Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA I am begging you to optimize game 3.

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 5,616
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
BEGGING

My rig is a super computer, it could put a man on the moon by itself in the 1960's. Why do I have to sit through minute long load times every time a load screen pops up. Why do my FPS tank with a PAYED DLC?

Please CA. Anything.
Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.

Comments

• LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    I think its safe to say game 3 will be better overall compared to this one.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,300
    CA already mentionned they will use the improvements from Troy and 3K regarding the optimisation of Warhammer 3.

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,782
    edited August 2021
    Graphics can stand some improvement too honestly. Of course it shouldn’t be Battlefront II quality, because no computer could run a Total War game of that quality. But looking at certain locations and models, really gives some PS3 nostalgia.

Edit: I meant Star Wars Battlefront II
    Post edited by ROMOBOY on
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• katana1231katana1231 Registered Users Posts: 58
    get ssd,my loadings are 10 sec because of ssd
  • Ulthuan_VolcanoUlthuan_Volcano Registered Users Posts: 299
    I hope so too, my computer is old
    http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/ Ulthuan, Home of the Asur. If any high elf player is in the hobby too I would suggest you to check this forum.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

BEGGING

My rig is a super computer, it could put a man on the moon by itself in the 1960's. Why do I have to sit through minute long load times every time a load screen pops up. Why do my FPS tank with a PAYED DLC?

Please CA. Anything.

3K and Troy run way better than WH2 and Troy even uses the same version of the engine. So there's no reason to not presume that those improvements will make it to WH3.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,655
    edited August 2021
    Everyone says 3K and Troy run better than WH2 but I never see 1) a real comparison video 2) monsters and huge magic in battle and 3) more than 40 factions playing in the same campaign.

So I have my doubts, content creators already said it feels EXACTLY like WH2 , they even said theres a bit of lag (maybe because it was remote play)
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,215

Everyone says 3K and Troy run better than WH2 but I never see 1) a real comparison video 2) monsters and huge magic in battle and 3) more than 40 factions playing in the same campaign.

So I have my doubts, content creators already said it feels EXACTLY like WH2 , they even said theres a bit of lag (maybe because it was remote play)

From my experience, big monsters aren't the problem, but number of models in a battle, every time I figth Skaven and I zoom in where the battle is thickest my PC suffers a heart attack with the amount of models the Skaven bring to the battle.

3K can have massive numbers of models in battle, since you know, China, and all of them with animated banners as well, so if CA is using some of the things they are using in 3K, the game will run much better.

The lag thing was because of it being that weird remote thing, that is why once in video form it doesn't have lag.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,681
    3K actually ran worse for me, personally. Cannot speak to Troy.

ToB ran comparable to WH2... which makes me angry that none of that got back ported to Attila, which runs like hot garbage.

Attila, other than performance, is aging REALLY well compared to modern TW games. Especially with mods.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

3K has added one extra unit size above ultra, so boo-hoo.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856
    ROMOBOY said:

Of course it shouldn’t be Battlefront II quality, because no computer could run a Total War game of that quality.

Excuse me?!?

Where are you buying your computers from?

ROMOBOY said:

Of course it shouldn’t be Battlefront II quality, because no computer could run a Total War game of that quality.

Excuse me?!?

I should have specified that I meant Star Wars Battlefront II
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,279
    Do you have an SSD ? Load times do not take a minute with one.

• EterlikEterlik Registered Users Posts: 453
    You should consider investing into an SSD, improves loading times to seconds.
  • steam_165136873745PZbGpTssteam_165136873745PZbGpTs Registered Users Posts: 299

get ssd,my loadings are 10 sec because of ssd

I havs a SSD too. Takes sometimes 30 to 50 seconds. Better than 3-4 minuets beforenthe SSD, but still annoying.
  • Iron_CrownIron_Crown Registered Users Posts: 1,600
    Using the GCCM mod that adds a ton of new battle maps significantly increases load time. I guess it has well over 1 GB of maps. Still totally worth it to use it, but I think this shows that the amount of assets in the game make a big difference for loading times. So WH may just take much longer to load than other TW games because it has such a vast amount of diverse assets. Might just be the price we pay for all that variety.

• MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 1,125
    edited August 2021
    So, having a relative who own a big hardware shop and I've tested many Total War games on multiple configurations.

Here's my thoughts

- Total War Warhammer 2 drops heavily to 30 fps in zoomed in, large battles with low camera angle, regardless of the hardware. Do not believe those claiming they can run the game at stable 60 fps, they lie to look cool in internet.
    To all those I offered 100 Euro if they provided me video proof, they all disappeared.

- Total War Warhammer 3 seems better optimized, the survival battle we've seen appeared incredibly smooth despite having thousand of units with close camera, the same situation whould've caused huge drops in Warhammer 2 (see point above).

-Total War Three Kingdom have the same problem of Warhammer 2, but a bit less and it is a bit smoother.

-Total War Troy is the most optimized of them all, it's the only recent TW game capable of keeping 60 fps at max details despite the camera zooming into large battles.

TLDR: If they use Troy as a standard, we'll be good.
  • YiunkoYiunko Registered Users Posts: 97
    I surely hope so but they haven't mentioned RTX or DLSS technology been added, Im crossing my fingers. I have a Ryzen 5800x and RTX 3080 and playing tomb kings or scaven is 15-30 fps, sometimes worse in battles.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,293
    The battle load times for Troy are substantially faster compared to WH2, and really make a large difference in how enjoyable the game is.

I've used an SSD for years, and my most recent purchase of one was in the last six months. The loads still feel way to slow in WH2. Streamers with extremely beefy hardware are still looking at 25+ second load times in WH2, so I'm not sure what speeds people are seeing that feel satisfied with the wait times.
  • TsuyaraTsuyara Registered Users Posts: 278

The battle load times for Troy are substantially faster compared to WH2, and really make a large difference in how enjoyable the game is.

I've used an SSD for years, and my most recent purchase of one was in the last six months. The loads still feel way to slow in WH2. Streamers with extremely beefy hardware are still looking at 25+ second load times in WH2, so I'm not sure what speeds people are seeing that feel satisfied with the wait times.

I got a normal SSD and I haven't had issues with load times, I'll time it later today. Performance could always use improvements though, playing this game on a HDD absolutely required a 2nd monitor to watch stuff.

ROMOBOY said:

Excuse me?!?
    Did you confuse Battlefront 2 with Battlefield 2? This is battlefront 2.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 35,389
    Agreed. I have a high end PC and can play every game out there on extreme/Ultra. But sometimes it takes 10 minutes to load the campaign or a battle….
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,681
    ArneSo said:

Agreed. I have a high end PC and can play every game out there on extreme/Ultra. But sometimes it takes 10 minutes to load the campaign or a battle….

What? No. There's something going on, on your end bro. That or you're exaggerating. Hands down it doesn't take you 10 minutes unless something is wrong with your computer or you have a ton of stuff running in the background. My PC is older than some of this game's players and it doesn't take 10 minutes -- and I use a regular hard drive.
    can we agree that Troy looks all shiny and bad graphically ? If you dont agree show me an unedited photo of a battle or campaign.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Improve UI

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,300

can we agree that Troy looks all shiny and bad graphically ? If you dont agree show me an unedited photo of a battle or campaign.

We can't.

Neodeinos said:

We can't.
    you talking but you aint showing chaka chaka
    *Improve UI

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 5,616

I do but I install my games to my HHD's.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.

I guess you don’t have a large space SSD?

ROMOBOY said:

I have the same problem, I have sompace for only 1 big game in my SSD, it used to be WH2 then Cyberpunk and now Mass Efffect Andromeda.
    *Improve UI

ROMOBOY said:

I have the same problem, I have sompace for only 1 big game in my SSD, it used to be WH2 then Cyberpunk and now Mass Efffect Andromeda.
    Yeah that’s the only downside to SSD. If you want a large storage one, you’re gonna have to pay a lot.

ROMOBOY said:

ROMOBOY said:

Yeah that’s the only downside to SSD. If you want a large storage one, you’re gonna have to pay a lot.
    Im already dissappinted cause I bought an RTX2060 last year and it can’t handle RTX anywhere. Only in Quake 2 RTX test. Such a trashedy!
    *Improve UI