Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Workshop Mod: Thunderbarge

MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,634
edited August 15 in Community Mods
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2575636581&searchtext=

Modders have knocked it out of the park again! Amazing what's possible these days. I tested this thing in-game and it feels almost official quality, the textures and animations are great and the unit really packs a punch.
Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let it be known that I was foolish enough to doubt UberReptilian, who, in her infinite wisdom, predicted that the Ogre Kingdoms would be the preorder bonus before even the Ogre Mercenary FLC for Warhammer II. This signature will stand as a monument to my shame. Woe upon me!
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,880
    It appears nothing is impossible.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    Wow it looks amazing. I hope when CA finally put it in the game it looks like this. o:)
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • JoelethJoeleth Registered Users Posts: 147
    This thing works well.

It has a main cannon that you control when you order it to fire.

Then it has hand gunners on the deck and cannons on either side that all fire independently and while moving.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,634
    I forgot to mention this: It also comes with a Regiment of Renown as well as Malakai Makaiison as a legendary hero, who can take the Spirit of Grungni as a mount.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let it be known that I was foolish enough to doubt UberReptilian, who, in her infinite wisdom, predicted that the Ogre Kingdoms would be the preorder bonus before even the Ogre Mercenary FLC for Warhammer II. This signature will stand as a monument to my shame. Woe upon me!
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,580
    It looks great for a mod.

The Malakai LP can’t come soon enough!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Alexandrian2202Alexandrian2202 Registered Users Posts: 50
    edited August 15
    This looks INCREDIBLE! What an amazing modelling job.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,096
    Them modders have the last few years just done stellar work.....this looks amazeballs

Can't wait to try it out

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,741
    Its beautiful
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,307
    edited August 15
    I remember modded units some times ago... simple reskins and kitbashes. Now, we're approaching professional level. Mods like this are a testament of the community's ingenuity.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,285
    THUNDERBOSS!

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,256
    edited August 15
    Looks pretty cool. Side cannons fire at once, if you face frontally then only the single front cannon fires. Few riflemen atop fire too seperately.

Wish there was a version with organ guns though.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,256
    And with melee order, it dives in like gyrocopters and starts ramming stuff. Cannons keep firing while in melee. Wish them rotors sliced and diced as well tho.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,967
    I feel like this thing shouldn't have any melee capabilities, just the deck gunners to drive attackers away. In any case, it looks absolutely amazing.

If only the Coatl got this level of professionalism and inspiration lol
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,979
    edited August 15
    Yeah, I doubt it would be able to control it's altitude well enough to engage in any sort of melee. Should be reliant on its gunners for defense. It would be vulnerable to air-monsters, but not too bad -- consider how the skinks and goblins on the backs of things still fire while the monster is in melee. It does need SOME weakness, after all.

But inclusion of something like that would mean some races need cost/balance adjustments and unit additions to fight it.

Greenskins for instance would *really* need their spear chukkaz and stuff. They need all their ****ing anti large options.

BUT ANYWAY

Once a modder shows CA a thing is possible, they usually make a version for the base game. So consider this coming.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,307

I feel like this thing shouldn't have any melee capabilities, just the deck gunners to drive attackers away. In any case, it looks absolutely amazing.

If only the Coatl got this level of professionalism and inspiration lol

I think a unit with no melee cannot mechanically work in the game.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183

And with melee order, it dives in like gyrocopters and starts ramming stuff. Cannons keep firing while in melee. Wish them rotors sliced and diced as well tho.

Better melee animations than the Coatl damn
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,114
    That's actually amazing.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,169
    looks majestic
    BsFG dwarf
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,374
    edited August 15
    I'm not a fan of gyrocopters/gyrobombers/thunderbarges having a 'melee' attack. Plowing a flying machine straight into the ground to crash into some dudes below you seems like an inherently bad idea... :s
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,355
    Its very underpowered atm though imo.

even if you position so that both side shoot, it doesnt repay itself and the front cannon doesnt do enough damage, so you end up with not much control over damage done and can only position and hope.

Looks awesome though! Hope they rebalance a bit.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file