Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Characters disappearing from the family tree

Gunga_dinGunga_din MemberRegistered Users Posts: 358
edited June 2015 in Gameplay Issues
I`m gonna try to explain what happens quick and simple. If anyone had the same problem, I`d like to know

One of my male family members got married, then passed out. I could still use his wife for political purposes, until she got married to a noble from other families. Both characters disappear from the family tree, hence we can`t directly do any political actions. They are not either on the family tree or other nobles tab.

I can still see his stats if I get to it through the campaign map (he`s a general), but it`s annoying getting low loyalty messages popping up and not being able to do a thing about it. :/
Post edited by Gunga_din on

Comments

• GunhoGunho Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    I've had the same thing happen recently, kind of annoying.
  • MatlockMatlock Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited February 2015
    The wife wasn't your family to begin with. So once she remarried to other noble, they both became other nobles. Neither of them are your family members after that. She is in the family of the man she married now. The general should still show up in the "other nobles" area right? If not then yes that's a bug but they are not supposed to be in your family tree at all.

And you can still improve his loyalty by using your family's influence.

The only way to avoid this is to not remarry her.
  • jugstajugsta Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    Same thing happened to me.

My solution was to do a battle where I sacrificed the command squad so he the traitorous filth could die!.

BUT spend all your cash first, whatever you have left will be the "price" for a new general (unless you have another family member available). My generals cost around 25k but bought him for 3k since that was all I had ;)
    edited February 2015
    Matlock wrote: »
    The wife wasn't your family to begin with. So once she remarried to other noble, they both became other nobles. Neither of them are your family members after that. She is in the family of the man she married now. The general should still show up in the "other nobles" area right? If not then yes that's a bug but they are not supposed to be in your family tree at all.

And you can still improve his loyalty by using your family's influence.

The only way to avoid this is to not remarry her.

It's definitely a bug, the person disappears completely from the faction tab. The one that vanished on me was a general and just declared civil war because I couldn't raise his loyalty level.
  • teinageteinage Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    I have the same kind of bug. I continued my campain and then suddenly my faction leader died. That was normal the guy was 72 years old. So I went to the family tree and noticed that his entire family dissapeared. He is not even on the tree again. I can't see my current High King in the family tree, only in the side tab of the governors. So there is nothing I can do. It only shows me 4 old dead family members and a guy that married one of the daughters, the rest is gone. I suppose this is a bug ?

It is annoying too because i am losing the control of my faction and my dominance is getting lower and lower... and this is after 170 turns so i should have a big family
  • CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,596
    edited March 2015
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all the information about people vanishing from your family tree, I'm passing all information we get about this along to the team =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited March 2015
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all the information about people vanishing from your family tree, I'm passing all information we get about this along to the team =)

Thank you!
  • TheTiberonTheTiberon Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2015
    Has there been any progress on this? Still having this issue.
  • MimbiMimbi Registered Users Posts: 18
    Nearly a year later, same bug, no fix. How about selling us another DLC instead CA?
  • TotalWerewolfTotalWerewolf Registered Users Posts: 1
    Sorry for the necro'ing of such an old thread......but I'm still having this problem to this day and haven't found a fix.
  • Shifty_BroccoliShifty_Broccoli Registered Users Posts: 1
    This just happened to my faction heir with ~130 influence, leaving his top tier young wife with no children, and his castrated younger brother as the most suitable family member for kingship to succeed my SIXTY FOUR YEAR OLD FACTION LEADER.
    If I hadn't been playing for literally years this would totally spoil my fun.
    In fact, no. That makes this even more frustrating.
    I have an almost perfect run on.
    I am playing the Saxons, with literally almost every single barbarian kingdom (-The L*ngob*rds, and Fr*nks may they rest in hell) as my military allies.
    I have invaded Britannia and beaten the Celts into submission, dust, and certain defeat.
    I just wiped out two armies of Huns with a smaller force of many horsemen, and Saxon spears.
    Things were going SO WELL and then my favourite son goes on a haitus, leaving me with Esla the Nuttless and civil war as a certainty.

Cheers
  • chemival#6454chemival#6454 Registered Users Posts: 24
    My pictish High King has joined the 'Other nobles' list along with his huge influence,.Imperium has dropped accordingly and as a result of that, loads of nobles now have dangerously low loyalty and civil war looms. Really hope this is a bug with a simple workaround and not a 'feature' (i.e. actually my fault for doing something stupid).

Cheers!