Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 units overview: Mutalith Vortex Beast

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,416

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,383
    That's going to be a Tzeentch DLC centerpiece for sure.

And yes I know it is unaligned in 8e but they have kinda made it a Tzeentch thing lately with the only mark it can take being Tzeentch's in recent games. Also just look at the thing.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,827

but they have kinda made it a Tzeentch thing lately with the only mark it can take being Tzeentch's in recent games.

In AoS it also can be unaligned.
    SerPus said:

but they have kinda made it a Tzeentch thing lately with the only mark it can take being Tzeentch's in recent games.

In AoS it also can be unaligned.
    I know you can take it with no mark whatsoever and it is in the StD list. But tellingly you also can't take it with the Chaos Undivided mark. It's Tzeentch or nothing. And of course you can also take it with a Tzeentch army.

I'm aware that making it a unaligned WoC unit makes sense and the WoC deserve all the love they can get but I REALLY think that it and the Slaughterbrute will be Tzeentch and Khorne centerpiece units. And there are some more beasties that the WoC can still get.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,827

And yes I know it is unaligned in 8e but they have kinda made it a Tzeentch thing lately with the only mark it can take being Tzeentch's in recent games. Also just look at the thing.

Maybe they'll give it to Tzeentch but I would not be surprised if CA keep that one as an Undivided unit and give it to the Warriors of Chaos in a lord pack, same for the Slaughter brute.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

I'm aware that making it a unaligned WoC unit makes sense and the WoC deserve all the love they can get but I REALLY think that it and the Slaughterbrute will be Tzeentch and Khorne centerpiece units.

I just hope that it will be available to both.
    SerPus said:

I'm aware that making it a unaligned WoC unit makes sense and the WoC deserve all the love they can get but I REALLY think that it and the Slaughterbrute will be Tzeentch and Khorne centerpiece units.

It would be nice if WoC got more black and gray toned versions of the Vortex Beast and Slaughterbrute but I'm just not expecting it right now. Maybe if you own the DLC they come with WoC also get them. That was kind of my old proposal for Monogods where their DLC would also add any appropriate units to WoC, DoC and BoC.

At the very least I expect we will get a WoC DLC with Chimera, their Chaos Shrine, and Chaos Ogres, the hopefully they can get some more stuff like Flayerkin and Great Spined Chaos Beasts to make up for some of the units potentially lost to monogods (which is only about 4 units)
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,335
    It will be a fantastic centrepiece unit for one of the Tzeentch LPs. Just as planned! 😌
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

SerPus said:

It would be nice if WoC got more black and gray toned versions of the Vortex Beast and Slaughterbrute but I'm just not expecting it right now. Maybe if you own the DLC they come with WoC also get them. That was kind of my old proposal for Monogods where their DLC would also add any appropriate units to WoC, DoC and BoC.

At the very least I expect we will get a WoC DLC with Chimera, their Chaos Shrine, and Chaos Ogres, the hopefully they can get some more stuff like Flayerkin and Great Spined Chaos Beasts to make up for some of the units potentially lost to monogods (which is only about 4 units)
    Yap WoC can be happy if they get 1 LP and there are more than enough cool Unaligned centrepiece units CA can use. The ones you listed would all be fantastic.

I also really really want the Giant Chaos Spawn!

Would be very fitting for Sayl the Faithless.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,051
    Yeah its a great looking monster

Imagine if Ca implemented that whenever it fights a enemy unit of melee infantry for one minute straight it would mutate them into a unit of full hp chaos spawn witch would turn on their former comrades.

Or something like it, i would just love the famous transformative powers of Tzeentch to be implented in a unique way in game 3.

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life

It would be nice if WoC got more black and gray toned versions of the Vortex Beast and Slaughterbrute

What? Why? What's wrong with red and blue colors?

Chimera

Meh.
    SerPus said:

It would be nice if WoC got more black and gray toned versions of the Vortex Beast and Slaughterbrute

Chimera

Meh.
    Chimera is a great centrepiece unit like it or not.

Then we also have the following possible Centrepiece units…
    - Chaos Shrine
    - Giant Chaos Spawn
    - Spined Chaos Beast

And CA can also add the Basilisk if they want to. It’s kinda a Zoat 2.0 situation here.

Then Chaos Ogres and Flayerkin as cheap filler unit…

Just pick your 3-4 units.
    SerPus said:

Chimera

Meh.
    Just to visually distinguish them in the different rosters. Doesn't seem to be a very strange concept to me.

What do you have against the Chimera? I find them to be a kind of Undivided Chaos staple.

But there are plenty of giant monster options for WoC outside of MVB and Slaughterbrute. I'm more interested in seeing a unit of warriors riding unaligned daemonic mounts to make up for the potential lack of monstrous cavalry if Skullcrushers are Khorne only personally.

Just to visually distinguish them in the different rosters.

I don't see the need for that. It seems weird to me that people are that obsessed with colors, especially when it comes to Chaos.

What do you have against the Chimera?

It looks boring to me, especially when you compare it to such beaty as Mutalith Vortex Beast.

I'm more interested in seeing a unit of warriors riding unaligned daemonic mounts to make up for the potential lack of monstrous cavalry if Skullcrushers are Khorne only personally.

Oh, that would be absolutely horrible.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,339
    Neodeinos said:

Maybe they'll give it to Tzeentch but I would not be surprised if CA keep that one as an Undivided unit and give it to the Warriors of Chaos in a lord pack, same for the Slaughter brute.
    Then what will Tzeentch get in a lord pack
    SerPus said:

Just to visually distinguish them in the different rosters.

I don't see the need for that. It seems weird to me that people are that obsessed with colors, especially when it comes to Chaos.

What do you have against the Chimera?

It looks boring to me, especially when you compare it to such beaty as Mutalith Vortex Beast.

I'm more interested in seeing a unit of warriors riding unaligned daemonic mounts to make up for the potential lack of monstrous cavalry if Skullcrushers are Khorne only personally.

Oh, that would be absolutely horrible.
    Tzeentch needs some fancy centrepieces for 2-3 LPs tho… and as a core race, he has the priority over WoC.

WoC have enough other fancy choices and really don’t need the Vortex Beast.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,827

Neodeinos said:

Then what will Tzeentch get in a lord pack
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some new units invented by GW.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• 6nieve66nieve6 Registered Users Posts: 490
    I'm expecting a Mortis effect for the basic one and a Chaos Spawn summon for the RoR
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,550
    edited August 19

What a beautiful creature!
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    I feel like if it came as part of a Tzeentch LP buying it could also unlock it for WoC.