Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Have you preordered WH3?

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,795

The idea that anyone on this forum who spends much time here won't just buy the game immediately anyway is laughable.

Pre-ordering is barely any different to an early purchase (and usually you get a discount to boot).

Given that all the races that really interest me are already the game, I would be fine with calling it done after warhammer 2 gets abandoned.

I’m firmly a TWW1 guy when it comes to preferred races. Yet even so I’d buy TWW3 just to be able to play Immortal Empires with the older races even if none of the TWW3 races were my cup of tea.

I'll buy their game when they decide to tell me what the product is.

I'm not paying for their marketing department out of good will.

A marketing department who in 6 months haven’t exactly been drumming up hype for that product.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
    I’m waiting till content is released before preordering. There’s no rush, still a long time before it’s released
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,406

Reeks said:

Reeks said:

No pre-ordering is stupid and should be avoided at all cost

I did do it at some point as well, but Ca ain´t getting any more pre-order cash from me, they lost that privilege by releasing unpolished products and using scummy marketing ploys like their adding DLC content on their FLC charts (bone giant for example) and selling us mystery content galore(kharibdyss)

Now i buy their product after they have been released and only if i find the level of bugs to be bearable and i let the sheeple act CA´s free q/a department

What a colorful text, so you are literallt every day in the forum lurking for news but if WH3 comes with bugs you won’t buy it? I call bs
    Did you have a hard time comprehending what you qoted?
    I feel like i explained pretty clearly why i dont pre-order and how i treat buggy releases 😉
    No, I just know you #1 fanboy already pre ordered wh3 and will not be able to live one day with wh3 released and not playing it. leave and take your edgy texts with you.
    You know nothing, and your misguided guesses are worthless and wrong, and i´l stay and write whatever i please tyvm ;)

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,057
    I haven't pre ordered it. I most likely will eventually, but im looking for more information first.
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 139

Bonus question for those who want to answer it:

What would make you NOT buy the game on release day? Or even don’t buy it at all?

Only if I do not have a new PC by release. But as I will likely buy myself a new one after over 5 years there is no reason then, not to buy.
  • sandercohensandercohen Registered Users Posts: 322
    I don't pre-order out of principle. I don't see the point. If the game is good on release, I can still buy it on release. It's not like I buy any physical copies anyway so there's no chance that the game is simply sold out and I won't get my hands on a copy until later.

Developers should not get paid before the game is even released. This simply fuels the trend in which developers release a big-ridden game, only to patch it months or years later, if at all. Cyberpunk is still a bug-ridden mess to this day.

Then there is also the issue with CA's current track record. In it inexcusable that the weapon strength bug remained for two months after the Grom dlc. The current state of the game is even worse than it was in well over a year ago, but still no communication from CA, and no patch release date. It is quite atrocious.

• YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,638
    I'm not pre-ordering just because I'll "pre-order at some point anyway". I will (pre-)order when I'm convinced that game 3 is value for my money. That may not necessarily be before the game is launched. I think a 10% discount is whatever so that doesn't really swing it for me. The difference doesn't even buy me lunch.

I'm not convinced yet that game 3 is worth my money. Kislev looked fine but I wasn't sold on the Khorne roster, and the survival battles have a gamey feel that I don't appreciate. I already largely expect to like Tzeentch but my decision depends on whether they've done a good job with Grand Cathay.

If they go overboard with discouraging "cheesy" tactics, or bring the gamey elements of survival battles to sieges, I might just not buy game 3 at all. I don't have a prior investment on the setting either as I've never been interested in TT gaming in any shape or form and when it comes to fantasy settings, I prefer a more fantastical/magical one. I like the classic Tolkien with celtic mythical vibes (rather than the grimdark of Shadow of Mordor), magitech Tyria of Guild Wars 2 or the planehopping of Forgotten Realms way more.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Of course not. Pre-ordering is a very harmful practice, from the consumer's perspective. It basically encourages the producer to invest more on marketing at the expense of the actual product. I understand the excitement many young fans feel, but their impatience only leads to sabotaging their own interests in the long term.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,430
    Not yet.
    I'm waiting for the last possible moment to get the pre-order bonus, which I hear will extend a little post-launch so I'll technically not pre-order at all.
    but I do intend to buy.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,087
    edited August 20
    Never.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,986

Of course not. Pre-ordering is a very harmful practice, from the consumer's perspective. It basically encourages the producer to invest more on marketing at the expense of the actual product. I understand the excitement many young fans feel, but their impatience only leads to sabotaging their own interests in the long term.

Oh no. I definitely don't want CA to invest more in the game and sell a load of copies so it can justify making more LPs longterm.....
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 385
    No I didn't. Why? Because I still wait for info about what is going to be in collection edition and than maybe I will buy my first collection edition. Also when I decide to pre-order I gonna take a physical copy as CA added really nice map in Three Kingdoms, so I hope their are going to add some nice good in WH3. Also physical copy are cheaper in my country than digital.

BTW as opener said, where is the point for waiting for reviews and such thing, when we here have over hundreds hours in game and we know what we are going to get. And let's be honest guys, we even know that when WH3 will be out it will be bugged as hell.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
    There's a 99% chance I pre-order a couple weeks out. It's a great game to play with a stream on.

Thing is we know precisely bugger all about it. I need to be wined and dined before I go on the hustle. I want to know what they're doing about the big issues, the campaign map, mechanics. I want to write 10 threads on how Cathay's the best race ever. As is there's nothing. And for all we know it's been delayed 6 months, even if that is unlikely.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,080
    like always, 1 day before release

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Oh no. I definitely don't want CA to invest more in the game and sell a load of copies so it can justify making more LPs longterm.....
    I don't think the expression "at the expense" means what you think it means.
    Nestor.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,021
    No. My principles wouldn't allow it.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,638

You don't have to pre-order to support the game. You can just buy it when it's out like you would anything else.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    I somewhat enjoy the fact that CA are incredibly good at releasing information or their products just as I start to work again. Which is phenomenal considering I have 200 days off every year. My vacay ends on the 8th of September just as Troy Mythos has been out for a little while and we can finally start to expect TWW3 infoes.

Every damn time :D .
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Elu1987Elu1987 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    Santobubu said:

Actually the offer is still there https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-warhammer-iii
    You're welcome 😊

Is this reliable?
    I know I gonna buy and play it on Day 1, no matter the Preorder Bonus. So there is no reason to wait for me.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,820
    I haven't pre-ordered it, and not only on principle. I'm still unconvinced by some design choices, and we've seen too little of the big mechanic changes reworks for me to make an informed opinion on the game.

Beside, if Slaanesh is not done good enough, I won't buy it day one either. I'm still a good few WH2 DLCs behind, so i'm not in a hurry.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy

Nah. I just ignored that bit because I wanted to use that line.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,247
    I did. Even if TWW3 doesn't improve anything over TWW2, it would still give me 5 new races(plus pre-order one) to play with.

So, you made a sarcastic parody of my post by completely reversing its meaning? Alright.
    Nestor.

• SchusselSchussel Registered Users Posts: 832
    yes,

got almost every TW Game sind Shogung 1 was published
    so its already some kind of traditon

So, you made a sarcastic parody of my post by completely reversing its meaning? Alright.
    Nah. Wasn't really at or about you. I wanted to say a line. I said it. Your comment was just close enough to justify it.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,819
    SerPus said:

I did. Even if TWW3 doesn't improve anything over TWW2, it would still give me 5 new races(plus pre-order one) to play with.

Someone doesn't know how to count.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,427

SerPus said:

The Tzeentch race used a time warp spell to retroactively insert itself into his game, so he's already played it. :p
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Currently eagerly awaiting the Ogre Kingdoms!
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,247

I only counted the races that I will play as.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,112
    This overly excited about the game makes people pre-order it is a bit off.

If you know you’re going to buy it and 49.99 isn’t that much to you then why not?

The pre order bonus is worth getting it early.

I think if I was on the breadline these points about waiting may be more relevant to me (and others),but I don’t think the majority are. If you’re sure but it; if you’re not don’t.

It’s neither wrong or right to do either.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,819
    SerPus said:

I only counted the races that I will play as.

The Cathay hate truly is something else. And not in a good way.