Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

State of the Dawi

AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,656
Hey everybody !

So I wanted to know, am I the only one struggling as **** with the dawi atm ?

I am a dawi and LM main, I win like 99% of games as LM and like 90% of games with other races, but with the dawi ? I can't win **** unless I face a new player.

Chariots are simply unstoppable and dish out so much damage. There is so many backline disruption atm its basically impossible to make your missiles actually effective. The new rune system is cool, but the lack of slows and having the slows being weaker has hurt the dawi a lot imo.

I seem to beat dwarfs very easily, going wide with a lot of backline disruptor is very strong.

Am I the only obe struggling with this ?

Comments

• DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Chariots are definitely back in business, but I find Dwarfs to be very strong currently. Pretty much only even and favoured matchups (which should balance out in game 3 with the changes to magic resist helping the more dominantly favoured Dwarf matchups a bit).

Try out Giant Slayers in the backline as protectors, they are pretty amazing units now. Alongside rune of slowness, flashbombs, gyrobombers suppression you should be able to handle most chariot combos. Ungrim and Grombrindal are both very strong anti-chariot tools too as it doesn't take much damage before they can oneshot models when slowed or bogged down.

Gyrocopters Brimstones are also very solid to protect the backline alongside thunderers/organ guns on the ground to help clear the air so you can snipe or target units down with impunity.
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder

#TWW3=No.1MultiplayerRTS2022
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 818
    dw is pretty good now imo
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,515
    edited August 25
    Dwf r definitely among the bottom 3 with voast in game at the moment, due to significant bugs. Most especially spells. Also with the destruction of hammerers which is quite a key in many match up.

Lots of noobs going on engineer lol as expected even prior to patching that contributes significantly to their demise. They r an extremely easy faction to steamroll. Even against the regular vet dwf here unfortunately. Dwf r really, really frikking easy to rekt. Dwf and vamps pretty much make up half of all my wins and there’s absolutely no shortage of them to farm.

Main problem is the extreme subpar of dwf inf, which is among the worst in game. They pay for stats u never use in ap 2h melee grind such as longbeards immune to psy, charge def etc. Especially longbeards 2h, the worst in the grp after chaos 2h, white lions, squires etc. which is very problematic since ull ALWAYS lose the armoured ap 2h fights. Forcing u to go hammerers which is again yet another worst 2h in game with this patch.

And worse, rune priest r at their WORST since 2016, they have never been this useless. Its bad really. Without the bugs they would be below average faction. With the bugs running, they r bottom 3.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,672
    edited August 25
    I found the balance of dwarfs be quite good now, just dont play vs BM due to bugged chariots, been having no major issues with other faction chariots (tho haven't played vs GS ones much i assume same issue as BM), i found the fire on move gyros being great here, and even vs HE with tempest speed reduction gyros do became more viable.

I do think the rune system needs upgrade to 3 runes tho.

I find dwarfs overall be stronger than previously but not OP.

LM are just pure broken now so winning with them compared to other factions i think is not a good example.

I been playing vs very good players with my dawrfs including some of the best for following factions (DE, WE, VC, TK, SKV) and i managed to have good wins mostly and in general good close games if i happened to lose.

One thing is though that i do feel the strategy that was used before to wrath and ruin something for a slow and take out the threat, is not viable anymore, smoke bombs are used differently and current slow rune is just not the same. I found going more combat hevy/agressive is the way to go mostly.

Also im about to get downvoted by dwarf mains but i speak from my experience and view so im happy to play each and everyone of those people who downvotes me and see if we can change your army mind on the above, lets see if the people who disagree can be brave enough to own up to it.

I do agree on the last part of your comment, but thats the nature of current patch, where going wide is most viable way to play, tho dwarfs can do it also.
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 740
    Dwarves still do alright honestly with the exception of few factions think HE is roughest matchup by far do to whitelion chariots being easy to keep alive with healing and Skaven can be rough though slayer/minor rush can sometimes work.

Idk I’ve kind let my rank decay this patch as bugs in mp have made it rough to play.

Dwarves still do alright honestly with the exception of few factions think HE is roughest matchup by far do to whitelion chariots being easy to keep alive with healing and Skaven can be rough though slayer/minor rush can sometimes work.

Idk I’ve kind let my rank decay this patch as bugs in mp have made it rough to play.

yeah i agree with above, i thinks kv is not easy but within fine levels, its HE that are very hard but i do think tempest changes and gyros fire on move did help just slightly and thoreks rune of doom also means LB GW can beat WL, neverthe less i do think its still very hard for dawi but if before was auto loss i think now its just very hard.
  • ForomarForomar Registered Users Posts: 22

How so?
    There were only nerfs for the dwarfs other than the addition of Thorek, ME and 2 of the new runes. (Speed and W&R)
    - no Hammer of Karak Drazh
    - Grombi nerf
    - Hammerer nerf
    - reduced slow effectiveness of Rune of Slowness (old Wrath&Ruin) by 60%

I would rate that as a neutral change at best, but we all know what is going to happen on a potential new patch:
    Oh look, Thorek and ME are picked well above average. Let's nerf them.
    And i bet those nerfs are gonna be similar to how they nerfed the Runesmith/Lord for the old Wrath&Ruin, instead of Rune itself.

I just don't trust CA to not **** it up on the next patch (if that even happens before Immortal Empires)
  • ThisIsREMThisIsREM Registered Users Posts: 270
    edited August 25
    Dwarfs seem to be the most OP faction if going by the QB pick rate... Feels like 70% of my games are vs Dwarfs and it is depressingly boring...

On a serious note, DW is a powerhouse. DW counter a whole bunch of factions currently. As first pick they slightly struggle due to a few bad MUs, but as long as you dont pick DW into HE or Skaven then they are fine. Other than 3-4 MUs they seem to be the ones with the advantage.
    Foromar said:

How so?
    There were only nerfs for the dwarfs other than the addition of Thorek, ME and 2 of the new runes. (Speed and W&R)
    - no Hammer of Karak Drazh
    - Grombi nerf
    - Hammerer nerf
    - reduced slow effectiveness of Rune of Slowness (old Wrath&Ruin) by 60%

I would rate that as a neutral change at best, but we all know what is going to happen on a potential new patch:
    Oh look, Thorek and ME are picked well above average. Let's nerf them.
    And i bet those nerfs are gonna be similar to how they nerfed the Runesmith/Lord for the old Wrath&Ruin, instead of Rune itself.

I just don't trust CA to not **** it up on the next patch (if that even happens before Immortal Empires)
    I think the positive changes outweight the negative ones

Yes i agree Gromb got nerfed but we have Thorek now and even with no Grombi nerf thorek would get picked over him (ofcourse i support buffs to grombi).

Hammerer nerf was not needed either, but i sitll think gyros having fire on the move far out weights that.

Other than that while like i stated i feel 3 of the runes are in need of a buff i think 2 of them are very good and 1 is kinda okish, i think overall the runes are a massive positive and give more options in ways to play dawrfs.

And while i do recognise the slow nerf is big i think it did not affect me much as i never though its needed before much so the runes are more ofenive for me, i think people who relied on arty sniping slowed targets do get affected here but as somone who hardly ever used that rune as it did not fit how i want to play dwarfs i feel unafected by it and to add to it you can now get runes + smoke bomb due to it being on hero level, also its a ranged smoke bomb now.

I defiantly feel the buffs dwarf got heavily outweight the nerfs but in saying that i think the nerfs dwarfs got are totally on non deserving aspects, i do feel parts of dwarf roster needed to be hit due to runes being added but defiantly not the area CA decided to hit.

As for the statment on ME and Thorek nerfs, yes i likely see they will get nerfed but i just hope its doen in logical way for me that would be

+cost on rune of doom (can be optional to equip it
    Swap ring of fire to thane from ME

Those are my nerfs/changes to the two above.

Other than that i would buff the 3 runes and revert hammerer change and buf grombi

with that i would most liley +25g on rangers and crossbowmen, and im undecided if thunderers need it also.

Also either a cost down or stats up on runesmiths and runelords.

I think that should end up leaving dwarfs in very strong spot without being opressive.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,250
    edited August 25
    Ignoring bugs, they are the same as before the patch when it comes to strength. No reason to think otherwise other than getting a useful flc lord for once. Also we still barely see them in tournaments which says a lot.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,356
    Fix the bugged chariots and spells and make runesmiths takeable so you see some lord diversity.

That aside dwarfs are in a good spot.

Would be very easy to go further and fix their bad matchups in both directions but ca isn’t into balancing lately so can t ask too much I guess.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 636
    Lmfao I honestly thought this was a joke post at first. Dwarves can bring three slows now plus throllhammers.theres only a few chariots that are actually good in this game because most chariots are bugged to be OP or UP right now. People take chariots because the dwarves have the most cost effective infantry in the game and some of the best missiles and artillery in the game. Dwarf players like OP are seriously calling to make the dwarves an auto win in MP.
    Keep in mind that there are people on these forums who think dwarf cannons need a buff
  • 3lfu3g03lfu3g0 Registered Users Posts: 12
    if empire takes 4 cannons against you what you gonna do?, or matchup against lizardmen- even temple guards can beat hammeres 1v1 not to mention lizards have kroxigors etc.
    3lfu3g0 said:

if empire takes 4 cannons against you what you gonna do?, or matchup against lizardmen- even temple guards can beat hammeres 1v1 not to mention lizards have kroxigors etc.

Ahh if only there was some way for dwarves to counter cannonball shots. Like maybe if there was a unit which could also shoot cannonballs back.

Oh well, until dawi engineers invent some sort of cannonball shooter then the poor poor dwarves will continue to get bullied by the empire. 😭😭😭

Also why would you ever take temple guard into dwarves? Longbeards GW can swarm for their cheap cost.
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 740
    Empire matchup just go number bring blasting charges to soften up greatswords nothing above longbeards is really needed in the matchup as you really just want numbers. Don’t try to contest Empire artillery it’s not needed you’ll just want quarrelers/ranger spam.
  • 3lfu3g03lfu3g0 Registered Users Posts: 12

3lfu3g0 said:

Ahh if only there was some way for dwarves to counter cannonball shots. Like maybe if there was a unit which could also shoot cannonballs back.

Oh well, until dawi engineers invent some sort of cannonball shooter then the poor poor dwarves will continue to get bullied by the empire. 😭😭😭

Also why would you ever take temple guard into dwarves? Longbeards GW can swarm for their cheap cost.
    well :d used red cresced skinks before but they started fleeing when they were at 50% HP so i used temple guards another day realising temple guards can actually even beat hammers
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,356
    it's a troll, gentlemen
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,515
    edited August 25
    Temple guards r amazing vs dwf, at the same price as hammerers they destroys them effortlessly and have shield. Iron breakers r oretty much the only inf on the roster that cant defeat. Tho the better option wouldve been going kroxigors

Anyway theres only so much u can do with this faction, they r the 3rd most outdated war1 faction behind chaos and nosca. A lot comes down to the, not aging nicely, which shouldnt be such a big problem if they hasnt elfed up than, eng, runelord and priest patch after patch after patch after patch.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,430
    edited August 25
    Beats me how they do vs lzm and the rest have been not playing as them out of spite.

He and skaven coubter picks still more or less wins.

And if i try to play bret empire or counts now vs dwarf i loose. I used to have decent sucess vs dwarf with at least bert and counts
    Post edited by saweendra on

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

edited August 25
    3lfu3g0 said:

if empire with 4 cannons are beating u, you just bad sorry its a fact, dwarfs are so good into empire that if you army breaks vs 4 cannons its eitehr a horrid army or you cannot use the army you are given|

And TG vs Dwarfs...just why?? cbb comment on this...enjoy loosing to AI
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,359
    3lfu3g0 said:

if empire takes 4 cannons against you what you gonna do?.

Slowly move my dawi infantry frontline to enemy cannons and kill all Empire units.
    Thing is dawi has no issues at dealing with anything that are slower than dawi(this is why dawi has not problems at killing Coast, due to it being only faction slower than them). And cannons are slower.
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,359

And TG vs Dwarfs...just why?? cbb comment on this...enjoy loosing to AI

TG are not bad vs dawi they do trade well vs many dawi infantry units. But considering that you can Oxy and double Asally dawi now, dunno what the point to use it.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,250
    edited August 25

i do think tempest changes and gyros fire on move did help just slightly

Hammerer nerf was not needed either, but i sitll think gyros having fire on the move far out weights that.

Fire on the move for Gyrocopters is a late campaign thing and i doubt this thread is about campaign.

Their response times seems to be improved by default though but you still need to stop to shoot.