Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA and the lack of Patch notes

AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,632
Hey !

Just wanted to share while I love that they told us in advance about the news drought and all, I find it quite stupid that they release a DLC with big bugs known before even the release of it and then they do not do any patch for months after it. I find it odd and honestly quite stupid. The cariot bug, cav bug and oracle bug are MAJOR ones and should have been fixed with a hotfix, not doing anything about it is basically just killing multiplayer for the current patch. All Beastment players spam tuskgor chariots and cav factions are much much weaker.
So next time CA, could you just plan for a hotfix after a DLC and not take the decision to not do anything for months ?

Comments

• ThisIsREMThisIsREM Registered Users Posts: 242
    I do think the community should be more active to put pressure on CA to do the right thing, since CA lacks the morals to do the right thing by themselves.

For example, we can cancel all wh3 preorders, down vote the DLC on stream and so on to hit CA in the only area that they care, their profits.

I think everyone will be happy if CA is successful and profitable as long as they maintain the game in a fit for purpose state, which they do not seem to intend to do.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Registered Users Posts: 6,849
    At least duck has been active here today acknowledging some bugs and issues. Since the list of bugs is pretty long, and some dlc units need tweaks too, I'd actually be happy to wait a bit if they fix it all. It would really have helped with some more communication though, and a rough eta.
    Don't fear the knockdown. Control it. Embrace it. Love it! :smile:
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,305

At least duck has been active here today acknowledging some bugs and issues. Since the list of bugs is pretty long, and some dlc units need tweaks too, I'd actually be happy to wait a bit if they fix it all. It would really have helped with some more communication though, and a rough eta.

Does it hurt to atleast Hotfix the most egregious bugs that's making Beastmen matches utterly unfun unless both players agree upon a completely unenforceable house rule?
  • AfghanMambaAfghanMamba Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 43
    edited September 6
    I assume there’s a pretty small team handling game two right now so I can understand if it takes a while to get some bug fixes out but it’s be nice if there was more communication that they are at least aware of the issues and working on it. Even if they’re saying **** it and just looking to WH3 it’d be nice if they said so.
    Post edited by AfghanMamba on
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 631
    edited September 6
    There is no patch, CA does not do full patches in between DLC content. Considering they just released their last DLC and have not said anything this is final state of TW:W2. Pretty sad really.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,321

There is no patch, CA does not do full patches in between DLC content. Considering they just released their last DLC and have not said anything this is final state of TW:W2. Pretty sad really.

there'll be a patch. duck wouldn't be posting in this forum random stuff if there weren't a patch incoming.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    I am assuming the Norsca update is coming for game 2.
  • ThisIsREMThisIsREM Registered Users Posts: 242
    Bastilean said:

I am assuming the Norsca update is coming for game 2.

That is a random assumption indeed... do you have any reasons behind this assumption, and what update would CA give to Norsca at this point?
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,291
    Be less abrasive. It was part of the Q&A discussion with CA
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,656
    eumaies said:

there'll be a patch. duck wouldn't be posting in this forum random stuff if there weren't a patch incoming.
    dunno mate duck is the lead battle designer for wh 3 , so i doubt he has tim to deal with wh 2, and honestly we have no idea if any one is working on wh 2.

duck could just be talking about how he is designing wh 3.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,488
    Theres a chance this is it for war 2.

I mean why bother tho, considering we r still in beta when war 1 itself is alpha.

Theres at least 10+ more factions to come, to even remotely consider the current game is anywhere near a finish product is laughable
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    yst said:

Theres a chance this is it for war 2.

I mean why bother tho, considering we r still in beta when war 1 itself is alpha.

Theres at least 10+ more factions to come, to even remotely consider the current game is anywhere near a finish product is laughable

Yeah i hope so.

Damn you nailed what wh 1 and wh 2 is essentially alpha and beta

That would mean wh 3 early acess. Seeing that combined map will not drop until later.
    edited September 7
    saweendra said:

Damn you nailed what wh 1 and wh 2 is essentially alpha and beta
    That would mean wh 3 early acess. Seeing that combined map will not drop until later.

Oh definitely, when war3 is released its essentially an early access.
    You would need to wait at least a year with 2-3 dlcs added, gazillion of bugs fixed to call it a proper game.

Even from there onwards, u still be looking at 5-6 missing factions.
    All depends on how far they r willing to milk the game, they milked war2 for 3 years, cant remember how much dlcs we got, 8?

All the bracing nonsense etc. I mean we already can see orge kingdoms smashing thru charge def. And thats like their primary faction mechanic at the moment at first glance, a demo of some sort if u will of how new mechanics with new factions can change the game.

Look at kislev, if the current broken missile value per unit stands, they will be a totally worthless faction, when all ammo used up, how much is the value again? -80%? Essentially a sisters of avelorn with ammo used up will be worth like $200-300 on the power bar. That is broken af, when they r strong enough to destroy a tombguard halberds, or destroy a squire prior to change, which i believe is still the case.

Imagine all that applying to kislev which is a pure hybrid faction, u dont even need to do anything, just bring 10 skellies with silvershield and they will auto rout themselves lol

Hype! <3
    Bleh, Cathay reveal no doubt.

Hype! <3</p>

Tomorrow it seems today its all about troy
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,487

Hype! <3</p>

Fix, cav, bandaid, ?, warhammer 2?

some turn issues in campaign maybe with the hour glass.

Wish there was pig in there also to confirm chariot fixes

Hype! <3</p>

Yea, if we get this fix, and fix to chariots soft collisions and chain-fired abilities, then we're looking pretty damn good! :smile:

Maybe with a big chunk of good will the timeglass 2 could have something with chain-uses of abilities?

• y4g3ry4g3r Registered Users Posts: 502

Fix cav patch time (it's an hourglass), and either 2 days or for Warhammer 2.

At least that's my reading of it.