Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So Warhammer 3 delayed? not delayed? Let's talk about it

duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 443
Recently, on several youtube channels, some content creators have started speculating whether WH3 will be delayed or not. ItalianSpartacus, Havoc.... and no doubt others will join the party soon.

What draws my attention is the fact that in their videos, they warn us with their "disclaimer" that this is all speculation in the exact same way, and at the same time they all speak with great confidence, as if they got their information from a reliable source.

Now I, contrary to what some content creators claim, am not sure that it is "pure speculation" as they say because they do not hesitate to throw their opinion and give us too many concrete facts in what they say to make it a mere speculation.

If it's pure conjecture, then why do all the youtubers have the same opinion and say it as if it's taken for granted? Why would they put their credibility on the line and the relevance of their critical thinking to convince us when there is a risk of being denied by an official statement any time in the next few days.
Many subscribers would end up leaving the channel and I don't think the Youtubers would take such a risk without having received some information from the developers.

My guess is that if the number of content creators saying the same thing increases(a delay for WH3), then it will mean that CA is trying to prepare the mind of the community before officially announcing the bad news and that they are using the youtubers for this kind of thing. Very clever indeed because I see a lot of people in the comment section saying " alright I'm fine with a delay if it makes the game better"

By Sigmar no! obviously it's not OK as we were promised a 2021 release! but we have no choice but to wait!

So Although I'm really unhappy with this thinking I guess we should expect a delay, yes... Not because there is a lot of evidence to suggest it will be delayed but because most of the content creators have told us so and because they have had access to some information we don't know yet. That's my conclusion

What's your thoughts and your guess folks?
Could you agree for a 2021 release and disagree if you think it will be delayed?

Comments

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,342
    I expect a delay as much as I expect a 2021 release. I think it’s a coin flip at this stage.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    I personally don't think Warhammer 3 will delay, but I won't going nuts if W3 really delayed
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,014
    This kind of speculation by reading too much into youtubers has been done to death before( by me included) and it just never works out. There are much simpler reasons to explain why this is happening. And much better reasons to believe the game is getting delayed.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 3,952
    Just prepare for the worst so your buttholes aren't hurt when it does get delayed.

• PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,599
    The youTubers living off the TWWH franchise have 0 info on game 3 like us. Hence to make content they have to make videos with speculation that is interesting.

They have nothing to lose by claiming the game has been delayed, and clickbaity titles on their videos sell well..

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,444
    Pede said:

They have nothing to lose by claiming the game has been delayed, and clickbaity titles on their videos sell well..

Exactly why I won't even give them a click. It's bait, it's not interesting.

Glorified trolling.
    Glory matters not.

• talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,394
    Nope. No delay
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,203

I expect a delay as much as I expect a 2021 release. I think it’s a coin flip at this stage.

True, but it’s still hype month!
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Pede said:

The youTubers living off the TWWH franchise have 0 info on game 3 like us. Hence to make content they have to make videos with speculation that is interesting.

Yup, this is all it is until CA throw them some bones.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,907
    If there is a push to get it out despite not being ready, its most certainly coming from investors who want that holiday launch so they can get that juicy Annual ROI. I promise that the executives couldn't care less what any of us think or how angry we are. They pay Simone to get yelled at for them.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 443
    Pede said:

If I notice a youtuber releases clickbait content and is wrong all the time, I just unsubscribe because I have no interest in following someone that is always wrong. It would be a waste of time. So they do lose something if they always claim something that happen to be not true. Viewers and credibility is money for them.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,639
    Wait a week and we'll find out.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,117
    Why would you listen to youtubers, especially ones that are owned by CA?
    SerPus said:

Why would you listen to youtubers, especially ones that are owned by CA?

Lol.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,460
    Late 2021 was always in risk of getting delay. All major releases are either around May or around September so far. Let´s say release is second half of November/early December, then after release a lot time would be blocked by Christmas period. That crucial time when you need to pop up patches, updates very quickly to cover any possible early issues. And Christmas would certainly make that way way harder.

So in my eyes late November and anything after that is no go. So actually we have like two months from now for all marketing and release so I really think we are already borderline for delay into 2022.

Yeah, just my thoughts.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,117

Lol.

What? Independent youtubers can at least leak something that they know of(like Mandalore did), while ones that are dependant of CA wouldn't risk getting blacklisted.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    Unless it comes from CA themselves I'd bypass the youtube drama queens and fear mongers.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    Could be delayed, could be not.. Honestly I´m fine either way.
  • BoriaBoria Registered Users Posts: 405
    edited September 2021
    I would appreciate a delay, if they make Kislev better, right now it looks like an unbalanced mess.

I really dislike the Ice Sleds and the buff build of their Humans. The Ice Witches should be casters they seem to be very powerful in melee too. they are also missing a dedicated melee hero.

I think the cannon should be pulled by with horses and the Light War Sleds pulled by sleds/wheels with horses too, leave the Heavy War Sled with bears to differentiate their roles more. I am also worried about all their units being hybrids ranged, I see no weakness. they either have to be expensive or at least carry a third of the ammo of a dedicated ranged unit.

It seems like fighting an army of Lothern Guards which is not fun at all.

Khorne Roster seems in jeopardy too.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,215

Pede said:

If I notice a youtuber releases clickbait content and is wrong all the time, I just unsubscribe because I have no interest in following someone that is always wrong. It would be a waste of time. So they do lose something if they always claim something that happen to be not true. Viewers and credibility is money for them.
    lol. Sounds like this was your first visit of youtube.com. You descripe exactly how the most successful channels work. Clickbait and baseless speculations. And I'm not talking about total war channels in particular, but they are not always exempt.
    Sigmar protect us all...

• GronasGronas Banned Registered Users Posts: 32
    Yes. I am sure it will be delayed or not.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,971
    I think the current Marketing approach will make even less sense if it’s not delayed, but then I don’t have a doctorate in Marketing like CA does.
    SerPus said:

Lol.

What? Independent youtubers can at least leak something that they know of(like Mandalore did), while ones that are dependant of CA wouldn't risk getting blacklisted.
    Okay.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

Lucifer said:

Unless it comes from CA themselves I'd bypass the youtube drama queens and fear mongers.

Pretty much. It's just them making content because YT favours those who continue to make content over those making quality content periodically.

#JusticeForCathay

Forum Terms & Conditions

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,565
    I am sure is not delayed

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    What is there to discuss?
    We won't know until CA tells us.
    No hard evidence has been provided to suggest it may be the case.
    All we have to go on is CA's word. That word being 2021.

Nothing outside of official sources or in a pinch a very reliable leak, matters.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,272
    Loremaster of sotek was the first to mention the delay, just saying.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,342

It's probably exactly on time then.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,215

I remember is statement and it was quite strange. A few weeks early he said he is sure that it will be released this year as he has spoken to developers and they are on schedule. Then all of a sudden he said if we do not know the release by august he thinks it will be delayed and is doing a video about it (not done yet).

So first he was like: I talked to the developers and they are in time.
    And then: Yeah if we do not know the release date until august ist must be delayed (even if the development is in time).
    Sigmar protect us all...

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,347
    It matters not in the slightest if it´s delayed or not, what matters is the shape it´s in when it does release.

Honestly if a hefty delay equals a somewhat polished release i´m all for it.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars