Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Do people still play this online?

dj46563dj46563 Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
Do people still play this online? March 19, 2012
Post edited by dj46563 on

Comments

• MikuferMikufer Senior Member Posts: 568Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Yes people do, but you usually have to play with old friends.
  • LAJakLAJak Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    very active. you can play matches on steam all day
  • MuhtarMuhtar Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I just bought this game. But I can't find much servers!!! how come? Looking at the Steam stats, this game is still being played even more than Napoleon.. But where are the servers???
  • ingroingro Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    you should check in the multiplayer battle tab, there are always some games going on, not too many but it's easy to find people there. and the game is one of the most played on steam, because of the singleplayer :rolleyes:
  • The KestrelThe Kestrel Senior Member Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    I still play maybe 2 or 3 games every two weeks. Is it me, or is everybody using mortars way more than they're worth?
  • ChaberryChaberry Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    no, its not you. -.- Its rather annoying especially when they are complete fails with their infantry. Makes for easy wins and lots of dead artillery-men.
  • The KestrelThe Kestrel Senior Member Posts: 850Registered Users
    edited May 2012
    Yep, I've lost 1 out of my last 20 or so games, and I consider myself to be only a slightly better than aveage player. All I need to do to win is rush my horse artillery 2/3 down field, and open fire with short-range shrapnel while using the canister to cover my rifles as they skirmish. When the enemy is beaten ragged, I charge with the line and sweep 'em up.

The only guy to beat me used an army entirely composed of a combination of rifles and those Dutch heavy infantry. This shut down my ability to fight at the musketry range or in melee. I should have utilized his lack of artillery, but I was so used to rushing to short range to counter the mortars that I failed to do so.