Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Coatl animation. I wouldn't really call it fixed.

XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 3,865

it still seems to have the same problem of hovering in midair while turning 360 degrees with out even flapping its wings. I think this is the best we're going to get though unfortunately. I think this unit could have been done a lot of justice by giving it a slithering animation.
Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.

Comments

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,240
    How will the Coatl even work with the presumed "landing" button making landfall (heh) in WH3? Every other unit having a bespoke land animation, but this thing still in midair. I think the Coatl will be the most janky unit in the franchises history.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,924

How will the Coatl even work with the presumed "landing" button making landfall (heh) in WH3? Every other unit having a bespoke land animation, but this thing still in midair. I think the Coatl will be the most janky unit in the franchises history.

Yeah that thing is never getting fixed
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,167
    Fixed ≠ changed.

I don't know what you expected, I tested it myself and now it's more responsive and doesn't get stuck like before, without changib the entire animation this is as far as they will go.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,167

The Coatl has 2 altitudes, when flying it flies higher than when "landed", so it will simply transition between altitudes, I really don't see the problem, it even has it's own animations when descending and ascending.

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 948

I don't think every flying unit will have a land button if it gets implemented in game 3. Fell bats and gyrocopters for example I would assume they don't need to be able to land.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,327
    It's only a bandaid but I suppose it's decent enough, at least it looks smoother now and don't get stuck all the time.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,359
    I don't see why they couldn't have made a "coiling" animation for it when it lands.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    oof
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• GallowmereWarlockGallowmereWarlock Registered Users Posts: 306
    Those animations is SO awful it almost makes me feel sad. I don't understand how animators that made some of the most awesome sync combat animations ended doing this.
    <3
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
    Looks good to me.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,305
    THAT is their fix?

Christ just give it ground animations, let it coil and slither around the ground like a snake
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,297
    If they didn't say it was fixed I wouldn't even think anything changed. It still floats and spins and it still mostly attacks the ground when it's fighting in air. Literally the only change is that its ground animation actually trigger now and it doesn't get as stuck.
    This is a resounding disappointment.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,102

THAT is their fix?

Christ just give it ground animations, let it coil and slither around the ground like a snake

That would look utterly stupid as well
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,808

The Coatl does "land" as far as the game is concerned. Simply, while "landed" it still stays a few feet from the ground and keeps using its flying animations.

It's just a matter of visuals, the Coatl still works like every single other flying unit in the game in terms of game code, having a flying and a landing state. The fact the "landing" state doesn't look like it actually landed to us is irrelevant for the game logic.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,396
    the concept of Coatl itself is flawed from the beginning IMO. The wings are really in the way if Coatl is to be as slithering as snakes
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 786

If they didn't say it was fixed I wouldn't even think anything changed. It still floats and spins and it still mostly attacks the ground when it's fighting in air. Literally the only change is that its ground animation actually trigger now and it doesn't get as stuck.
    This is a resounding disappointment.

CA never said it was fixed, just that they made some improvements.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,148
    I would much prefer it lands and slithers like a snake when melee attacking ground units than do the belly flops…
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    Meh, it’s ok now.
    It’s got to turn to face enemies or it would be much sillier attacking nothing.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,386
    Coatl is a garbage bird. Like a Buzzard.

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 629

How will the Coatl even work with the presumed "landing" button making landfall (heh) in WH3?

Like a snake?

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,498
    1) Why do it's wings go stiff out to the side and it sort of freeze for a second?

2) Why are the wings only about half as long as they should be?
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,631
    Worst looking unit in the game by FAR, I’m very sad that it was such a blank slate where CA could have flexed some creative muscle.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,584
    Lmao some of it's animations are atrocious. The black dragon was stationary in the air and it just completely missed the attack. It wasn't even near.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,899
    The gift that keeps on giving. Both animations and model leave much to be desired.

I truly and deeply hope that the Cathayan Dragon won't be just a remodel of the Coatl.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,018

The gift that keeps on giving. Both animations and model leave much to be desired.

I truly and deeply hope that the Cathayan Dragon won't be just a remodel of the Coatl.

I don't think cathay dragon can fly

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,396
    Bies said:

Oh boi...
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 3,865
    Bies said:

they should be able to, thats one of the most famous features of eastern dragons.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • Cryptic_FreezeCryptic_Freeze Registered Users Posts: 426
    1) Serpent Head

2) Slither Animation

Then it's fixed, forever.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,899
    Bies said:

They must fly!
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 811
    But the Jabberslythe looks nice though.

It shows that we should have requested this snake 5 years ago instead of the 3 months ago, when we found out it even existed.