Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Interesting summary by Cody Bonds

Comments

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,372
    Point form summary for those on a phone?
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,046

Point form summary for those on a phone?

Man debates himself in puppet form over whether or not this is a good thing or a bad thing with some relevant points both ways. I hadn't heard about the GW rumors before.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    edited September 13
    If CA couldn't steal Old Worlds thunder I'm going to say I hope GW has prepared their own model previews tomorrow for Grand Cathay.

Also Dogbert doesn't work at CA anymore?

Also, also I quite enjoyed that video.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,341
    Lot of it is based on a vague rumour and it's also all about framing.

I don't see GW delivering the Old World before the end of next year, anyway.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,824
    What is it about a GW rumor ? I've no intentions of watching that video, but i'm interested by that bit nonetheless !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,046
    Maelas said:

What is it about a GW rumor ? I've no intentions of watching that video, but i'm interested by that bit nonetheless !

Just that GW has a hand in pushing back the release to line up with something. Maybe Old World.

I don't think it's true. It was still a surprisingly well rounded video on the delay
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,448
    That Grouchy fella is good people...

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
    Maelas said:

GW pushing back TWW3s release so that CA don’t steal the thunder of the Old World’s release.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,824
    Oh thanks for the precision !

Yeah, I find that unlikely, I doubt GW would release Old World in less than 6 monthes !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,146
    RikRiorik said:

Maelas said:

GW pushing back TWW3s release so that CA don’t steal the thunder of the Old World’s release.
    Yeah no that's not happening. GW said in July thag old world is quite a while away forn release so it's not early 2022. It's more likely 2023
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
    Maelas said:

actually is a fun intelligent video, I hope he does not lose his official CC status after this.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

edited September 13

RikRiorik said:

Maelas said:

Yeah no that's not happening. GW said in July thag old world is quite a while away forn release so it's not early 2022. It's more likely 2023
    I have no clue. Just regurgitating the words of the sock puppet for the benefit of Maelas.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,448
    RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

Maelas said:

I have no clue. Just regurgitating the words of the sock puppet for the benefit of Maelas.
    Dont you call Mister Grouchy a sock puppet, he's a valued member of this community and i wont have you besmirch his honor with name-calling!

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • Cryptic_FreezeCryptic_Freeze Registered Users Posts: 430
    The parallel release of a $60 video game and a new war game doesn't make any sense. You want your average customer to be able to afford your products so they don't avoid them...a Q4 2021 release for CA would have been the most profitable time to release a video game/ / Warhammer product, and then the same fans would be able to justify buying more Warhammer products in Q1-Q2...

Some of his sentiment on upper management is fair, but I think it's more so that CA hasn't been fully working on Warhammer 3 for all that long. The lack of content and smooth animations convey that well. The Kislev/Khorne content we saw felt very near complete, or like a WIP.
    Reeks said:

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

Maelas said:

Dont you call Mister Grouchy a sock puppet, he's a valued member of this community and i wont have you besmirch his honor with name-calling!
    He’ll take it and he’ll like it.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,065
    Oh look a video I'm not watching.

The Old World isn't for years and GW's pretty delayed itself. They need to sort out their production.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509

The parallel release of a $60 video game and a new war game doesn't make any sense. You want your average customer to be able to afford your products so they don't avoid them...a Q4 2021 release for CA would have been the most profitable time to release a video game/ / Warhammer product, and then the same fans would be able to justify buying more Warhammer products in Q1-Q2...

Some of his sentiment on upper management is fair, but I think it's more so that CA hasn't been fully working on Warhammer 3 for all that long. The lack of content and smooth animations convey that well. The Kislev/Khorne content we saw felt very near complete, or like a WIP.

it says on all the kislev and khorne videos “work in progress”
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• Cryptic_FreezeCryptic_Freeze Registered Users Posts: 430

it says on all the kislev and khorne videos “work in progress”
    Well there you go, huh. I'm sure you can see what I'm saying though...Warhammer 3 hasn't been worked on, at least in a full capacity, for 4 years.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Cody Bonds made a genuinely entertaining video about himself debating with a puppet over something I already thought was going to happen and have no strong feelings over. That takes talent
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,216
    The best part of this take is how it really emphasizes the fact that regular CA employees are not responsible for the delay and shouldn't face hate or heat for it.

No matter how you feel about it, it's not worth grilling those employees that take the spotlight for whatever reason. Management and marketing aren't the people who interact with the forums. Employees who show up either here or on Reddit really don't need your anger.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,715
    I don't believe the GW story, I was under the impression TOW wasn't going to be revealed properly for years from now.

More likely TWW3 got delayed because it's team got reduced to a skeleton crew at various times to help with other projects, with a dash of pandemic added. It's the most reasonable explanation.

For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 214
    It could be GW doesn't want TW3 out until something they intend to preview for Old World gets done by them first. It doesn't have to mean they want the whole new game out first. Just some concept models or art or something.
  • VernichterVernichter Registered Users Posts: 103
    Arsenic said:

I don't believe the GW story, I was under the impression TOW wasn't going to be revealed properly for years from now.

More likely TWW3 got delayed because it's team got reduced to a skeleton crew at various times to help with other projects, with a dash of pandemic added. It's the most reasonable explanation.

I don't really believe GW's story either. Otherwise you would have to stall the preview from Cathay and the delay would not have occurred in the first place. GW knew roughly when they wanted to publish their stuff and they will only deal with the Warhammer 3 material to a limited extent. First they have to deal with the normal locations: empire, high elves ...
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,877
    im losing faith in CA at the rapid rate, im expecting the Cathay video tomorrow to be disappointing
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,393
    GW is still releasing AoS content so it'll be awhile before old world is taking over.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,312
    Off topic side conversation comments removed. Discuss the thread topic folks and leave the Creative Assembly staffing comments in the Off Topic area.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,065

im losing faith in CA at the rapid rate, im expecting the Cathay video tomorrow to be disappointing

Let the lesson be to never lose faith.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,781

Let the lesson be to never lose faith.
    Why, nothing was restored today.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.