Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

HOUSE RULES - No Recruitment Challenge (&Volkmar Cosplay)

MerciiMercii Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 946

"No Recruitment" Challenge ( NRC )
NO RECRUITING units, heroes or lords via Local or Global Recruitment, No hiring Ogre Mercs, No Raising Dead, No Hiring Elector Troops etc, No Summon Beasts etc, No Blessed Spawn Units, No Wulfharts Imperial reinforcements

You MAY gain units/heroes/lords via:
Confederation
Dilemmas
Quest Rewards
Rites etc
(Rite of the Warmaster, Rite of Primeval Glory, Confederated Armies, Undercity Vermintide Armies etc are all OK.)
You May REPLACE an existing Lord via the CHARACTER SCREEN only(not recruit a new lord onto the campaign map)

TL;DR **Not allowed to recruit ANYTHING via buttons at the bottom of the Army Interface or the Settlement Interface**

What are YOUR Favourite HOUSE RULES/Restrictions for your Warhammer 2 Campaigns?
MercytheMad on Youtube

Comments

• Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,255
    Lol i gotta see that campaign, sounds like a extremely grueling experience..

House rules? Uhm i like to use thematic armies, oh and even though i like the occasional cheese injection i don´t waste the AI´s ammo, i do corner camp tho xD

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 946
    @Reeks I played a couple of "No Cheese/Exploits" campaigns a while back, was pretty fun.

The Empire NRC campaign was really fun, unless you have a spare 40 hours to watch the VOD you might have to take my word for it though!

It didn't feel grindy to me, it just felt...exciting, like every decision mattered.

It was also sort of a Roleplay thing, like Volkmar didn't have an army so he had to rely on the Elector Counts to donate their armies before he could lead them to war (Confederations).

Also used a lot more unshielded spearmen than I usually do!
    MercytheMad on Youtube
    Yeah, if you are careful you can probably get more troops than you actually need...but maybe not the types you want necessarily. You have to kind of make do.

Also no merging and recruiting. No disposable RoR defense armies. Every unit is sort of valuable and irreplaceable.

Also that first 1-2 turns FEELING of having a tiny army and every unit is important....that feeling lasts for 10-15 turns until your first confederation!
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Mercii said:

Yeah, if you are careful you can probably get more troops than you actually need...but maybe not the types you want necessarily. You have to kind of make do.

Also no merging and recruiting. No disposable RoR defense armies. Every unit is sort of valuable and irreplaceable.

Also that first 1-2 turns FEELING of having a tiny army and every unit is important....that feeling lasts for 10-15 turns until your first confederation!

Nah, in this challenge you build forts by default. So RoR defense armies aren't that important.

Now go and play a race where you can't freely confederate like with the Empire.

THEN you'll see just how tough it can get.

Or you can play Vampire Coast or Tomb Kings.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    I play these challenges for fun and increased immersion, not necessarily for added difficulty. I recommend NRC to people not because it's super hard but because its very different and super FUN!

If you want a super hard version of NRC try Dwarfs, Tombkings, Nakai...At least one person in the Community, (Василий) Wanderer has already beaten all three of these on NRC rules!

The man is a mascochist I think! But also very skilled!

Seriously though, the point is not to be super hard and painful, the intention is to play NRC rules using a faction with special confederation advantages, and the main idea is to increase immersion and change up the campaign, rather than to just be difficult. (but to each their own, play YOUR game YOUR way I say)
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,022
    edited September 2021
    lol I was thinking of doing Cosplay role play campaigns for a WH3 youtube channel. There truly are no original ideas under the sun.

Nice cosplay btw.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.
    There's a german guy called the fighting Historian, he has a full Greatsword get up with Plate harness and floppy hat and all.

Blew me away when I saw one of his streams , it was awesome.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,980
    Nice, I'll have to try the NRC. These are some of the house rules I have implemented for different campaigns (heavily modded game though):
    1. Sisterhood Playing Amazons (mod), only trade and build alliances with female faction leaders. Ultimate goal is to build an alliance with all female factions and revive them all if they are defeated. theme - Sister Unite for world peace/domination.

2. War of the Beard Playing Dwarfs, similar to Amazons, only trade and build alliances with dwarf factions. Must automatically declare war on all elves when encountered. Ultimate goal is destruction of elves and ownership of all gold, obsidian and gem mines. Theme - Recreate the War of the Beard, Greed and Isolationism.

3. Marco......Polo Playing TEB (mod), New heroes must do one circumnavigation of the world before use. Generals must explore all abandoned cities, land (mod) and sea encounter locations. Trade with everyone regardless of race when possible. Charge gold for every agreement. Send one army to North Lustria, South Lustria, Norsca and Araby and setup a trading and exploration footprint by controlling one province. Theme - Making money, exploration and everyone is there to be exploited.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    @Crajoh those house rules sounds awesome. I might have to try the War of the Beard rules myself!

The Parco Polo one sounds a little too restrictive though, especially the circumnavigation for each lord? Does that actually make it more fun ? I don't really like restrictions that just make the game harder without making it more interesting/fun
    I like the concept though.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,980
    edited September 2021
    Mercii said:

@Crajoh those house rules sounds awesome. I might have to try the War of the Beard rules myself!

The Parco Polo one sounds a little too restrictive though, especially the circumnavigation for each lord? Does that actually make it more fun ? I don't really like restrictions that just make the game harder without making it more interesting/fun
    I like the concept though.

For me it's still enjoyable because basically I roleplay them traveling and investigating all the ruins on the way. It's a bit like gap year for heroes. :smile: I get though why other might not like it.

Oh yea and Sister's is ridiculously hard because of the faction dislikes. I spend a lot on gifts.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • BloatedCorpse1234#9240BloatedCorpse1234#9240 Registered Users Posts: 240
    I have not done much thematic campaigns, but I’m currently playing something that could be called ”superior races”.

It’s a Skaven this is total war campaign, but I try to be friends with every Skaven and Beastmen. Everyone else is kill-kill, food-food.

Satisfying to see the Old World covered in ruins occupied by cows/rats
    @Crajoh I can dig the RPs, definitely.

I have come to realise lately, the most overpowered race is the one you LOVE.

The number one killer of campaigns is not poor strategic decisions, weak units or whatever, it's lack of engagement.

Picking a faction you love and some head-canon that inspires you is what really makes campaigns great.

@BloatedCorpse1234 "Superior Races" ! I love it!

I'm usually on the other side of it though, playing Xenophobic elves and plotting the extermination of all the other lesser cultures!
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,078
    Mercii said:

"No Recruitment" Challenge ( NRC )
    NO RECRUITING units, heroes or lords via Local or Global Recruitment, No hiring Ogre Mercs, No Raising Dead, No Hiring Elector Troops etc, No Summon Beasts etc, No Blessed Spawn Units, No Wulfharts Imperial reinforcements

You MAY gain units/heroes/lords via:
    Confederation
    Dilemmas
    Quest Rewards
    Rites etc
    (Rite of the Warmaster, Rite of Primeval Glory, Confederated Armies, Undercity Vermintide Armies etc are all OK.)
    You May REPLACE an existing Lord via the CHARACTER SCREEN only(not recruit a new lord onto the campaign map)

TL;DR **Not allowed to recruit ANYTHING via buttons at the bottom of the Army Interface or the Settlement Interface**

What are YOUR Favourite HOUSE RULES/Restrictions for your Warhammer 2 Campaigns?

Sorry I wouldn't be able to see the video for a while, what difficulty are you playing? Thanks
    @oliverpmason Playing on the hardest difficulty Legendary/VH with Legendary Chaos invasion.

But honestly it was THAT much harder than beating Chaos on a normal Legendary Campaign.

The point wasn't really to make it super hard, it was more about the way it changes the way you play. Just keeping things fresh :)
    MercytheMad on Youtube
    I'll have a look but it seems super hard to me. Lord knows how you get a confederation so quickly. Maybe I could try on h/n.
    @oliverpmason I give a bit of a run-down in the video, but basically use your influence and money to bribe Gelt and Probably Talabecland or whoever else has the highest Fealty to get over 100 relations, that will give you +2 "High Relations Buff to fealty.

Then you might be just about there, or just need one more Dilemma to get the confed.

I think turn 15 is not extraordinarily early. Pretty sure I usually get Gelt around 20-25 in an average game.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
    Mercii said:

@oliverpmason I give a bit of a run-down in the video, but basically use your influence and money to bribe Gelt and Probably Talabecland or whoever else has the highest Fealty to get over 100 relations, that will give you +2 "High Relations Buff to fealty.

Then you might be just about there, or just need one more Dilemma to get the confed.

I think turn 15 is not extraordinarily early. Pretty sure I usually get Gelt around 20-25 in an average game.

Well you get it a lot earlier than I do but I usually save influence so no one goes to war. But if that works it does mean I can play differently.

Mercii said:

Well you get it a lot earlier than I do but I usually save influence so no one goes to war. But if that works it does mean I can play differently.
    Yeah, well that's the whole idea I guess, I just wanted to suggest a (pretty fun IMO) and different style of campaign to keep things fresh for people during the content drought.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,255
    Currently watching part 5 of the series and can conclude one thing

I´m not the only one with 5000+ in game hours to find the allure of force march to much to resist :D<3

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars