Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next TROY expansions

Ulfhedinn_#8707Ulfhedinn_#8707 Registered Users Posts: 254
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
MY DREAM FOR THE NEXT TROY EXPANSIONS:

1- A really ideal mythological expansion, would add these units as common or by the worship of gods:
- Chimera
- Sphinx
- Satyrs (various versions like centaurs)
- Stymphalian Birds (replaces Sirens as common units)
- Calydonian Boar or Erymanthian Boar

And the 4th legendary creature could be the Scylla or Kharybdis (in an expansion with naval battles).
Scylla or Kharybdis unique unit roster:
- Sirens
- Hippocampus
- Skolopendra
- Ketos

2- Greek side: Nestor & Idomeneus.

3- Trojan side: Rhesus (Thracian) & Proteus (Egyptian)

PS¹: Proteus would have its own pantheon with its own mythological creatures.
PS²: Proteus can be replaced by Memnon and may not have the Egyptian expansion.

If you want to see something like this, please support it.
Post edited by Ulfhedinn_#8707 on

Comments

• Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    Rhesus and Iodemenous with their own unit roster is a must.
  • Ulfhedinn_#8707Ulfhedinn_#8707 Registered Users Posts: 254
    edited August 2021
    A lot can be explored, many factions, mythological beings, campaigns, etc...
    But being realistic and downplaying in a must-have content, I think my propposal would please Greeks and Trojans.
    I would be extremely happy with the realization of this content! Could I ask for more? Of course...
    But at the very least, in a way that would complete the game's atmosphere, that would be it!
  • ChicoperarioChicoperario Registered Users Posts: 263
    Plenty of ideas, from the last thread on this subject:

Here's some ideas for monster expeditions:

The Colchian Dragon - the creature that guarded the golden fleece, it's teeths are the origin of the Spartoi. As minor units, we could have different variations of Spartoi, and maybe a "lesser dragon".

Chimera

Sphinx

Talos (the bronze giant of Crete). It's recruitable units could be Bronze Automatons / the Brazen men

As for minor monster and recruitable creatures:
    Stymphalian birds
    manticores
    different variations of Satyrs
    Nemean Lion(s)
    Python
    Pegasus (epic mount for heroes?)
    Gorgons
    types of "demons" (empusae, erinyes, Lamia)

And several sea creatures, if we ever get naval combat, either as an expedition beast or minor recruitable creatures:
    Ladon
    Scylla
    tritons
    Typhon

This site has a bestiary with A LOT of insteresting sugestions, some of which I had never heard before:
    https://www.theoi.com/greek-mythology/bestiary.html

Catoblepas, Leucrocotae (both monsters from Aethiopia), Libyan Satirs (that are part-monkey instead of part-goat), etc.

Plenty of material for expansion packs and DLC's!
  • RafSwi7#7492RafSwi7#7492 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,739
    edited September 2021
    Hmm,

If I had to choose 4 potential heroes DLCs I would go with:
    • Rhesus and Memnon DLC.
    • Idomeneus and Nestor DLC.
    • Greek tribes DLC: Dorians, Athens and Thebes (of only two - Dorians and Athens).
    • Legacy of Heracles DLC: Philoctetes, Tlepolemus and Telephus (if only two - Philoctetes and Telephus).
    For potential new Mythic Beast I would go with:
    • Medusa
    • Talos/Automaton/Colossus
    • Chimera
    If we had the map expansion I would rather go east (central Anatolia). My second choice would be to go south (Egypt and Cyraneica).
    Post edited by RafSwi7#7492 on

Completed EMPIRE, ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    EMPIRE
    France, Poland-Lithuania, Spain.
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    W3 - RoC: Kairos Fateweaver, Tzarina Katarin, Zhao Ming.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Memnon, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Rhesus, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Carthage, Egypt, Greek Cities, Macedon, Scipii, Scythia.
    BI: Eastern Roman Empire, Romano-British, Sarmatians, Slavs.
    May the gods hear us!
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 450
    Rhesus & Memnon seems to be the most likely next candidate for a DLC and would be an easy win with players

Nestor seems like an obvious candidate for a DLC (although the Peloponnese is already quite crowded with factions) .

I'd prefer Idomeneus- it would be nice to have a Cretan faction

I'd love to see the Hittites in the game or a Sea Peoples expansion of some kind (SPs might operate in a similar way to the Vampire Coast?)

I can't see Egypt itself making an appearance in the game

AS long as they keep working on this game I'd be happy
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 86
    I still want Troilus if only to have another competitor for Priam's heir.

Yeah, I am little sad that we had no FLC heroes (like WH or 3K). If we had them, we would have three more heroes already. Troilus would be a good candidate for a FLC faction.

Completed EMPIRE, ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Memnon, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Rhesus, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
  • StriderfootyyStriderfootyy Registered Users Posts: 5
    The two new heroes will be Trojan and they'll use one of the unique models already in the game like Troilos or Hellenos. I doubt they'll add any more Achean heroes. And adding Egypt will mean a large expansion which they've already done with mythos

The two new heroes will be Trojan and they'll use one of the unique models already in the game like Troilos or Hellenos. I doubt they'll add any more Achean heroes. And adding Egypt will mean a large expansion which they've already done with mythos

Hmm, if we will have new heroes I am sure they will create new models for them (even if these heroes have unique generic models at the moment).

EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    RafSwi7 said:

Hmm, if we will have new heroes I am sure they will create new models for them (even if these heroes have unique generic models at the moment).

Sure.
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    RafSwi7 said:

Yeah, I am little sad that we had no FLC heroes (like WH or 3K). If we had them, we would have three more heroes already. Troilus would be a good candidate for a FLC faction.
    Adding more heroes means adding new roster by making more unique units to accompany those heroes as new factions.
  • Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    If they did make a FLC hero and they didn't come with anything but mechanics people will complain just like they did with Shi Xie for 3K.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
    RafSwi7's map:

Just to remind and reinforce this excellent proposal.

For me, Rhesus will also bring a very important and needed reskin to the Thracians.

• TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
    edited September 2021
    I wouldn't get hopes up, if CA was not happy with Three Kingdoms DLC sales and that game had a larger player base, I don't think Troy is doing any better. They just had to try and cross-sell to warhammer fans with the steam release. My bet is that there wont be any more Troy DLC.

Personally I would like the idea of Rhesus and Memnon and making factions have more distinct units. (Although my preference is for historical units, I don't play Mythos but thats just my preference).

Part of my issue with Troy is that armies all felt copy pasted and that's not only due to similar units, visually every factions units look the same. At least in 3k you have very nice color schemes between armies. In Troy the campaign felt like a slog after a while and not enjoyable, due to terrible sieges and having to defeat over and over again the same copy pasted garrisons that are surprisingly strong. The diplomacy options where so much more narrow than in 3k too. I think CA need to apply a similar diplomacy system from 3k to all total war games going forward.
    edited September 2021

RafSwi7's map:

For me, Rhesus will also bring a very important and needed reskin to the Thracians.

That map has a pretty good proposal for new factions. I agree with all the recommended factions on that list that are not already in game.
    edited September 2021

I wouldn't get hopes up, if CA was not happy with Three Kingdoms DLC sales and that game had a larger player base, I don't think Troy is doing any better. They just had to try and cross-sell to warhammer fans with the steam release. My bet is that there wont be any more Troy DLC.

Hmm, there are indications that we might have new DLC in near future (new models in files, new DLC entry on SteamDB). Obviously everything can happen (like with 3K), but it seems that they are working at new DLC at the moment.

Personally I would like the idea of Rhesus and Memnon and making factions have more distinct units. (Although my preference is for historical units, I don't play Mythos but thats just my preference).

These new models in files hint that Rhesus and Memnon might be our next DLC heroes.

RafSwi7's map:

That map has a pretty good proposal for new factions. I agree with all the recommended factions on that list that are not already in game.
    Thanks, personally now I am more inclined to favour Philoctetes for possible Aeolian faction:
    • Far more important Trojan War hero than Thersander or Prothenor (current Theban leader).
    • Starts north-east of Achilles. We don't have many factions there and he would make Achaeans stronger in that region.
    • New archer hero.
    In general for me these are the most wanted heroes for Troy:

Tier 1 - "Must have heroes" - Memnon (Aethiopian - Aethiopians), Rhesus (Thracian - Thrakes), Nestor (Achaean - Pylos) and Idomeneus (Achaean - Knossos).

Tier 2 - "Important but not essential" - Troilus (Pelasgian - Ilion Imbrasos), Telephus (Thracian - Mysia), Menestheus (Ionian - Athens), Hyllus (Dorian - Dorians).

Tier 3 - "Nice additions to the roster but can be omitted" - Helenos (Pelasgian - Aethria), Thersander (Aeolian - Thebes), Philoctetes (Aeolian - Meliboea), Tlepolemus (Achaean - Rhodos).
    Post edited by RafSwi7#7492 on

EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

Part of my issue with Troy is that armies all felt copy pasted and that's not only due to similar units, visually every factions units look the same. At least in 3k you have very nice color schemes between armies. In Troy the campaign felt like a slog after a while and not enjoyable, due to terrible sieges and having to defeat over and over again the same copy pasted garrisons that are surprisingly strong. The diplomacy options where so much more narrow than in 3k too. I think CA need to apply a similar diplomacy system from 3k to all total war games going forward.

Troy was CA's best selling title in 2020, better than 3k and WH2, that's not including the people who got it for free.

You think it would have gotten the mythos update if it wasn't?
  • Commisar#2307Commisar#2307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,146
    edited September 2021

Troy was CA's best selling title in 2020, better than 3k and WH2, that's not including the people who got it for free.

As it was the game that was released in 2020 that's not hard to do.

One years worth of content support is the norm and trying to boost the games sales when they release it on another platform seems a worthwhile investment.

Not that I'm saying they wont do more content for it.
  • toskyrun#2614toskyrun#2614 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 663
    after the dirty thing done with the 3kingdoms murder, I would wait until the last announcement.
    anyway, it looks like they will add two more Trojan heroes, which is fair, because the Achaeans have 6 heroes and the Trojans 4.

I hope they bring a lot of exotic units, new cosplay units that I personally liked a lot. I hope that memnon also brings some mechanics related to the Egyptian gods.

I feel that even mythos is incomplete at present there are still a lot of monsters and units missing.
    who knows maybe they will add something for mythos, or someday they will do mythos 2
    Commisar said:

As it was the game that was released in 2020 that's not hard to do.
    Troy was the best content seller overall for CA in 2020. And that with the game itself and its first major DLC being free for a while.

It's time to accept that Troy is a success.

Troy was the best content seller overall for CA in 2020. And that with the game itself and its first major DLC being free for a while.

And again that's thanks to just coming out. Older a product is generally less sales it generates with new content.

So was 3K. Means nothing after that point and becomes all about the individual elements sales after that.
    Commisar said:

And again that's thanks to just coming out. Older a product is generally less sales it generates with new content.

So was 3K. Means nothing after that point and becomes all about the individual elements sales after that.
    Quite right
    edited September 2021
    Commisar said:

You know that I'm replying to someone who says that Troy was a complete bomb, right? And acting as if any TW is a bestseller in the year it comes out...Thrones of Britannia, 'nuff said.

You know that I'm replying to someone who says that Troy was a complete bomb, right? And acting as if any TW is a bestseller in the year it comes out...Thrones of Britannia, 'nuff said.

Not with that quote. And no I'm not, we know 3K was a best seller as CA did say it was, but it didn't keep it going post release. If sales don't continue and DLC doesn't sell well they will still cut support. With 3K CA doesn't really say how well it's doing after release. ToB is generally the outlier as most of their titles tend to sell well for the market.
    Commisar said:

Not with that quote. And no I'm not, we know 3K was a best seller as CA did say it was, but it didn't keep it going post release. If sales don't continue and DLC doesn't sell well they will still cut support. With 3K CA doesn't really say how well it's doing after release. ToB is generally the outlier as most of their titles tend to sell well for the market.
    Yes, it seems that after 2019 3K had much weaker DLCs sales.

It remains to be seen how Troy DLCs will fare. We don't have a fulll picture as we have no stats from Epic.

EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 86
    jamreal18 said:

RafSwi7 said:

Adding more heroes means adding new roster by making more unique units to accompany those heroes as new factions.
    I guess, but they actually wouldn't need to make that many new units depending on who they picked for the FLC. For example take Nestor or Troilus. Nestor could use the same Greek base units as Agamemnon or Diomedes then just have a few unique units added. Troilus would then use the same base roster of Paris and Hector. I think the unique units are the easy part. Picking a mechanic for them is to me more difficult.

jamreal18 said:

RafSwi7 said:

I guess, but they actually wouldn't need to make that many new units depending on who they picked for the FLC. For example take Nestor or Troilus. Nestor could use the same Greek base units as Agamemnon or Diomedes then just have a few unique units added. Troilus would then use the same base roster of Paris and Hector. I think the unique units are the easy part. Picking a mechanic for them is to me more difficult.
    Given our current record, I doubt we will see any FLC heroes. It seems that FLCs are more about expanding the Divine Will system.

EMPIRE
    ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2 & 3
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • ESKEHLESKEHL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 518
    I think that one thing I would like is a more fleshed out historic (and TBTM) mode.

This could take the form of a FLC that concerns all three modes, that concerns turns per year, basic administration and family politics. Perhaps also more fleshed out diplomacy carrying over more features in this regard from Three Kingdoms.

Then a DLC that is called historic mode that changes historic mode (and perhaps TBTM) to adress those who want more historical inspired features that digs more deeper into features in this regard from Three Kingdoms.

Mythos could perhaps stay a more lighter version in this regard, and focus more on the mythological side of things.