Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

There won't be another Dragon LL in Cathay

MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
Ok so hear me out, crackpot theory time.

Cathay theme is Yin and Yang, opposite duality. Their starting LL reflect if perfectly. One is a white-haired woman that turns into a black dragon with an emphasis on air powers (storms) and the other is a black-haired man that turns into a white dragon with an emphasis on earth powers (iron).

It follows that the Dragon Emperor cannot have a third children, since it would totally throw away this core design of the race. Hence, every other Cathayan LL will be something new !

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,454
    Quit possible, may be a good thing too as 4 dragons may be a little much.

But there could be different "aspects" explored in the DLC which could each have a Dragon presiding over them.

But then I think it is almost certain we will get the Monkey King, so maybe all of the other LLs will be something else, hard to tell until we know a bit more lore, so maybe we will have a better idea next week as I think CA said they were talking about lore next week, they may flat out state that "there are 4 children of the Dragon Emperor" or something like that after all.
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 428
    "Children? That’s right, Miao Ying has siblings, including a certain Iron Dragon."

Taken straight from GW's community post about Cathay, the fact they say "siblings" instead of sibling implies that there's more dragon children running about.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,607
    I expect 5 of them, potentially. One for each element.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,970
    I hope Monkey king is a bastard son of the Dragon emperor. That would make for an interesting power dynamic.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 2,073
    They may base their Lords on lose interpretation of the chinese version of elements
    Water Wood Metal Fire Earth
    With Air maybe being the replacement of wood to make it more relatable to common folks
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 2,073
    Also their Dragon form might be vastlt different and not all flying snakes
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 313
    Crossil said:

Not sure how I would feel about so many dragon LLs.Hope some of them are introduced as LH and we get couple of LL that aren't related to the Dragon Emperor.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 412
    Well to be honest I have no problem with that as I want the Monkey King as a DLC and that senator lady that was shown before as FLC LL (although She could have a nice parring DLC with some Slanesh LL about inside works, spies and etc).
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,587
    Now I want Monkey King even more just to mess around with all these dominant dragon LLs.

Really reminds me of "Journey to the West"
    That1dude said:

"Children? That’s right, Miao Ying has siblings, including a certain Iron Dragon."

Taken straight from GW's community post about Cathay, the fact they say "siblings" instead of sibling implies that there's more dragon children running about.

Nice catch, I wonder if they will all be represented in game...
  • Shomy93ssShomy93ss Registered Users Posts: 72
    I would love to see Chinese Kitsune like LL besides Monkey King as one of DLC LL's. That is if we don't get Nippon as race.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,533
    Zhao Ming, the Iron Dragon, ruler of the Western Provinces and Lord of Shang-Yang, and Miao Ying, the Storm Dragon, ruler of the Northern Provinces and Commander of the Great Bastion.

If he wasn't going to be another dragon, I imagine they wouldn't called him the Iron Dragon. So I imagine there is at least one more.

Source: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-grand-cathay-faq/
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 428
    edited September 14
    Goatforce said:

That1dude said:

Zhao Ming is the guardian of the western province and Miao Ying guards the northern province, theoretically there could be two more Dragon Legendary Lords who guard the eastern and southern provinces respectively.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,613
    I don't want the wyrmlings. Give me the Dragon Emperor himself.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,641
    Crossil said:

Only issue I see with this is that the five traditional Chinese elements are Water, Wood, Fire, Metal, Earth.

While the Iron Dragon Zhao Ming is obviously Metal, Miao Ying as the Storm Dragon doesn't really fit too well. She seems to be all about lightning.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    I would close the LL roster with the monkey king, a cultist of Tzeench, and an oriental vampire (Maybe a vampire dragon. I remember that in Chinese mythology there was a dragon famous for devouring every human he saw).
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,871
    We're still missing that classic Warhammer meme LL.

Imagine we get Kung-fu-cious.

It'll be glorious.

@CA_Andy you can take this one for free.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,066
    edited September 14

It'll be glorious.

You jest, but we ARE missing any sort of "Monk" units now that I sit back and think. We could certainly use a monk themed LL with corresponding units.

We know there are "Celestial Dragon Monks", or at least that there were.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,871
    Krunch said:

It'll be glorious.

You jest, but we ARE missing any sort of "Monk" units now that I sit back and think. We could certainly use a monk themed LL with corresponding units.

Indeed. They're even saving them for the Monkey King and Shaolin Monkeys or...

Nippon.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 1,104
    Crossil said:

No.

The Earth element would be the Celestial Emperor, and he's not showing up.
    That1dude said:

Goatforce said:

That1dude said:

Zhao Ming is the guardian of the western province and Miao Ying guards the northern province, theoretically there could be two more Dragon Legendary Lords who guard the eastern and southern provinces respectively.
    I realise that is a possibility, there could even be 5 with a dragon in the center who maybe acts as a chancelor or mouthpiece of the Emperor. But we also do not know the extent of the map, it may not extend all the way South or East which means the other hypothetical Dragons in control of these areas may just be mentioned or maybe come up in events or something. I want Nippon and Khuresh so hope this isn't the case
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,066

Krunch said:

It'll be glorious.

Indeed. They're even saving them for the Monkey King and Shaolin Monkeys or...

Nippon.
    I feel like there is a big enough difference between Sohei and Shaolin Monks that Nippon and Cathay could both get them. I am absolutely sure that Cathayan monks would fight with their fists(or with brass knuckles or whatever), maybe with Staff variants while Nipponese monks would probably use Naginata and Bows and the like.

Also I think Monks should be seperate from Monk(eys), I am sure Cathay will get two DLC after all(most likely three IMO, I feel confident in saying that) and they need themes for each one.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,412

You know you will literally never get him. They straight up said he isn't going to be playable.

You know you will literally never get him. They straight up said he isn't going to be playable.
    You'll never understand Maed's lust for dragon booty.

I know, and it pains me. Of course, it won't stop me from demanding him.

Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
    Nyxilis said:

Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
    And again!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,100
    I am fine with the siblings honestly

I would take taken The Emperor no questions asked if presented with the choice between them though

Having other types of LL´s than these two sounds exiting as well!

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life