Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

An Overlooked Hint For What's Lurking

2»

Comments

• DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,924
    Red_Dox said:

Hobgoblins were always 100% coming. As part of the Chaos Dwarf roster.

------Red Dox

You not thinking we will get Hobgoblins as a seperate race is all the confirmation I need since everything you are adamant about not getting in, gets in.

You really gotta use that curse to get me some Gnoblar Hordes if you would be so kind.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,975

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

You not thinking we will get Hobgoblins as a seperate race is all the confirmation I need since everything you are adamant about not getting in, gets in.

You really gotta use that curse to get me some Gnoblar Hordes if you would be so kind.
    You know, I stated a simple fact. That you now try to create a false narrative and put words into my mouth which are simply not there, says actually more about you then me ;)

------Red Dox
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,924
    Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

You know, I stated a simple fact. That you now try to create a false narrative and put words into my mouth which are simply not there, says actually more about you then me ;)

------Red Dox
    ... In the Hobgoblin thread just the other day you made a point that you think that they have nothing unique and aren't coming anytime soon.
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 811
    edited September 14
    If anyone want the hobgob experience while they wait, start a orc campaign and reqruit only gobbos and nigth gobbos with firearrows :disappointed: Ride around the badlands without conquering anything
    IM THE BIGGEST Orc fan there is, and i love gobbos, but i cant see a full army of that..
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 811

Red_Dox said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

------Red Dox
    ... In the Hobgoblin thread just the other day you made a point that you think that they have nothing unique and aren't coming anytime soon.
    Theyre intresting but not diffrenciated enough fior a full army roster. thats why theyre part of another army. Gnoblar hordes are coming too, as part of the Ogres rooster
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,674
    BrynjarK said:

If anyone want the hobgob experience while they wait, start a orc campaign and reqruit only gobbos and nigth gobbos with firearrows :disappointed: Ride around the badlands without conquering anything
    IM THE BIGGEST Orc fan there is, and i love gobbos, but i cant see a full army of that..

Where's the Dread Maw? Wind Daemons? Hobgoblins on Wolfback with Rifles? Looted Rocket Artillery?

Your saying this when we just got Cathay who had nothing on TT?

The Hobgoblin Khans are mentioned, they are coming.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,345
    BrynjarK said:

But why do you think that?? Hmmmmm old lore and miniatures for the Hobgoblin Khanate shows a unique ascetic. More Tolkien like Far Eastern version of the Greenskins. They represent the barbarians of that region. Not to mention Mongolian history is extremely interesting as well.

Yet they were forgotten.... Made into nothing more then slaves for the Chaos Dwarfs. However their Empire never died, it was just left behind. I've heard this before...

To me the Hobgoblin Khanate is on the same level as Cathay and Nippon. Cool ideas that were left in the dust over the years. Now the simple minded think of them as nothing more then Tall Goblins. But why???? Why is it stuff like fantasy China and Japan get so much backing but not the Hobgoblins???

The Mongolian Empire is one coolest things I could think of for inspiration for a fantasy race. If you aren't convinced then learn some history about them. Hear about the great battles fought, their unique tactics, hardy lifestyle, great rulers whose names were spoken across the world, and how they started as a small confederation of warring tribes but eventually conquered Empires.

While you're at it, check out some of the old school Hobgoblin miniatures. They still look hella cool to me. Now imagine what they could be with an Old World update. :wink: