Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are you telling me this was a lie, CA???

Comments

• korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 450

Where's the problem?

Waiting 6 years for this **** poor representation of the Ruinous Powers is the problem.

• BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,449

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    This is what happens when most of the budget goes onto Cathay. All the other factions get a lot less development time on them, which is why most Kislevite units look exactly the same, why 40% of Khornes roster is made up of existing models/units and why each of the Gods is using the same generic Chaos Warrior models with very minor changes.

• MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,620
    SerPus said:

The 1st pic is a fanart https://www.deviantart.com/majesticchicken/art/Champions-of-Tzeentch-254326921 (and the dude with a staff is a sorcerer and not a regular warrior anyway).

It's a colored picture from the 7th edition army book.

Didn't google the 2nd one but it probably is one too.

It's from the 8th edition army book.

Kinda hard to see what's going on on that one.

Okay, here is another one.

And here is the Slaanesh one, while we are at it.

Googling tells me they are all "Champions of X", not rank & file warriors. The Slaanesh one kinda still looks similar to the standard warrior tho.

• BloatedCorpse1234BloatedCorpse1234 Registered Users Posts: 116
    Lets wait for the full roster.

And even more importantly - faction mechanics. I really hope each monogod plays differently in campaign.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,877
    edited September 15

Googling tells me they are all "Champions of X", not rank & file warriors.

Rather than googling you should go straight to the source material. It wasn't specified who they are.

The Slaanesh one kinda still looks similar to the standard warrior tho.

No they don't.
    SerPus said:

Googling tells me they are all "Champions of X", not rank & file warriors.

Rather than googling you should go straight to the source material. It wasn't specified who they are.

The Slaanesh one kinda still looks similar to the standard warrior tho.

No they don't.
    If it wasn't specified who they are, then we don't know who they are. And they kinda do. Heavy armour and helmet similar to a skullcrusher but with a slaanesh symbol between "horns".

Heavy armour

On a Chaos Warrior? Wow, that's surprising.
    SerPus said:

Heavy armour

On a Chaos Warrior? Wow, that's surprising.
    Well, so? They're all bulky dudes in heavy armour and helmets, usually with some sort of horns or pseudo horns. CW models represent that well enough. As I said, Tzeentch could have a bit different helmet (maybe inspired by these Thousand sons ones) and some more tzeentch symbols slapped to the armour, but it's not like he currently looks like a hobbit and should look like an ogre. The model is a bit lazy but can be changed with a simple retexture.

They're all bulky dudes in heavy armour and helmets, usually with some sort of horns or pseudo horns.

And knights are just people in armor on horses. I guess the Empire and Bretonnia should use the same model. That's some solid logic you got there.
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 689
    What I don't quite get why people are so hung upon the warriors of monogods. Currently they are, as far as I can tell, supporting cast to the main cast, daemons. I imagine once the dlcs come rolling around, we'll see more unique mortal units with more unique aesthetics. What we've been shown so far has been fairly basic, decently armored chaff as far as I can tell, and until we get units with actually different roles in battle, simple recolours for basically same units works for me.
    edited September 15
    SerPus said:

They're all bulky dudes in heavy armour and helmets, usually with some sort of horns or pseudo horns.

And knights are just people in armor on horses. I guess the Empire and Bretonnia should use the same model. That's some solid logic you got there.
    Tbh I think most of the human cav uses the same rig and animations. There are differenced in armour and colour schemes. Which would be nice for CW too, but I'm not losing sleep over it. But I personally wouldn't expect them to be much more different than Eternal Guard, High Elf Spearmen and Dreadspears (who are pretty damn similar if you put them next to each other).

Tbh I think most of the human cav uses the same rig and animations.

Of course they are. How is that relevant?

Eternal Guard, High Elf Spearmen and Dreadspears

...which are using different models.

Okay, I should probably stop feeding you.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,149
    @MadDemiurg @SerPus Seems to me like you two basically agree with each other then lol.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
    Bayes said:

Seems to me like you two basically agree with each other then lol.

The guy claimed that marked warriors should look the same because they didn't have unique models on the tabletop. Why would anyone agree with that?
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    The latest Chaos Warriors certainly look different to the Khorne versions, they have a different paint job with some unique features. I'd like to see the entire armies before getting all flustered.
    edited September 15
    SerPus said:

Tbh I think most of the human cav uses the same rig and animations.

Of course they are. How is that relevant?

Eternal Guard, High Elf Spearmen and Dreadspears

...which are using different models.

Okay, I should probably stop feeding you.
    It's relevant because I wouldn't expect CW to have a different base either.

Look pretty damn similar to me, same "tunic" like armor, same triangle shields, same cone helmets. Main difference is textures. CW of Tzeentch are much more lazy of course, they've only recoloured the armour and changed shoulderpads. But if you give them a different helmet and maybe a symbol of tzeentch somewhere it would be on the same level.

And sure, I must be trolling because I have a different opinion.

• ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151

Hondlis said:

Well they might be placeholders but there is still real chance they are not. Before Khorne roster reveal most of us was convinced we've seen like 50 % of roster only to find out we've seen it almost all and it's the smallest roster to be released in all 3 games.

So i guess a little bit of hysteria won't hurt us and also maybe points out what we as customers want and expect.

And i have no idea why someone takes recolored warriors and chosen as a sign of something normal or expected. Show me a single artwork where Nurgle warriors are exact copy or Tzeench ones.

It's based on TT models, not artworks (most of which are fanmade anyway).
    Here's a tzeentch warrior from AoS (on the right), does he look overly fancy to you?

Current tzeentch warriors are a bit lazy but I wouldn't expect them to be wildly different. Maybe a unique helmet and some magical flair like glowing weapons, idk.
    It screams 40k and sigmarines. Thanks almighty they didn't go into that direction.
    edited September 15

Hondlis said:

Well they might be placeholders but there is still real chance they are not. Before Khorne roster reveal most of us was convinced we've seen like 50 % of roster only to find out we've seen it almost all and it's the smallest roster to be released in all 3 games.

So i guess a little bit of hysteria won't hurt us and also maybe points out what we as customers want and expect.

And i have no idea why someone takes recolored warriors and chosen as a sign of something normal or expected. Show me a single artwork where Nurgle warriors are exact copy or Tzeench ones.

It's based on TT models, not artworks (most of which are fanmade anyway).
    Here's a tzeentch warrior from AoS (on the right), does he look overly fancy to you?

Current tzeentch warriors are a bit lazy but I wouldn't expect them to be wildly different. Maybe a unique helmet and some magical flair like glowing weapons, idk.
    It screams 40k and sigmarines. Thanks almighty they didn't go into that direction.
    I just brought this up because even in AoS (which did a lot more to differentiate the gods and is much more over the top), Tzeentch warriors don't look all that wild.

SerPus said:

Bayes said:

Seems to me like you two basically agree with each other then lol.

The guy claimed that marked warriors should look the same because they didn't have unique models on the tabletop. Why would anyone agree with that?
    Yeah but you both seem ok with the dreadspear, eternal guard and high elf spear comparison. The rest just seems like semantics or am I missing something?

They are definitely different models.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,181
    Well, I understand your disappointment, but it was expected that many assets will be reused. From Warhammer I & II as well as from Three Kingdoms. Yesterday's trailer confirmed both suspicions. It's a common practice and Rome II assets had even been used for Throb, so it's nothing new. It's up to every customer to judge whether this makes the game over-priced or not.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

Bayes said:

Yeah but you both seem ok with the dreadspear, eternal guard and high elf spear comparison.

All these units have different models, even if Dark and High elves have their similarities in design. The unit that we saw has the exactly same model as Chosen from WoC. How is that a valid comparison?
    SerPus said:

Bayes said:

Yeah but you both seem ok with the dreadspear, eternal guard and high elf spear comparison.

All these units have different models, even if Dark and High elves have their similarities in design. The unit that we saw has the exactly same model as Chosen from WoC. How is that a valid comparison?
    No I mean that is what we should expect, what we got was just a recolour.

You know what Im just going to step back and let you two go at it.
    SerPus said:

Bayes said:

They're basically the same model with different textures from what I can tell. The Tzeentch model is more obvious because it's mostly a recolour (apart from the shoulderpads), but it's not far off.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,153
    I love how people have taken that comment that's obviously impossible and nothing but sales puffery so seriously.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756

Reeks said:

After we found out that mortal soldiers would be a substantial part of the MONO rosters i had hoped that Ca would at least make them like they were in the lore, where they had distinctly different looks

It turns out the MONO haters were right though, we got spoon fed the same models with different colors and very minor model changes

R.I.P
    The dream is dead

as long the place holder is confirmed to be real, then i will consider the dream dead! until then never!
    still better then just one faction. 4 faction they can dedicate the mechanics of the faction to a much larger degree, and also , as long as the units represents what they look like in the table top, it is like it should be.

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,850

D E B A C L E
    E B A C L E
    B A C L E
    A C L E
    C L E
    L E
    E

I had hoped I wouldn't need to use my ultimate weapon ever again...

They're just placeholders man, get over it.

I agree that they are placeholders. Though neither one of us can be certain. Pointing out that they better be placeholders or that you're not happy if they are not merely placeholders is appropriate feedback imo. Creating multiple threads on the same topic is not. It just hurts the significance of the criticism imo. But, by all means, have at it, forums.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,350

They can have a lot of specific units, and have a few shared assets. Plus different mechanism and gameplay.

Where's the problem?

So cathay would be ok with colour changed empire troops?

Kislev would be ok with colour changed brettonian troops?
  • MightfoMightfo Registered Users Posts: 198
    Ok, so judging by things like this...

They can have a lot of specific units, and have a few shared assets. Plus different mechanism and gameplay.

Where's the problem?

So cathay would be ok with colour changed empire troops?

Kislev would be ok with colour changed brettonian troops?

There's a fundamental misunderstanding going on between most of each two camps.

Here's the thing:

One can be upset that Tzeentch mortals are visually unfinished, while realizing that the "The chaos god factions are as diverse from.." statement is probably talking about gameplay diversity and is not a lie.

That's my position. I love Tzeentch and want things like mutation mechanics, often reflected in visuals. I dont like what they've done with the mortals.

But, while still holding that statement, it is easy to see that that CA quote isn't a lie. You can have gameplay diversity even if some visuals are reused.

CA is messing up with the human models so far, but that statement wasnt a lie. These are quite clear.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,178
    Surge_2 said:

Daemons are diversity.

then they should have made one daemons of chaos army.

When they decided Mono from that point forward I expected high quality marked warriors and beastmen in the roster.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
This discussion has been closed.