Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA I am really impressed.

Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 727
Man, I am impressed with the new trailer for Cathay. It's perfect, it's exactly what Warhammer Fantasy humans are all about. A perfect blend of psuedo-history with fantasy. Even has that typical British humour with those hot air balloons just being massive Chinese lanterns. I am glad that CA has made Cathay feel like a proper fantasy China rather than a random no-name Asian inspired faction. I am honestly stoked to see what they could do with Nippon and Ind.

Good Job CA, you managed to create a faction that used to have nothing and make it fluidly fit in the world of Warhammer in both theme and humour.
Tagged:

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,986
    It's a surprisingly good reveal. The video was fantastic, the roster looks great.

I didn't get everything on my dream list but I'm certain they've got good DLCs lined up.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,021
    I too am impressed. The Dragons are just right.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,284
    Hopefully we get more info this week
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,406
    Honestly even with The Dragon Emperor withheld(R.I.P my supreme leader)
    this trailer made my years of advocating for Grand Cathay on these boards worth it, worth all the ridicule us Grand Cathay fans had to suffer.

Seems like Ca knocked it outta the park with this inclusion honestly

Ca beyond awed me with those Terracotta giants and their animation honestly.
    Much Wow
    Much cool

One caveat though, i SO hope they made some sort of mechanic evolving around The Great Bastion
    Would be a shame to have Ca miss such a grand opportunity

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • steam_163135713382gsXFcdRsteam_163135713382gsXFcdR Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    The trailer is great but it's just a trailer. Trailers have nothing to do with gameplay. I'm pretty sure we will not actually have battles where we command an airforce of like 500 missile-spewing airships and lay waste to the whole map. It's just a shiny little movie.
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 727

The trailer is great but it's just a trailer. Trailers have nothing to do with gameplay. I'm pretty sure we will not actually have battles where we command an airforce of like 500 missile-spewing airships and lay waste to the whole map. It's just a shiny little movie.

It being a trailer or not is irrelevant. It's the content inside that matters. CA has done a great job in art and lore direction, that's what matters.