Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Think CA is playing the usual censorship thing here or it's just a horrible mistake?

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
edited September 16 in The Graveyard
I am aware of cases criticizing the game being removed from Reddit.
Now they seem to don't wish to redo the model of Tzeentch so they try to silence the unhappy crowd.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• ThousandFirefliesThousandFireflies Registered Users Posts: 31
    edited September 16
    redditors in general, and jannies especially love to shill for corpos and poiticans. so CA probably dosent even know this post exists, but some white knight still "proects" poor indie company
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,212
    CA has already acknowledged that they would be looking into it.

The moderators on Reddit take down posts all the time, and this no evidence of a grand conspiracy to silence criticism.

Particularly, since, there is still loads of criticism available from CA affiliated youtubers, the official forums, and r/totalwar.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Reddit is about as trash as Twitter. No need to explain further.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,148
    edited September 16
    If that were the case, the gazillion posts talking about the Tzeentch Warriors here on the forums would have been erased a long time ago.

Considering that the premise of the post is either a joke or an attempt at trolling, it being blocked is not strange.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,381
    edited September 16
    You can criticize CA as long as you remain respectful of others opinions I myself have been critical of things CA has done and expressed where I thought they went wrong and haven't received any warnings.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,295
    The mods let it slip that they are in personal communication with the CA employees during the Chinese Nude 3K fan-art debacle.

They are too close.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Vin362 said:

You can criticize CA as long as you remain respectful of others opinions I myself have been critical of things CA has done and expressed where I thought they went wrong and haven't received any warnings.

I think I missed the point where shown reddit post indicates disrespect to CA.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,188
    A select few on this forum sees conspiracy or other malintent in everything. It's hard to take any of it seriously anymore.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,448
    Blaeys said:

A select few on this forum sees conspiracy or other malintent in everything. It's hard to take any of it seriously anymore.

As a lot of people in the actual reddit thread guess, it was possibly just the automod removing something with a ton of reports. Because people like to report things they don't agree with sometimes to try and get it removed.

Blaeys said:

As a lot of people in the actual reddit thread guess, it was possibly just the automod removing something with a ton of reports. Because people like to report things they don't agree with sometimes to try and get it removed.
    Lol, I never thought people would report a thing they disagree with, I assumed downvoting the post or blacklisting vanilla_gorilla would be enough.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,622
    Surge_2 said:

I got temporarily banned on Twitter for hate speech and harassment, because I wrote out a paragraph about why I ****ing hate Mudflap from Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,128
    Jote191 said:

Surge_2 said:

I got temporarily banned on Twitter for hate speech and harassment, because I wrote out a paragraph about why I ****ing hate Mudflap from Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen.

Please copy the exact phrase you got banned for xD

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,622
    Reeks said:

Jote191 said:

Surge_2 said:

I wish I could but I had to delete it or I wouldn't get unbanned. Their was a lot of cursing though. Moral of the story, Twitter is cringe. xD
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,128
    Jote191 said:

Reeks said:

Jote191 said:

Surge_2 said:

I wish I could but I had to delete it or I wouldn't get unbanned. Their was a lot of cursing though. Moral of the story, Twitter is cringe. xD
    :D

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Registered Users Posts: 1,117
    Jote191 said:

Surge_2 said:

That implies you don't hate the rest of Transformers 2 enough if you can pick an individual character through the red haze of rage and hate.

Your ban was justified on those grounds.
    Jote191 said:

Reeks said:

Jote191 said:

Surge_2 said:

ROFL.

Exactly right. Twitter is, by far, the most toxic cesspool on the internet.

• ThousandFirefliesThousandFireflies Registered Users Posts: 31
    edited September 16
    Surge_2 said:

Jote191 said:

Reeks said:

Jote191 said:

Surge_2 said:

ROFL.

Exactly right. Twitter is, by far, the most toxic cesspool on the internet.
    social media is unironically a disaster for society, internet talking should have stayed on small thematic forums
  • 445Aas445Aas Registered Users Posts: 270
    I know for a fact that this is not the official chaos warrior of nurgle!
    This is fake because it got updated with actual symbols of nurgle and demon faces and not just painted green.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,781
    I highly doubt this was removed because CA complained. If they were that sensitive to criticism, they'd have taken this forum down years back.

But I don't blame anyone for raising the possibility. Open secret certain Reddit mods are on the take, removing and promoting content for their personal benefit.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,550
    edited September 16
    The TW reddit page is particularly trash and the people running it are known to bend over and censor people that are critical of CA due to a not so subtle ultimatum by a CA staff that threatened to stop having official CA presence on there if they allowed to post what they don't like. It was around the 8P DLC release and when they purged a lot of the 3K mod workshop due to copyright laws or so they claim.
    Just look at the official mod response, he's oozing passive aggressiveness.
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,550
    Arsenic said:

I highly doubt this was removed because CA complained. If they were that sensitive to criticism, they'd have taken this forum down years back.

But I don't blame anyone for raising the possibility. Open secret certain Reddit mods are on the take, removing and promoting content for their personal benefit.

CA rarely reads this forum, aside from people like CA_Duck who continues to monitor the utter dumpster fire that is the balance forums. I very much doubt they even read their bug report forums after my experience with 3K.

The TW reddit page is particularly trash and the people running it are known to bend over and censor people that are critical of CA due to a not so subtle ultimatum by a CA staff that threatened to stop having official CA presence on there if they allowed to post what they don't like. It was around the 8P DLC release and when they purged a lot of the 3K mod workshop due to copyright laws or so they claim.
    Just look at the official mod response, he's oozing passive aggressiveness.

Jesus Christ he should be kicked out of this modding role right after these words. What a piece of an ****.

Can't we use reddit rules to get rid of him like people get rid of reddit posts? By reporting his page for agression hate speach or something? Case here he is cleanly a level of crap we had with some marketing degree guy.

CA rarely reads this forum, aside from people like CA_Duck who continues to monitor the utter dumpster fire that is the balance forums. I very much doubt they even read their bug report forums after my experience with 3K.

I always viewed the balance and bug forums as purely there for ornamental purposes.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
    makar55 said:

Jesus Christ he should be kicked out of this modding role right after these words. What a piece of an ****.

Can't we use reddit rules to get rid of him like people get rid of reddit posts? By reporting his page for agression hate speach or something? Case here he is cleanly a level of crap we had with some marketing degree guy.

It's not really against Reddit's rules to be a patronising arse. As long as it's to the right people.

Besides which, if I hold in contempt people who use "hate speech" as a catch-all to silence people they don't like, I can't in good conscience do it, suggest it, or support it myself.

Arsenic said:

makar55 said:

It's not really against Reddit's rules to be a patronising arse. As long as it's to the right people.

Besides which, if I hold in contempt people who use "hate speech" as a catch-all to silence people they don't like, I can't in good conscience do it, suggest it, or support it myself.

That's the most effiecient they to shut up someone, why should not a reddit user play this one for his own sake?
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 932
    “keeping communities safe, civil and true.”

What a crock~
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,056
    Arsenic said:

makar55 said:

I just reported him for being a condescending hypocritical piece of crap.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,184
    Reddit drama belongs in Reddit. Not here.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

Reddit drama belongs in Reddit. Not here.

Khorne cares not from where it flows.

Blood for the Blood God.

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,271
    edited September 16
    I've got few posts there removed there as well for unknown arbitrary reasons. Place is a mess.

An example

Must be super offensive to someone.
This discussion has been closed.