Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you so much ca!!!!

James-MJames-M MemberPosts: 69Registered Users
edited March 2012 in Total War: Shogun 2
Guys... You've really done it this time.
This game is awesome!!!! Right out of the box, for me anyway...It's totally 100% playable!
For me this is the best total war game to date.
Post edited by James-M on

Comments

• Half Life ExpertHalf Life Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,529Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    aw, now im too excited for my retail copy tomorrow!

congrats James
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • James-MJames-M Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I was lucky my retail hardcopy arrived today :)
    CA have done an amazing job :)
    Its just so good! :)
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,076Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited March 2012
    Yes from the 20 minutes I was able to play, I really enjoyed it. Much more than any other TW game. Although I can't really play more than 20 minutes because the game just locks up my PC =(
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
    edited March 2012
    Is this the first appreciation thread? I hope someone from CA replies.
    They need to know they're appreciated!
    I've played for 4 hours already! Solid game time!
    I only got up to make coffee :) roll on tomorrow night.
    A crate of lager, Indian takeaway and fall of the samurai on my 50" TV!
  • pittsburghpittsburgh Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Think yourself lucky you got 20 minutes, I can't even get the game to start since installing FotS.
  • MrBoBo1MrBoBo1 Senior Member Posts: 441Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Rise Of The Samurai was great value. This is also good value. With the preorder off steam, you get the soundtrack (which is fantastic) which alone would probably cost about £10 - £15
  • wilo1066wilo1066 Senior Member Posts: 2,175Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    pittsburgh wrote: »
    Think yourself lucky you got 20 minutes, I can't even get the game to start since installing FotS.
    just load up shogun2 and there is your option to play fots.if you have done that restart steam then verify your cache
    wilo1066
  • yaricavalryyaricavalry Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    'Tis great, formed a republic of satsuma.

The bad, the Japanese speak english...ugh.
  • pittsburghpittsburgh Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    wilo1066 wrote: »
    just load up shogun2 and there is your option to play fots.if you have done that restart steam then verify your cache

I can't even start up Shogun2, apparently it's to do with my AMD FX CPU, even though I've updated my Bios and installed the Microsoft hotfxes.
  • Crazy SteveCrazy Steve Senior Member Posts: 1,423Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Pff, im jelly. :( Wantz to play da gaim now!!!!
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • SecuterSecuter Senior Member Posts: 1,710Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    And then there's me who haven't bought it yet.. Gun games with Orbital bombardment.. I'm not that it will be good.. the mp won't anyway. :/
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    More interested in European history.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    Not that many gun powder troops, it's not a new Empire I want.
    edited March 2012
    The mix of sword and spear and guns works really well from what I have played. It's not totally gun focused like Empire or Napoleon.
    The engrish speaking is very annoying though, I hope this is a one off and not the future of later games. It's like when you watch a movie with bad dubbing when you would rather just read subs.
    edited March 2012
    Idd MrBobo1, I still don't understand why they did this. In a poll they did a few months back it was clear that the vast majority wanted units to talk in their native tongue. So far it's the only thing about the new game that I find extremely out of place.
  • Colonel MallardColonel Mallard Senior Member Posts: 1,044Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I imagine I'll get used to it eventually. As long as the quotes aren't to cheesy
    *hears "Sweep them from the fierd!"*
    *gulp*
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it...

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail."

"All I know is that my gut says maybe" - President Average of the Neutral Planet

Total War:Barbarian Invasion 2:The Invadening
    edited March 2012
    I think it adds to a less immersing experience. When you look at something like Empire, you had all these nations with a distinct feel. Aside from the way they play and the visuals, the tongue they spoke. Likewise with Shogun 2 You didn't need to directly know what they were saying in order to understand them. Since it's not a totally seperate game and linked to ROTS and Shogun 2 it probably makes it feel even more out of place.
  • S2totalwarfanS2totalwarfan Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I am going to go buy it tomorrow :D
    very excited
    glad so many people are already enjoying it although im a little jealous that some people already have it xD
    have fun everyone with the game :P
    The Uesugi Clan is looking for loyal recruits that are willing to fight for the clan in multiplayer battles, to strive for dominance and be the most powerful clan of japan. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uesugi_clan
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    Absolutely awsome. I thought it wouldn't come out till tomorrow, but apparently I was mistaken. Nothing works so well to take your mind off a surgery as a great game. The first half of today wasn't pleasant at all, but the joy of playing FOTS made up for it well and truly.
    edited March 2012
    I cant get enough of this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2012
    The airstrikes are a great addition imo. Makes me actually care about the navy now.
    They now piggyback along with land armies, it's very fun.
    edited March 2012
    Airstrikes lol. Those naval bombardments arent that bad. Theyre not as concentrated as everyone first said. :)
    edited March 2012
    The AI seems smart enough to move (abit) before you hit them for the most part.
    In Sieges though you can take out a ton of gun units since they dont seem to move when standing at the ledge.
    edited March 2012
    The AI seem smarter in general really. I once had a fight, pretty standard one... Until, about 8 groups of cav, decided to halt, turn to the right, and do a huge flanking attack. It caught me totally off guard. I killed them all, but still, it was pretty devastating sight to
    see!
  • Half Life ExpertHalf Life Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,529Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    i just got my copy and am installing now!!!

and it apears its only a 3.7 gb install as it told me to put in disk 3 (thres 3 disks) and it says about 3.7 gbs
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
    edited March 2012
    Yh, the install is really small and I gotta tell you Half Life Expert the game was worth the wait. :)
    edited March 2012
    This game is just awesome! Its the best total war I have ever played!
  • grumhiegrumhie Senior Member Posts: 437Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    i personaly dont HATE the engish(actually makes sense if the generals speaks a bit of engrish, and i.e. us marines speak english), but i think the most annoying of it is that even spear levys speak engrish. i mean, it are just levy troops with a small training.
    edited March 2012
    Idd grumhie, I wonder if they made them talk English (not even with a decent Japanese accent) because they didn't want to buy voice actors... Only thing about the game that is REALLY annoying me, they sound way too American.
  • TehV15TehV15 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I have the game language on German and there the Japanese Units speak Japanese and only American and British units speak English ( Don't know about the French because I haven't got any units of them )
    But what they same is about the same as in the original S2. All Modern Infantry says something something like the Musket Ashigaru's in S2, the Samurai infantry is also the same.

And indeed this game is awesome, I love the new function of controlling cannon and ship fire. It takes a while to aim good but it is still very funny to do. The Naval battles are awesome too.

I haven't played the other Total War games ( Except the Demo's but those were only the battles ) so I can't really compare them but I believe that this is one of the best game I have ever played
  • ScorepioScorepio Senior Member Posts: 256Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I only have one word to describe Fall of the Samurai. PERFECT

Perfect soundtrack , perfect graphics and perfect gameplay.
    And i really like the new additions.

Can I dream of Rome II with the same quality ? :-)
    [PORTABLE-ID]scorepio[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • SpycrabSpycrab Senior Member Posts: 1,373Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I giggled so much when my first naval support hitted a clump of unit. So pretty holes and crates in the enemies line.

Lovely game, always a sucker for gunpowder warfare.
    At the end of the day, if someone cares enough to come and post on the forums, it doesn't matter if the post is good or bad, it means that Total War is something really important to them, so I don't take it personaly.

-Will CA

Criticizing is not wrong, initating a witch hunt however is.