Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I would like so see more female Chaos generic lords and heroes

FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,774
DISCLAIMER: I can already see some people cringe while reading this title. Before we begin, I'd like to say that this post is NOT about some SJW demanding more female representation, or some teenager claiming for some hot Chaos waifus. If you are in either categories, please make your own thread and don't derail this one.

No, I'm talking about actual loreful units. In the lore, there actually are some female chaos lords, chaos sorceresses, or chaos witches that appears here and there. I know Gotrek and Felix met a female chaos lord in one of their novels. Valkia, while still human, would theoretically be a female Marauder Chieftain. Novels, comic books, video games, official art, it's not uncommon to see some women in those roles.

There's even one that appears in Total War: Warhammer II (a female chaos lord in the Dark Elf Vortex Campaign cinematic).

And yet somehow, on the tabletop (and therefore in-game), the chaos factions are a sausage fest (I think the only exceptions are Valkia and Dechala). GW is trying to change that recently in AoS, but it would be nice to see the same in Total War.

For example, female variants of chaos lords/chaos sorcerers/marauder chieftains/shaman-sorcerers, maybe fulfilling different roles in the same style as the elven ones (let's say the men are sword and shields and the women are two-handed axes/greatswords, or even different mounts), or shield maidens heroes for Norsca, or the Monogods cultists.

At the very least, Tzeentch and Slaanesh should get some variations. What do you guys think?

See below for some pictures of what I mean:

Comments

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    As worshippers of Slaanesh/Tzeentch - yes, anything else - no.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,656
    makar55 said:

i mean we have valkya so there is that i suppose.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,764
    I agree. More diversity in appearance would be good.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,774
    makar55 said:

Well, to be frank, all four gods got some female characters in the lore. Valkia is of course the most famous, but Warhammer had its fair share of female khornate berzerkers and nurglite chaos witch.

Here's a Nurgle witch for example:

• SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,453
    I am not sure, some heroes maybe but I would hate mixed units.
    Now I could come up with all kind of explanations but the simple truth is I want my heavy metal male chaos Warrior frontline. Just a matter of taste. :)

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,049
    I would like to see the bird lady. I love this heavily mutated tzeentch design, that is not yet a chaos spawn.

Otherwise yeah, more female figures for the chaos factions would be cool.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
    sykall said:

I would like to see the bird lady. I love this heavily mutated tzeentch design, that is not yet a chaos spawn.

Otherwise yeah, more female figures for the chaos factions would be cool.

Yeah, the bird lady is the one that inspired me to make this post, tbh. She looks glorious.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    Even thought i'm a firm believer in sausage fests ;)
    I fully agree that female chaos ridden scum is loreful and we should have the lasses!

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 395
    edited September 19
    Sausage fest part made me chuckle
    But chaos wamens I cant say no to that
    I would especially like to see the bird lady in that picture and the war maidens sounds preety cool
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 767

Never got into AoS but really liked this model. Would be happy to see more females to add to the diversity of models.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    I've hope for at least Slaanesh cultist to be female, but I cannot agree more, the things i'd give to get female chaos champions and druchii chaos champions !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
    Maelas said:

I've hope for at least Slaanesh cultist to be female, but I cannot agree more, the things i'd give to get female chaos champions and druchii chaos champions !

Imagine if the Cultist of Slaanesh is a female druchii!
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,924
    Would be nice to get a Tzeentch caster. If we get some Chaos elves with Dechala LP I wouldn't be surprised to get some female characters or units.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,202
    More female units for Chaos could also mean more female units for the Elven factions as well as potentially the Empire i.e. Sisters of Sigmar 2.0 if the devs ever plan on it. All in all there should be some more variety in the Chaos department between human followers and tribesmen, not just in sex and gender, but also mutation and deformity.
    OK I will be hated for this but please no Sisters of Sigmar, they are heretics and their order was destroyed long ago.
    For me they also don't fit the Empire theme in general.
  • aeshmiaeshmi Registered Users Posts: 126
    edited September 19
    Fossoway said:

DISCLAIMER: I can already see some people cringe while reading this title.

And may i just thank you for summoning them because their fear of the female gender is always a thing to behold

But on topic yes agree - i know that making a female (or male) variant of a lord basically doubles the work almost in terms of models and voicework - so you see certain lord types restricted to gender. But thats ok in my book for some more variety.

As someone who has their eyes on Tzeentch that last image of the female chaos sorceror is fantasitc.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,049
    edited September 19

OK I will be hated for this but please no Sisters of Sigmar, they are heretics and their order was destroyed long ago.

Sisters of Sigmar in TWW aside, did you just say they do not fit the empires theme? Isn't the Empire all about steel faith and gunpowder?
    And if I recall correctly the Sisters are all about armour and faith. So two out of three. Are you against battlepriests as well then, as they are also heavily armoured and preachy?

Or against what theme do the sisters act?
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,202

Faith = they're war-nuns of Sigmar.

Steel = they are clad in literal steel.

Gunpowder = their attitudes.

Yes, in lore they are a heretical sect that was done away with, but they are interesting and they do provide a potential addition to the roster. If CA thinks they can fit in again, they'll make them fit.
    @sykall
    As I said for me they don't fit.
    I like the 16th century and grounded feel of the empire, it is hard to explain without being seen as an **** but a big part of it is that the armies are male only. It gives a more realistic feeling to me when you consider what terrors they have to face.

On the other hand it makes the other races more special to me because they don't have this fixed roles.

• IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 767

Faith = they're war-nuns of Sigmar.

Steel = they are clad in literal steel.

Gunpowder = their attitudes.

Yes, in lore they are a heretical sect that was done away with, but they are interesting and they do provide a potential addition to the roster. If CA thinks they can fit in again, they'll make them fit.
    Agree, I like the SoB and SoS so would be happy if they appeared in WH3.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,619
    Agree, but I wouldnt like a role differentiation like with the high and dark elves, it feels too artificial for my taste. Just make it so a chaos lord/marauder chieftain/whatever can be both male or female.

Unit wise I would really like some chaotic valkyries for norsca.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    Fossoway said:

Maelas said:

Imagine if the Cultist of Slaanesh is a female druchii!
    I'd die of hype !

And even better, a badass dreadlord clad in chaos armor, like Malus's sister !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    If they update WoC with some other Lord option, 100% it will be Female.

Valkia, will be added.
    Dechala, may be added.

Just look at the images linked in this thread. Its 2021, you probably dont have to worry about it.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 811
    Cant say no to new models, as far as its not a recolor I'm in.
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,830
    edited September 19
    Question, why would any Chaos God decline taking female followers? They don't care about preserving paternatlistic social structures, they just want mortals to indulge in their primary emotions and snack on their souls afterwards. They have no reason to be choosy when it comes to reproductive organs. People of any gender can rage for Khorne and rot for Nurgle, just as much as they can scheme for Tzeentch or excel for Slaanesh.

The only reason Chaos barely has any female followers until AoS is that GW used to be lazy, it's not something that follows from the worldbuilding.

• cat59cat59 Registered Users Posts: 482

Just going to say, although it's off-topic, that the SoS were only declared heretics because their models didn't sell well in the Mordheim game, if I'm remembering right. They were also only found in Mordheim and outlying villages, so unless you're saying the cult of Sigmar absolutely and completely refuses women into their faith, there's no reason we can't see a battle-nun of Sigmar, or Myrmidia, or Verena, or indeed any of the other under represented human gods in the game. (Although Taal almost certainly wouldn't have female warrior priests, under normal circumstances.)
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 1,093
    The thing is, there aren't very many. Norscan society is mostly male-dominated/patriarchal. While there are some noteworthy female characters, like Valkia, they're a rather rare exception. It's not until pretty recently that GW started adding more generic female chaos characters in AoS. They probably have relatively more inclusion in art/cinematics than in the lore.
    It's not like dark/high elves, Kislev, or Cathay, which are explicitly inclusive in their militaries.

Female sorcerers are probably more common than female chaos lords or foot soldiers.

Not like I'm against more females in chaos factions, just that it's not really unusual for there to be none. It's sort of the same situation with the Empire and Bretonnia, which don't have inclusive militaries.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,359
    More unit diversity is more assets and more stuff that looks cool on the battlefield. This is purely a good.
  • zeekjwzeekjw Registered Users Posts: 127
    I see no reason not to have female lords for chaos, after all chaos is a very inclusive faction.
This discussion has been closed.