Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The most unused units in a need of a tweak

Compiled_with_LLVMCompiled_with_LLVM Registered Users Posts: 208
Here is a list of units that are almost never used in MP matches (pvp).

1. Blessed Field Trebuchet - this is the worst unit in the game by far. Not only it does worse than non-blessed version it also costs more. I would suggest adding some "debuff" contact effect for its missile.
2. Kharibdyss - this was pretty bad even before poison nerf. Now it's just complete garbage - a monster killer that is either "much slower" or "weaker" than any of it's targets and in both cases its bad for killing monsters or doing something else at the battlefield. I would suggest +100 WS (split between AP and non-AP) just to differentiate it from Hydra and make it more dedicated pure melee damage dealer.
3. Bastiladon (Ark of Sotek) - just a tremendously overpriced Bastiladon. Can do a little more than Feral Bastiladon but costs double the funds.
4. Dwarven Bolt Thrower - never seen it used. It's basically a worse version of the cannon with lowered range and "little" AL which is not worth the tradeoff.
5. Demigryph Knights - they do exactly the same as Demi Knights Halberds in all scenarios but in case of fight against large targets they do much worse so there is no reason to pick them (except dwarf matchup).
6. Cold One Dread Knights - the same as pt.5 they do the same as normal COK but overpriced.
7. Grail Reliquae - it's overpriced for what it can. $500 - 5 units of Peasants or Reliquae the choice is obvious. I would suggest adding drain aura effect or "replenishes HP of nearby combatants" when in melee.
8. Depth Guard (and especially the halberded version) - it's just overpriced / low models count is always a disadvantage as well
9. Animated Hulks - looks like "Aquatic" is priced in but brings no effect in almost all battles.
10. River Trolls - just a worsened version of Trolls with a slight debuff that is not worth the price and tradeoffs.
Ranked top#20 mp

Comments

• Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,543
    1 - its quite strong all it needs it no Friendly fire at all that is all.

2 - A reasonable unit tht shines in some match-ups issue is that it and hydra just dotn fit DE playstyle, the units are not bad just the roster they in dont fit them

3- LOL what....it needs a serious nerf currently what are you smoking? Its OP at current or you are way out of touch...?

4 - Little range would fix it but not a desperate unit either

5 - Another unit that is good just you tkae halberds for empire as they give you a different role unit where as lancers compete with cheaper empire cav that is all, still a balanced unit with no need for changes

6 - again no, a balanced good unit

7 - YEAH NO....a slight buff im all for such as -50 or -75g but hell no to your idea

8 - stop being brianshwashed by a resident forum troll its a good unit with content of the roster, could use +6 speed and be perfect

9 - they got a place in the roster due to their price, a weird unit but any buffs would make it overlap with others

10 - river trolls are really good BUT they do have 1 issue and that is that the -5ma only matters on 1 really and usually that 1 is the hag, my suggestion would be they should give -5MA on their attacks not as aura but it should stack, so if you have 3 trolls in melee with 1 unit its -15MA.

Pretty much i think you're wrong on all counts but some of the units could use a slight tweek though not to the point u think so, while others need a nerf not a buff.
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,600
    Pump wagons, river trolls, warboss

Ithilmar chariots, archers with light armour, lesser dragons, eagles

Mounted yeomen without bows, generic lord, prophetess, peg knights

Ravens heralds, master, generic lords, crone, lokhir, dread knights, cauldron of blood

Treemen, Treemen ancient

Frost wyrm, ice wolf chariot, marauder champions, marauder chieftain

Hammerers, generic Lord, runesmith, thane, grombrindal, ungrim, ghost ancestors, giant slayers, flame cannon

Tomb King chariots, nehekara warriors, ushabti, khatep,

Zombie handcannons, cylostra on foot, aranessa, sartosan militia, halberd depth guard, bloody reaver depth guard

Ghouls, cairn wraiths, master necro

Captain, General, witch hunter, ror archers, ror huntsmen, luminark, hellblaster, hellstorm, wagon mortars, huntsman general

Saurus without shields both kinds, fireleech Bolas, sacred kroxigor, horned ones

Censer bearers, Stormvermin, ghoritch, doomflayers, doom wheels,

A few that spring to mind
  • y4g3ry4g3r Registered Users Posts: 503
    I know that the SoS animation is a big cause of their weakness, but wouldn't it be cool if Lokhir got their animations in combat? Dude is meant to be a supreme duelist, and backflip across combat on the high seas. Having him with the SoS fighting style would be cool af.
  • BjornNorlinderBjornNorlinder Registered Users Posts: 809
    i think u need to play the game more mp wise (assuming that's what this thread is about) cuz a few of them are quite good and others niche but still useful in certain matchups
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,293
    1. Blessed Field Trebuchet - has friendly splash, but guess what? No meaningful splash. Also costs more for less splash. That's a down grade.

2. Kharibdyss - Not a bad unit.

4. Supposed to be dirt cheap.

5. Demigryph Knights - they feel a little weak to me.

6. Cold One Dread Knights - They feel a little weak to me.

7. Grail Reliquae - agreed. I would increase the damage to 100 or 200. Maybe add a ghost knight taking swings. I would increase the CB to 20.

8. Depth Guard (and especially the halberded version) - needs 60 models

9. Animated Hulks - needs more CB it's basically an undead ogre but has no CB.

10. River Trolls - just a worsened version of Trolls with a slight debuff that is not worth the price and tradeoffs. Yup, why is the weapon damage lower?? Increase weapon damage back to 100 like regular troll please.

11. Remove double flammable from Frost Trolls.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 364
    Is this a post from 2017 lol ?
  • littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 809
    I would swap bolt throwers for the basic grudge throwers. Those should probably get an accuracy buff if they want to be used.
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 809
    I've had them fire continuously for 10+min games at mid teir infantry and they usually get ~500g value
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,034
    Bastilean said:

</blockquote

550 is not dirt cheap, grudgethrower is 700, cannon is 800 and 2 cannons are better than 3 weak throwers

BsFG dwarf

Bastilean said:

not always, BT can have its role as a mass blocker also and 550g is cheap enough to use it like that, i be all in favor of upping the range as well as DE one, but if people think dwarf one is bad than DE one should be absolute garbage
  • Compiled_with_LLVMCompiled_with_LLVM Registered Users Posts: 208

Bastilean said:

not always, BT can have its role as a mass blocker also and 550g is cheap enough to use it like that, i be all in favor of upping the range as well as DE one, but if people think dwarf one is bad than DE one should be absolute garbage
    Sure, DE one is a garbage.

However DE have no other options and sometimes even "garbage art piece" is worth picking - for example for Slann sniping.

You would not pick it to engage art duels with empire or VCoast aren't you? Because they have cost-efficient artillery which is superior
    Ranked top#20 mp
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 673
    edited September 20
    With beta demis are back to their old selves terrorizing anything without antilarge AND AP.

Bolt throwers just generally suck across all rosters DE HE have added utility but why spend so much on something that’s not needed.
  • AfghanMambaAfghanMamba Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    Bruh have we been using the same ark of sotek? It’s really strong now. Also the feral version is 650 and the ark is 1000. A bit off from double it’s cost.

Bruh have we been using the same ark of sotek? It’s really strong now. Also the feral version is 650 and the ark is 1000. A bit off from double it’s cost.

Yep not to mention that feral verion does not have an active attack, no ranged attack, and has.....Rampage
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
    Night goblin archers (fanatics) are useless since the change to fanatics. They need a change
  • Hanzo11Hanzo11 Registered Users Posts: 139

Yep not to mention that feral verion does not have an active attack, no ranged attack, and has.....Rampage
    I am a little confused on this. What is meant by active attack ? I've not heard that term come up before. Also I can't recall either bastiladon unit having a ranged attack other than when the ark activates its skill and the range it has around the unit itself.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748
    Hanzo11 said:

I am a little confused on this. What is meant by active attack ? I've not heard that term come up before. Also I can't recall either bastiladon unit having a ranged attack other than when the ark activates its skill and the range it has around the unit itself.
    Skinks on top throw javalins.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 673
    Does that skink attack still ignore ammo consumption btw?
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748

Who knows, i think they have seperate ammo pool. Some thing like close to 100. Could be wrong and duck can may be clarify
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
    Hanzo11 said:

Active ability is what i meant and since it does dmg...i just called it an attack, the poison DOT, skinks on top actually shoot and it does matter, not so much for the dmg they deal BUT they do apply poison to targets, meaning that any monster or unit in melee or near the arc gets affected by poison.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 771
    saweendra said:

Who knows, i think they have seperate ammo pool. Some thing like close to 100. Could be wrong and duck can may be clarify
    A lot of the big dinos do indeed have a secondary ammo pool for the skink riders. Most of them have 60 secondary ammo, Bastiladon (Solar Engine) has 70 secondary ammo, and the Dread Saurian has 180 secondary ammo.
  • y4g3ry4g3r Registered Users Posts: 503
    They should remove the poison from the secondary attacks.