Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I would like so see more female Chaos generic lords and heroes

Comments

• EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 580
    Is it lowest right and lowest middle?

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,937
    Wargol5 said:

Slender shoulders, wider hip. Would be recognizable.

This rule doesn't apply to generic chaos lords, especially the mutated ones.

So all the Chaos Lords we've been seeing until now could just be dudettes then? You think it's impossible to portray a female chaos lord?

Are people for freakin' real here?

If you don't want chaosgals because you are afraid of cooties, say so. These ad hoc excuses are getting more than just a tad sad.
  • duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 331
    Just a lore reminder: Archaon was a templar before he became the creature of chaos we know and he was a very strong warrior. Chaos obviously chooses the most prominent warriors, not just any random dude who wants to join their army and fall into chaos.

More Women as legendary lords? Look we have Katarina for Kislev, the female dragon empress for Cathay...it's a 50/50 ratio.
    What about chaos? War has always been and will always be the domain of men because men are simply stronger. It is a physiological fact.

Of course, some exceptions are welcome, but the ideal would be ¾ men ¼ women to meet two basic principles:

-This is a game about war, about the use of brute force, about the use of armour, shields, heavy weapons, and warlike passion that is (mostly) a man's thing. Do I really need to elaborate and explain?

-The Warhammer/Total war fan community is about 90% male (and I'm sure I still overestimate the number of women). And it is easier for a man to identify himself with a man when playing. For some people it's a basic strategy game where you have to play against each other like on a chess board, for others, it's a role-playing game where you get totally immersed in the universe and where you take pleasure in identifying with one of the characters.
    Personally, I can't play a female legendary lord because I can't identify with them and that's normal, I'm not a woman. There's nothing wrong with saying that. Women find it hard to put themselves in a man's shoes and that's normal too. (Why the princess in Disney animations are always women?)

That's why it should be 75% men, 25% women and everyone would be happy.
    There would be enough choice for men and enough female Lords to attract more women into the game and give a minimum of choice.

I've never played Carcassonne because of the Fay Enchantress and yet I like that faction and its colours and I think it's a pity.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,046
    edited September 20

Personally, I can't play a female legendary lord because I can't identify with them and that's normal, I'm not a woman.

So you can only play as the Empire LLs, half of Bretonnia LLs, Archaon, and Wulfric?

Edit: Ooops forgot Sigvald. But its tradition to forget about Slaanesh related stuff in Warhammer
    edited September 20
    Man, I guess I need to stop playing Skaven then, because I'm not a ratman.
  • ElkantroElkantro Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited September 20

Eh guys if you see actually tzeentch has a women sorcerer hero on one of the new images posted after cathay trailer, and if you see its clearly its a female character

this image, to be clear
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,463
    @duglandtoto

I am in the same boat like you, I only play male characters. In warhammer I recruit female units and lords but my faction leader has to be male. I role play my whole campaign so I choose someone I can immerse myself into.

That goes also with all other games, I need a male lead and like you said it is nothing wrong with. Everyone has his own taste.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 7,046
    Elkantro said:

Eh guys if you see actually tzeentch has a women sorcerer hero on one of the new images posted after cathay trailer, and if you see its clearly its a female character

this image, to be clear

You talking about this?

"Clearly" is a stretch to me. It looked kinda like a cross between the 3 armed tzeentch generic character and the Changeling. It could be female but its hard to tell
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,362

@duglandtoto

I am in the same boat like you, I only play male characters. In warhammer I recruit female units and lords but my faction leader has to be male. I role play my whole campaign so I choose someone I can immerse myself into.

That goes also with all other games, I need a male lead and like you said it is nothing wrong with. Everyone has his own taste.

Sure, but that's an argument against making every Chaos Warrior female (which nobody is suggesting), not an argument against adding a few instance of women in the race(s).

Having females as choices for a few LLs and generic Lords (for instance, the Tzeentch mortal Lord could be a sorceress instead of a sorcerer) would hardly feel out of place. Mixed units of Warriors doesn't seem likely however as CA hasn't done that even for units that could be mixed in the TT, mostly Elves. Presumably that's also due to animation and unit recognizability concerns.
    Jastalll said:

@duglandtoto

Sure, but that's an argument against making every Chaos Warrior female (which nobody is suggesting), not an argument against adding a few instance of women in the race(s).

Having females as choices for a few LLs and generic Lords (for instance, the Tzeentch mortal Lord could be a sorceress instead of a sorcerer) would hardly feel out of place. Mixed units of Warriors doesn't seem likely however as CA hasn't done that even for units that could be mixed in the TT, mostly Elves. Presumably that's also due to animation and unit recognizability concerns.
    Yes and I agreed to this a couple of comments ago to some extent (no lord choices locked behind a gender and no mixed units for Chaos for me).
    I only said that I play in the same way like duglandtoto, btw he is also not against implementing women.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,448
    Using your own inability to play anything but male characters as an excuse to exclude females where its lore friendly is just icky
    Icky icky

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
    Reeks said:

Using your own inability to play anything but male characters as an excuse to exclude females where its lore friendly is just icky
    Icky icky

Who said that?
  • VernichterVernichter Registered Users Posts: 103

Just a lore reminder: Archaon was a templar before he became the creature of chaos we know and he was a very strong warrior. Chaos obviously chooses the most prominent warriors, not just any random dude who wants to join their army and fall into chaos.

More Women as legendary lords? Look we have Katarina for Kislev, the female dragon empress for Cathay...it's a 50/50 ratio.
    What about chaos? War has always been and will always be the domain of men because men are simply stronger. It is a physiological fact.

Of course, some exceptions are welcome, but the ideal would be ¾ men ¼ women to meet two basic principles:

-This is a game about war, about the use of brute force, about the use of armour, shields, heavy weapons, and warlike passion that is (mostly) a man's thing. Do I really need to elaborate and explain?

-The Warhammer/Total war fan community is about 90% male (and I'm sure I still overestimate the number of women). And it is easier for a man to identify himself with a man when playing. For some people it's a basic strategy game where you have to play against each other like on a chess board, for others, it's a role-playing game where you get totally immersed in the universe and where you take pleasure in identifying with one of the characters.
    Personally, I can't play a female legendary lord because I can't identify with them and that's normal, I'm not a woman. There's nothing wrong with saying that. Women find it hard to put themselves in a man's shoes and that's normal too. (Why the princess in Disney animations are always women?)

There would be enough choice for men and enough female Lords to attract more women into the game and give a minimum of choice.

I've never played Carcassonne because of the Fay Enchantress and yet I like that faction and its colours and I think it's a pity.

Please don't argue that you should have less playable women just because the audience is mostly male. Not all straight men want to identify with their character. Not all men identify with a figure through gender.

More importantly, not all players consider the LLs to be their main characters. When I have a confederation with the Dark Elves, I don't have to identify with every single character. Some are just sidekicks. And especially as a straight man, I don't have to look at man's butt all the time.

Percentages? There are so many races and LLs. There is really more than enough choice to have. What do I mind if a few female characters are added?
    People get upset about what I said, mistakenly believing that I totally exclude female characters.
    I never said that.
    I'm fine with adding some but I want male characters to remain the majority because this is a war game, and war is for men, whether you like it or not.
    Immersion is also important and I am a man. So yeah, there's nothing wrong with saying I prefer male characters, that's my right.

In a princess game. You'll have mostly female characters and guess what? I'm okay with that too.

Let's calm down a bit. The guy who created this thread is asking for our opinion and asking us to discuss this topic, so I'm just giving my opinion on this. It's not a big deal and there is no need to say nonsense like: "We're not going to take all the girls out of the game just because you have a psychological disorder".

People need to relax seriously.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,065
    If you can't play a woman in a strategy game because you're a male that's a you problem.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• MrSir231MrSir231 Registered Users Posts: 57
    I don't try to manifest myself in any of the characters. They're tools for me to use, nothing more

I'm fine with adding some but I want male characters to remain the majority because this is a war game, and war is for men, whether you like it or not.
    Immersion is also important and I am a man. So yeah, there's nothing wrong with saying I prefer male characters, that's my right.

In a princess game. You'll have mostly female characters and guess what? I'm okay with that too.

Let's calm down a bit. The guy who created this thread is asking for our opinion and asking us to discuss this topic, so I'm just giving my opinion on this. It's not a big deal and there is no need to say nonsense like: "We're not going to take all the girls out of the game just because you have a psychological disorder".

Know what? You are also not a friggin' fantasy warrior riding on a Gryphon swinging a magical warhammer. You are not a Chaos Lord who has beckoned evil gods for power and whose mind and body was warped by unnatural energies. You are not a three meter high fungus man whose entire mind is only focussed on brawling and you are not a one point five meter tall bearded midget that takes offense at everything (OK, last part is at least in the realm of the possible).

All those things are way more outlandish than ladybits.
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792

People get upset about what I said, mistakenly believing that I totally exclude female characters.
    I never said that.

Women are part of war in the Warhammer world, that's how it's always been. Even back in the 80s and 90s there were plenty of female characters. Sure, you don't personally like 'too many' female characters but as you can see from the response the rest of us don't care as long as they are interesting and fun to play.

Not forgetting that there's few warriors more potent than a Sister of Silence.

I never said that.

Women are part of war in the Warhammer world, that's how it's always been. Even back in the 80s and 90s there were plenty of female characters. Sure, you don't personally like 'too many' female characters but as you can see from the response the rest of us don't care as long as they are interesting and fun to play.

And it is your right to think that.

But Can I say my opinion? Or should we answer only if we agree with OP? Because in that case it will make things easier: no talks, no arguments, We just make thread to state something and lock the thread just after.

Is that what you guys want?

If you guys can't accept people can have other views than yours then what's the point of talking then? OP should add: Everyone MUST agree with me and that's it, end of story.

Jesus Christ.

I never said that.

"War is for men" hmmm...

That's why 40K's fastest rising faction is female.

It's your opinion but at the same time it goes both ways. You can't exactly claim surprise that people dispute your claim that war in Warhammer is for men, and that this game isn't for women.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

I never said that.

"War is for men" hmmm...

It's your opinion but at the same time it goes both ways. You can't exactly claim surprise that people dispute your claim that war in Warhammer is for men, and that this game isn't for women.
    Of course every post can be discussed but it should be respectful without all the mockery some user bring up here.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    edited September 20

Yeah that’s why I can’t play skaven, I’m not a rat and can’t role play and get into it cause I’m human.
    Lizardmen, no way, I just don’t know what it’s like being a lizard.
    I really like vampire pirates, but not being dead is a barrier to playing them.
    Sensible logic?

I never said that.

"War is for men" hmmm...

Of course every post can be discussed but it should be respectful without all the mockery some user bring up here.
    I agree with that. I'm just pointing out that opinions go both ways.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,804
    Bullying is obviously not okay but you can't just drop an opinion into a forum and then expect no discussion or disagreement. If you post, "there should be less female legendary lords because I can't play female characters", I can promise that the response you receive will not be in your favor. If any criticism or disagreement is too much for you, don't open it up to discussion in the first place.

Again though, bullying isn't okay. Wouldn't call anything so far bullying.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,638

I never said that.

No, you only want to mostly exclude female characters since they must be kept to a minimum based on an arbitrary % set by you so your experience is not impacted by their presence.

You are indeed prefectly free to state your preferences but like it or not do not expect them to go unchallenged or without comment on a public forum.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,105
    I love how each thread about females always reach boiling point :D

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,638

Correction, _You_would be happy with that ratio, what makes the rest of us happy or unhappy is not up to you to decide.

It is also interesting that you standard is that 'men' should have 'enough' of a choice while female players should be given only a 'minimum'.
    I've always found quotas and ratios stupid. Just give me the best stuff you can, I don't care about Gender. Assigning ratios is just icky.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792

I never said that.

And it is your right to think that.

But Can I say my opinion? Or should we answer only if we agree with OP? Because in that case it will make things easier: no talks, no arguments, We just make thread to state something and lock the thread just after.

Is that what you guys want?

If you guys can't accept people can have other views than yours then what's the point of talking then? OP should add: Everyone MUST agree with me and that's it, end of story.

Jesus Christ.
    You can say your opinion as much as you like but, if you say it on a public and active forum expect your opinions to be questioned as everyone else's opinions get questioned.

If you don't like your opinions being questioned find someone who you know agrees with you and PM them about it.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,216

Again, magic exists, again hyper advanced technology exist, as well as very real gods. The Empire doesn't have a fertility issue, if anything it's the high death rate from disease, famine, and war that's the problem. Now obviously you need a high birthrate to counteract that, but you can still have women in fighting and holding roles beyond being mothers.

Not at all, that is why you didn't have females in many other roles in civilizations where the death rates are high - again barring some anomalies. Only a society with low death rates can really permit the emancipation of females, which is precisely what happened in our world. But still that results in low birth rates as well.
    Except that never happened in our world. Whenever there's a drastic change in population so disasterous that it ruins civilization, it almost always due natural disaster or war, not fertility or women. In fact, many Bronze Age and Iron Age cultures like the Harrapan Indians, Celts, Egyptians, Minoans, Zhou, and Maya, just to name a few, showed relative or comparatively high rates of gender equality and women's agency as something other than mother, such as doctor, monarch, lawyer, priest, trader, or artisan. It's almost all a matter of cultural and social proclivities, not hard biological rules. The fact that non-agrarian, hunter-gatherer societies are generally egalitarian proves that.
This discussion has been closed.