Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Kislev Roster

2»

Comments

• SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,646
    Kislev play style will be: Honey for the Bear God!
  • prueba_holaprueba_hola Registered Users Posts: 8
    No fly units ?
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,488
    edited September 18

No fly units ?

Designed to have none i believe, seperates them from the other humans, which is nice
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,183
    yst said:

No fly units ?

Designed to have none i believe, seperates them from the other humans, which is nice
    To be fair. They’ll have no problem dealing with flying units themselves, considering every single unit in the army will be able to fill the sky with bullets and arrows should any flying unit be stupid enough to fly overhead.
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 671
    So only one true skirmish unit though that’s actually potentially pretty rough. Bear cavalry though is likely the most versatile heavy cavalry in the game hits hard vs everything is clearly the best heal target. Healing and monstrous cavalry is still my favorite things.

So only one true skirmish unit though that’s actually potentially pretty rough. Bear cavalry though is likely the most versatile heavy cavalry in the game hits hard vs everything is clearly the best heal target. Healing and monstrous cavalry is still my favorite things.

Unlikely, i dont think kislev even have strong heal capabilities, not only that high hp means low stats, a better target r those with low hp high stats like elves. Maybe something on spirit bear if its worth it
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 1,093
    yst said:

Unlikely, i dont think kislev even have strong heal capabilities, not only that high hp means low stats, a better target r those with low hp high stats like elves. Maybe something on spirit bear if its worth it
    In the gameplay footage we've seen, the Patriarch heal ability healed 15% HP to affected units, IIRC. Given that it costs no magic and is just on a CD, that seems pretty strong.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,656
    Asamu said:

yst said:

In the gameplay footage we've seen, the Patriarch heal ability healed 15% HP to affected units, IIRC. Given that it costs no magic and is just on a CD, that seems pretty strong.
    And its AoE heal so any thing around a radious is healed 15% of their Hp.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
    Asamu said:

Oh wow, % heal. Too early to tell

Vigor is going to break kislev if they r left at current broken state. U be playing with an entire exhausted army, weak and useless due to their duality function. Then end up with yet another broken power bar due to how heavy it penalise range units.

Altho the faction does seems like its been designed with flag capture as core. Should be a fun faction, hopefully
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 671
    I mean it’s still a heavy missile faction it’s going to have good matchups by default whether or not will they necessarily be a high tier faction is impossible to judge right now.
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 582
    Asamu said:

yst said:

Why r ppl expecting kislev units to be expensive. Kislev r FORCED hybrid, u DO NOT GET REGULAR VERSION, they DONT exists.

Swordsman and militia r only $50 difference. What u be getting is hybrid with REGULAR hp.

Surely that has to be the case, I cannot imagine anyone would be stupid enough to make a faction that’s entirely a copy and paste of militias and seaguard. May as well delete the faction. It would be extremely stupid if a normal kislev army r around 400 men only

In which currently 2 shielded seaguard gets owned by 2 spearman + 1 archer. Kislev should be the reverse. If they cannot do that this factions r a complete and utter trash

In the preview battle that's been shown, Kossars had 68 entities per unit, and the spear variant cost 475. If the stats remain as they are, they'll be marginally better than most hybrid infantry from other factions.

Kossars had:
    71hp/entity (4828 on large/6390 on ultra)
    15 armour
    67 or 68 leadership (72, but seems to be buffed by a nearby hero/lord)
    28 melee attack
    26 melee defense
    28 weapon strength
    12 charge bonus
    20 ammo
    140 range
    20 dp/10
    They aren't tagged as weak vs armour, so probably have ~4 AP/~14 base damage and a 9s reload time, or maybe a 9.9s reload like Arrer boyz with 20 damage total.

Compared to empire swordsmen, they have +2hp/entity, +7-8 leadership, -4 melee attack, -6 melee defense, and -2 CB, and come with ~75% of the entities. They'd get smashed in combat, and cost at least 50 more. Unless they can get some value kiting or have some support. 4x Kossars vs ~5 empire swordsmen might go the way of the Kossars if they focus fire 2 units down, especially if they kite a bit to delay melee, but... we have no reason to think Kislev units are going to be THAT much better than sea guard in terms of cost efficiency. They're probably only marginally better.

Spear Kossar had:
    20 melee attack
    30 melee defense
    25 weapon strength
    4 CB
    They probably have a more normal attack interval than empire spearmen, but otherwise have pretty similar stats, and would probably be valued around 350 for a 90 entity unit without shooting, but they're a 68 entity unit and cost 475.

Streltsi are a bit more weighted towards combat, being identical to handgunners at range, but with 2 less ammunition, 5 less range, and decent melee stats: 77hp/e(5236 on large), 75-76 leadership, 70 armour, 28MA, 28MD, 34WS, 12 CB, armour, and AP, at a cost of 200 more.
    Their melee stats are substantially worse than longbeards with great weapons (-2 melee attack, -10 melee defense, -6CB, and 90% entities)

Again, they'll probably lose to similarly costed infantry if they can't make good use of their missiles. Saurus will take them down as long as they're able to close the distance with ~50-60% of their HP left, given their better combat stats/HP.

4v4 Streltsi vs Saurus, the streltsi might be able to win by focus firing one unit down, then kiting, before letting things get to melee.

In general, Kislev units have VERY high leadership, especially when you factor in their +16 leadership when HP drops below 50%.

Of course, that's all just what's been shown from an alpha build. Obviously stats/costs are subject to change, though they probably won't change too significantly.
    Good info but the Kossar armor is debuffed by 15 I think by a map effect since most of the footage we have is from before the first capture point was taken. Doesn't change much overall. On a per entity basis they're solid shooting units with slightly reduced range and passable melee combatants. Definitely not the best of both worlds but I'd say they look to be ahead of seaguard in terms of efficiency. Making use of missiles to soften up enemy infantry will be vital, and I imagine cavalry dominance will be very important to further even the odds in a melee engagement. Potentially the hybrid nature of the infantry will make it easier to field a large cav force to win the flanks and then even the odds on the infantry engagements. Magic is going to be a big factor in army composition though and speculating with only half of the spells known seems difficult.