Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

For perfection: During first 3 years, 5 releases per year for W3

EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
People should demand 2 campaign packs and 3 LPs per year for at least the first 4 years, it would mean (assuming preorder is Ogre Kingdoms):

1st year

Undead Legion campaign pack (CP)
Kislev vs Khorne
Cathay vs Tzeentch
Chaos Dwarves campaign pack (CP)
Empire vs Nurgle

2nd year
Dogs of War campaign pack (CP)
Norska vs Kislev
Slaanesh vs Dwarves
Hobgoblins Kanate campaign pack (CP)
Cathay vs Vampire Counts

3rd year
Divine Kingdom of Nippon (CP)
Khorne vs Greenskins
Tzeentch vs Tomb Kings
Serpent Realm of Kuresh (CP)
Cathay vs Skaven
---------------------------------------------------------------
In 4th year we lose 1 CP per year:

4th year
Golden Kingdom of Ind (CP)
Undivided Chaos Warriors vs High Elves
Slaanesh vs Dark Elves
Kislev vs Wood Elves
Cathay vs Vampirates

-------------
Since 5th year we lose 1 annually release

CP
LP
LP
LP

I think the result would be good for everyone, also you should consider one FLC LL will be for monogods and kislev and cathay on each release. None will feel abandoned. Since year 5 they can slow to 4 releases per year if they want, but the first 4 years are very important to have 5 releases per year (3 LP and 2 CP). Also, since year 4, only 1 CP per year would be needed. (Albion, Amazons, Sea Elves, Fishmen, Centaurs?, Gnobblar Hordes, Halfings...) everything can be accomplished in 10 years of DLC support.

new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

MONOBLOODLINES:
/Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
/Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
/Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
/Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

Tomb Kings:
Apophas
(Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
/Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL

Comments

  • warhydra1313warhydra1313 Registered Users Posts: 277
    IMO Put undead legion in the end,Khuresh & Nippon in year 2 and DOW In Year 4
    Team Hobgoblins,Team Ogre Kingdoms,Team Chaos Dwarfs,Team Nippon,Team Khuresh,Team Jade-Blood,#AlarielleIsNotMyEverqueen
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 434
    edited September 22
    unlikely. we will get 1 campaign pack (not per year, in total). [edit: assuming ogres are preorder.]
    maximum of 3 lord packs per year, more likely 2, for 3 years, afterwards ca will leave for greener pastures.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,102
    Lol we ain't getting 5 a year, I'd say 3 max as that's what we got with WH2 pre covid
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,488
    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    Not happening, like at all, that is so far from realistic it is ridiculous.

    At best we might get a DLC every 3 months, that is the most optimistic scenario IMO. I am hoping we get that at least for the first wave of releases (all cores get a LP, 2 CPs) though due to the greater number of races meaning if we have a WH2 schedule it would be about 2 years before all of the cores have had a LP and before we move on to X-LPs.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    KN_Gars said:

    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)

    I mean, if a lot of the core team go into the DLC team, or alternately form a second DLC team (so each team takes the normal 4 months but the DLC releases alternate between teams), then speed could be massively sped up without impacting quality, even theoretically to 2 month gaps. The question is, is this realistic?
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    Goatforce said:

    KN_Gars said:

    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)

    I mean, if a lot of the core team go into the DLC team, or alternately form a second DLC team (so each team takes the normal 4 months but the DLC releases alternate between teams), then speed could be massively sped up without impacting quality, even theoretically to 2 month gaps. The question is, is this realistic?
    it is realistic, also CA said w3 release is not the last piece of warhammer, instead CA wants we think its the beginning. They have the idea of updating all to w3 standards and also giving new races, that's the only way: selling more often.

    new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

    MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

    Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,764
    I like 4 LPs for Cathay.

    2 for Slaaaanesh? Seems a touch unlikely. I expect them to get 1 vs HE and be done for a while.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

    "Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

    "I like small words" - Winsy C

    Forum Terms & Conditions

    I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 218
    By the Lady, OP is going to make me say it.

    I just want one Bretonnian DLC.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    Equix said:

    Goatforce said:

    KN_Gars said:

    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)

    I mean, if a lot of the core team go into the DLC team, or alternately form a second DLC team (so each team takes the normal 4 months but the DLC releases alternate between teams), then speed could be massively sped up without impacting quality, even theoretically to 2 month gaps. The question is, is this realistic?
    it is realistic, also CA said w3 release is not the last piece of warhammer, instead CA wants we think its the beginning. They have the idea of updating all to w3 standards and also giving new races, that's the only way: selling more often.
    That doesn't say anything about the speed of releases at all, just that they are supporting for a long time.

    No it is not the only way, supporting the game for a long time means lots of DLC and lots of reworks. But they have never said they are updating to WH3 standard at all. Where are you getting that, or are you just making it up?
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    edited September 22
    Goatforce said:

    Equix said:

    Goatforce said:

    KN_Gars said:

    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)

    I mean, if a lot of the core team go into the DLC team, or alternately form a second DLC team (so each team takes the normal 4 months but the DLC releases alternate between teams), then speed could be massively sped up without impacting quality, even theoretically to 2 month gaps. The question is, is this realistic?
    it is realistic, also CA said w3 release is not the last piece of warhammer, instead CA wants we think its the beginning. They have the idea of updating all to w3 standards and also giving new races, that's the only way: selling more often.
    That doesn't say anything about the speed of releases at all, just that they are supporting for a long time.

    No it is not the only way, supporting the game for a long time means lots of DLC and lots of reworks. But they have never said they are updating to WH3 standard at all. Where are you getting that, or are you just making it up?
    It's logical they do it when a dlc for an old race is released. They did some test and have seen many old things benefit from new lights and shades, but this is also saying the things that dont will need update. Mechanics is the same, they did it in w2, they'll do again in w3.

    Faster dlcs helps paying updates for everyone, its all win win. Also people lostes interest if they have to wait four monts and the last two dlcs didnt were their favorite.

    new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

    MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

    Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 358
    There are no more Campaign Packs afaik?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,082
    Equix said:

    Goatforce said:

    Equix said:

    Goatforce said:

    KN_Gars said:

    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)

    I mean, if a lot of the core team go into the DLC team, or alternately form a second DLC team (so each team takes the normal 4 months but the DLC releases alternate between teams), then speed could be massively sped up without impacting quality, even theoretically to 2 month gaps. The question is, is this realistic?
    it is realistic, also CA said w3 release is not the last piece of warhammer, instead CA wants we think its the beginning. They have the idea of updating all to w3 standards and also giving new races, that's the only way: selling more often.
    That doesn't say anything about the speed of releases at all, just that they are supporting for a long time.

    No it is not the only way, supporting the game for a long time means lots of DLC and lots of reworks. But they have never said they are updating to WH3 standard at all. Where are you getting that, or are you just making it up?
    It's logical they do it when a dlc for an old race is released. They did some test and have seen many old things benefit from new lights and shades, but this is also saying the things that dont will need update. Mechanics is the same, they did it in w2, they'll do again in w3.

    Faster dlcs helps paying updates for everyone, its all win win. Also people lostes interest if they have to wait four monts and the last two dlcs didnt were their favorite.
    Completely opposite from the reality of WH2. WH2's DLCs were always massively popular, even when we had to wait 6-7 months for a DLC over 3 years into the game's lifetime. Also massively increasing resources in the WH DLC team means less resources for other projects, which may be a silly thing for CA to do as current DLC model is doing them just fine. If they do massively jack up DLC production it will probably be temporary whilst the WH3 team is not all needed for work on the next Fantasy project. You seem to be just making up reasons based on no evidence to justify your point.

    They will keep updating imo, but there is literally nothing confirming it atm, and nothing to say that updates will be to a new WH3 standard.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,357

    By the Lady, OP is going to make me say it.

    I just want one Bretonnian DLC.

    I just want the Lady’s bath water :/
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 218
    ROMOBOY said:

    By the Lady, OP is going to make me say it.

    I just want one Bretonnian DLC.

    I just want the Lady’s bath water :/
    I just want this meme to die.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,357

    ROMOBOY said:

    By the Lady, OP is going to make me say it.

    I just want one Bretonnian DLC.

    I just want the Lady’s bath water :/
    I just want this meme to die.
    Understandable.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

    Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Undead legion as first dlc🤢?

    I'm all for more content. I am not a fan of 2 dlc per year (if we are lucky). This whole multiple teams thing isn’t working for me lol. **Unless they break the teams by TWW dlc types—I’m all for that!!
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,102
    Goatforce said:

    KN_Gars said:

    You really like quantity over quality? And that kind of release pace would just oversaturate the market. People with actual lives or otherwise limited gaming time would not have time to enjoy one DLC properly until the next was released. Not to mention all the bugs and balance problems. Last but not least mods breaking 5 times a year could very well create an intolerable situation for the modders and kill a number of mods. (As well as being a real pain for those of us who rely on mods to enjoy the game)

    I mean, if a lot of the core team go into the DLC team, or alternately form a second DLC team (so each team takes the normal 4 months but the DLC releases alternate between teams), then speed could be massively sped up without impacting quality, even theoretically to 2 month gaps. The question is, is this realistic?
    Split teams would be a stupid idea, it's waay to hard to work on a project like this. You saw what happened with Norsca, things overlap for too much. Also the more people you throw at something does not equate to faster times.

    I think 4 months will be the bare minimum between lord packs. Realistically I think all we can hope for is bigger and better packs not quicker packs
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,392
    2-3 per year is realistic. 5 is frankly lunacy.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    MrDragon said:

    2-3 per year is realistic. 5 is frankly lunacy.

    you are so new, in W1 we had DLCs every 2 months

    new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

    MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

    Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,958
    I can imagine that we will get just these DLCs for Warhammer 3:
    • Pre-order bonus(probably Ogre Kingdoms)
    • 2 campaign packs(Chaos Dwarfs and Dogs of War are obvious choices with own army books)
    • 3 Classic lord packs with missing ROR units(Khorne vs Kislev, Tzeentch vs Cathay and Nurgle vs Slaanesh)
    • 6 Cross lord packs
    This is already content for 4-5 years. If we will be really lucky, maybe we will get more cross lord packs, more campaign packs or new type of DLC with main focus to add missing characters to the game.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,771
    That's your own personal idea of perfection OP, I'd say mine would be a lot more scaled back from that.
    • I'm interested in getting the planned Lord/Unit expansions for Chaos as early as possible - I'm not really interested in them unless I can run mortal-heavy rosters (this is assuming they do something about the warrior models being more than recolours)
    • I'd like to see them revisit the Campaign/Race/Lord pack model, do something that allows for adding some additional themes to existing races without needing to squeeze in some SEM into every pack (eg something like Middenland 'skin' for Empire or Blood Dragon 'skin' for VC, that changes the look of all the existing units and adds some mechanics, but doesn't add new units)
    • I certainly don't fancy £60-70 of DLC each year, BUT I would like to know their plans up front as much as possible (eg target 2 or 3 releases per year alongside patches)
    • I personally can do without Ind/Kuresh/Nippon

    Just my personal wishlist
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,392
    Equix said:

    MrDragon said:

    2-3 per year is realistic. 5 is frankly lunacy.

    you are so new, in W1 we had DLCs every 2 months
    And remember what those DLCs were like?
    I do, you apparently do not.
    Quality > Quantity
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,488
    Equix said:

    MrDragon said:

    2-3 per year is realistic. 5 is frankly lunacy.

    you are so new, in W1 we had DLCs every 2 months
    And those DLC are today widely regarded as the worst made for the game. Even the best of the bunch, King & Warlord is both barebones and obsolete compared to the lord packs we get these days. It took massive updates in a 2nd DLC to get Wood Elves and Beastmen up to WH2 standards and while the legendary lords in Grim & Grave have been updated both lords still lack unique faction mechanics as well as starting positions. In practice there are FLC lords that provide more and better content in terms on the lord & campaign level.

    I for one do not want to see a return to WH1 style DLC just so that they can be released quicker. If anything it would be a good way to kill interest in the game.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    I want W1 speed and W2/W3 quality, they can improve, the W2 shouldn't be the roof, productivity can evolve for better.

    new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

    MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

    Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    I don't think we'll get this much DLCs each year, but I agree that at some points, if CA is really adamant on celebrating Warhammer, there's gonna need to be a change in DLC paradigm.

    We have Ogres, CDs, Nagash and DoWs who all need to come in one form or another.

    Then we have 6 core races to makes DLC for.

    Then, we have Empire, Greenskins, High Elves, Skavens and Chaos who are still missing core units

    Then, we have Vampires, Norsca, Tomb Kings and Dwarfs who could each use a DLC to finish their races nicely.

    That's 10 LPs minimum, + 3-4 Campaign packs. It's too much.

    There's an easy solution tho ! 3-sided LPs, with less units !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    Maelas said:

    I don't think we'll get this much DLCs each year, but I agree that at some points, if CA is really adamant on celebrating Warhammer, there's gonna need to be a change in DLC paradigm.

    We have Ogres, CDs, Nagash and DoWs who all need to come in one form or another.

    Then we have 6 core races to makes DLC for.

    Then, we have Empire, Greenskins, High Elves, Skavens and Chaos who are still missing core units

    Then, we have Vampires, Norsca, Tomb Kings and Dwarfs who could each use a DLC to finish their races nicely.

    That's 10 LPs minimum, + 3-4 Campaign packs. It's too much.

    There's an easy solution tho ! 3-sided LPs, with less units !

    Maybe they will do something like this, the problem is everyone has their favorites and when much time passes and your favorites get nothing you tend to get angrier with slow big shiny releases for races you don't care or even dislike more if they are the most hatred rivals of your favorites. Only more often releases can deliver something for everyone.

    new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

    MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

    Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,488
    Equix said:

    I want W1 speed and W2/W3 quality, they can improve, the W2 shouldn't be the roof, productivity can evolve for better.

    That is called "Having your cake and eating it too" not to mention that your "evolved productivity" is just a polished phrase for bad working conditions and constant crunch. It does not lead to quality products in the rest of the gaming industry so why should it work for CA?
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,391
    KN_Gars said:

    Equix said:

    I want W1 speed and W2/W3 quality, they can improve, the W2 shouldn't be the roof, productivity can evolve for better.

    That is called "Having your cake and eating it too" not to mention that your "evolved productivity" is just a polished phrase for bad working conditions and constant crunch. It does not lead to quality products in the rest of the gaming industry so why should it work for CA?
    we are talking of a game with much increased budget made also from chinese market, we should demand and expect a proportional productivity evolution from this.

    new Undead Legion Nagash, The Nameless, Dieter Helsnicht and Undead Hag or Dragon Empress LL (kislev or cathay mortach).

    MONOBLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken
    /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep
    /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash
    /Lahmia:zNeferata, Nitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

    Tomb Kings:
    Apophas
    (Craddles of Serpents (new race)) Ind+Amazons+Kuresh Together
    /Fishmen and Sea ElvesFishmen with a few Sea Elves.
    Ogre Kingdoms with gut magic and a Gnobblar LL
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 944
    The thing I hate about these lists is this obsessive assumption that “everything needs to be equal!!!”

    Why would Vampirates need something from a Lord pack? They aren’t in anywhere near that same situation Wood Elves and Beastmen were, both rosterwise and lord wise.

    Not all the factions have the same deep pool of UNIQUE lords. I don’t need Nurgle Greater Daemon #3 to where there is virtually no difference from previous LL choices. These Daemon factions may all have a single Lord pack associated with them with an FLC inclusion or two and their done

    And why do I need a Kislev vs Khorne and Cathay vs Tzeentch pack? I would have already played that and seen that played out
Sign In or Register to comment.