Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who is Miao Ying?

Comments

• TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 894
    Yep. Neferata flc for Halloween d be a good relief
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,252
    Short and disappointing... That's what she said
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,245
    I must admit I'm starting to get annoyed with this... it's the 23rd of September and we have had 1 trailer and maybe 1/2 blog posts...

What happened to this...

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,245
    Malruir said:

Let me guess: Next week we'll learn that Zhao Ming rules the western provinces, where he has to deal with skaven and ogres. We will also learn that he is a talented alchemist and that his mind has been damaged a bit, which worries the other siblings a lot. Oh, and he is different from his sister in the north.

We will also learn about how Andy Hall has a son who is really into his chemistry and was/is really popular at school.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,777
    Will she be able run faster compared to humans in human form or does she always need to transform everytime she wants to go to certain point in battlefield?
  • KrocodileKrew212KrocodileKrew212 Registered Users Posts: 312
    This is way too short. If you're going to draw out the major info reveals at least don't make it feel like it's literally dripfed to us...

Not gonna lie the end of this blog "news" felt like this

Hey! Leave Mr. Rogers out of this. He did nothing wrong.
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

"We threatened to grind their bones up to make bread if they didn't pay. Course that's just a threat - it takes too long to grind 'em and most of this lot are just as 'appy to eat'em raw." -- Olag Skullcracker, Ogre Tyrant
  • XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Registered Users Posts: 321

I must admit I'm starting to get annoyed with this... it's the 23rd of September and we have had 1 trailer and maybe 1/2 blog posts...

What happened to this...

The never said it is going to be a pleasant surprise.
    Maybe a delay in news about the game.
    /sarcasm off
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    On a more positive note, I like that we got a little glimpse on the darker side of Cathay, which is the subservience of humans to a dragon aristocracy that govern by might. Nan-Gau Lords having a bit more independance that other lords are barely more than mouthpieces and puppets for the dragons, and even in Nan-Gau, as soon as they speak up, they get slapped back down !
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 132
    I was really hyped after the trailer but this week has been massively disappointing.

I’ve no idea why they announced this in Feb as it’s clear they don’t really want to share much about it!
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    Maelas said:

On a more positive note, I like that we got a little glimpse on the darker side of Cathay, which is the subservience of humans to a dragon aristocracy that govern by might. Nan-Gau Lords having a bit more independance that other lords are barely more than mouthpieces and puppets for the dragons, and even in Nan-Gau, as soon as they speak up, they get slapped back down !

We already knew that from tuesday's blog.

• united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    edited September 23
    Disappointing. Barely any meaningful info there.

If you wanna stall, at least expand Miao Ying's lore or give us partial reveal of the unit rosters.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,991
    Jesus that’s it? It’s almost like they haven’t actually written anything for her and Cathay in general….
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 132
    Xypha said:

This game must be in a very sorry state if this is the most they can give us about the game.
    it is almost as if giving some factual info about characters and or units is not possible.

I wonder if 5-6 delay months will be enough at this point.

It’s definitely got strong Rome 2 vibes going on when they were equally reluctant to share info!

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,873
    Pappa_Fra said:

Xypha said:

This game must be in a very sorry state if this is the most they can give us about the game.
    it is almost as if giving some factual info about characters and or units is not possible.

It’s definitely got strong Rome 2 vibes going on when they were equally reluctant to share info!

That... is actually frightening in how accurate the comparison is.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,111
    edited September 23

What happened to this...

Got pushed back clearly, I think even this was before they decided to definitely delay things internally
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 638

What happened to this...

i assume preorder race will be revealed in january, as the game will most likely release in may.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,991
    Killertut said:

What happened to this...

i assume preorder race will be revealed in january, as the game will most likely release in may.
    My moneys on April. I don’t know how they can call Q2 “early” 2022

Maelas said:

We already knew that from tuesday's blog.

We knew lords were plotting against her. Now we know that merely acting a bit more independent is ground enough to be "reminded of their stations" !

Plus, I like that little tidbit on Nan-Gau, it explains the turmoils and inner conflicts in an organic, realistic way !
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    Xypha said:

It just so happens that today, Wednesday this is what they wanted to share, tomorrow we should get more info on her brother and the day after maybe more. What were you expecting today?
  • Shomy93ssShomy93ss Registered Users Posts: 72
    Marketing for this game has been and still is trash compare to twwh1 and 2. As we saw delayed until 2022 its clear that some suit pushed this way to soon(possible in hopes of does stupid holiday sales) and they don't have all thing ready to shear info and just use stuff that we know from GW. Also calling Settra villain is really weird. He is no angel or good guy but he is not evil ether.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,111

Xypha said:

It just so happens that today, Wednesday this is what they wanted to share, tomorrow we should get more info on her brother and the day after maybe more. What were you expecting today?
    I mean we aren't getting any more news until next week now and it'll likely be a similar article about her brother with barely any info. I like the frequent blogs but this had like no substance
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,228

What happened to this...

3+ month delay.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,777

What happened to this...

I
    Pappa_Fra said:

Xypha said:

CA was generous during Rome 2, remember they were showcasing the weapons, armours, information.

Jesus that’s it? It’s almost like they haven’t actually written anything for her and Cathay in general….

Hey, cut them some slack, they've already written twice more lore for Cathay than they did for Kislev !
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,179
    edited September 23
    She is Meow Meow Ying for me o:)
    BsFG dwarf
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,873
    I actually feel like following the marketing for this game is a waste of time. And that CA is wasting my time.

I'm probably just going to stick to the trailers from now on.

The blogs show nothing, the posters show nothing, the interviewers speak of promises that remain ignored, forgotten or unfulfilled.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    edited September 23
    Good thing Diablo 2 R is out right now.
    Only CA can kill excitement for their game by announcing a new faction and not riding on momentum and keep people xcited.

Also TGS2021. God I could need some Japanese game news to get excited for something else because CA is doing everything in their power to make me not give a flying **** about WH3 at all.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,448

Good thing Diablo 2 R is out right now.
    Only CA can kill excitement for their game by announcing a new faction and not riding on momentum and keep people xcited.

Also TGS2021. God I could need some Japanese game news to get excited for something else because CA is doing everything in their power to make me not give a flying **** about WH3 at all.

Metroid Dread comes out soon so I'm at least looking forward to that. Love me some old-school metroidvania style games
  • CA_AndyCA_Andy Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 65

Malruir said:

Let me guess: Next week we'll learn that Zhao Ming rules the western provinces, where he has to deal with skaven and ogres. We will also learn that he is a talented alchemist and that his mind has been damaged a bit, which worries the other siblings a lot. Oh, and he is different from his sister in the north.

We will also learn about how Andy Hall has a son who is really into his chemistry and was/is really popular at school.
    I do have a son. He's not into chemistry, more's the pity.