Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Southern Realm honesty.

BoriaBoria Registered Users Posts: 311
edited September 23 in General Discussion
I just wish they told us if Southern Realms will ever come as they did with Araby. that way we can either keep them out of the equation.

Araby by itself was a huge chance lost, and I still got to look at those Brettonian Sqatter... I must admit sometimes I wipe them out for no reason.....just for pure dislike of them being there. I don't even settle the cities, I raze them to the ground and let others occupy them.
Post edited by Boria on

Comments

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,361
    They would rather let the fire burn out slowly then try to extinguish it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,196
    edited September 23
    They also haven't told us that Amazons aren't coming.

People will downvote me - but lets all be honest. There are more reasons for Araby not coming then simply time/game mechanics etc....CA/GW don't want anything to do with it anymore; and they want to make that clear.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,760
    ROMOBOY said:

Why? Better to know.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    CA doesn’t talk about anything they will potentially do later. They won’t announce it till they are ready to in case there are changes to the plan later.

Araby was deconfirmed, because they knew they weren’t going to do it. So they weren’t worried about being wrong about future plans.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,361
    Surge_2 said:

ROMOBOY said:

Why? Better to know.
    They’d rather not get burnt. Especially now that they’re already in hot water.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

CA doesn’t talk about anything they will potentially do later. They won’t announce it till they are ready to in case there are changes to the plan later.

Araby was deconfirmed, because they knew they weren’t going to do it. So they weren’t worried about being wrong about future plans.

CA's policy is basically 'Never-say-never'; at least these days.

The fact they did say never for Araby then tells you something about their thoughts on doing it. It's not just "no plans"; they wholly intend to actively avoid it.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,064
    edited September 23

Because out of all the theoretical races, Araby was the one that had a chance, and its only chance was game 2. Killing it off was necessary in that game.

People will downvote me - but lets all be honest. There are more reasons for Araby not coming then simply time/game mechanics etc....CA/GW don't want anything to do with it anymore; and they want to make that clear.

Which doesn't make sense from what we know of GW's development, where they don't really avoid any mentioned of depictions of Araby. The only ones who had something to say about Araby is CA.

But don't worry, Axios. The time will eventually come when they can no longer leave Dogs of War open. CA will eventually say they too are dead.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Because out of all the theoretical races, Araby was the one that had a chance, and its only chance was game 2. Killing it off was necessary in that game.

Which doesn't make sense from what we know of GW's development, where they don't really avoid any mentioned of depictions of Araby. The only ones who had something to say about Araby is CA.

But don't worry, Axios. The time will eventually come when they can no longer leave Dogs of War open. CA will eventually say they too are dead.
    I very much doubt they will ever do that Crossil. Not in that way - nor any other race. More likely they will one day just announce "no more new races". We just must simply see who makes the cut before that.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 944
    Let’s stop putting conjecture on what was said.

“No current plans” is not a “never”. You can take that as a you think that means never, but it’s misrepresenting what was said to say they said “never”

“No current plans” is not a “never”. You can take that as a you think that means never, but it’s misrepresenting what was said to say they said “never”

Okay.... but the wording doesn't make any difference. it is still the only race they have ever said that about. Hell if Halflings didn't get that treatment...
    ROMOBOY said:

Surge_2 said:

ROMOBOY said:

Why? Better to know.
    They’d rather not get burnt. Especially now that they’re already in hot water.
    Yeah, in particular when you are still taking in orders and the entire scope of the game isn’t fleshed out. If sales are down, lots of stuff they claimed they’d do might not get done.

If the first two DLC packs get downloaded 10 million times……well…..looks like more are coming
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,815
    I refuse to believe that this trilogy could end with such a giant sour spot as a big placeholder faction dead center in the map
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,620
    Maelas said:

I refuse to believe that this trilogy could end with such a giant sour spot as a big placeholder faction dead center in the map

I will only believe the Southern Realms are dead when they start to fill them out with non placeholders.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,633
    The one saving grace is that CA did outright come out and say "no araby." The fact they haven't done that for DoW/SR implies that it's still on the table of discussion at least.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Registered Users Posts: 786
    edited September 23

CA's policy is basically 'Never-say-never'; at least these days.

The fact they did say never for Araby then tells you something about their thoughts on doing it. It's not just "no plans"; they wholly intend to actively avoid it.
    They didn't say never. They said that they currently have no plan to add Araby into the trilogy.

And they said that because people was asking for Araby day and night. They haven't a word about Amazon because isn't needed.

And since Southern Realms are in the game, unlike Araby and Amazons, I would say there are rather high chances to see them eventually.
    Post edited by Ice_cream on
  • BoriaBoria Registered Users Posts: 311
    Crossil said:

But what about Southern Realms we been waiting on them since WH1, way before we wanted Araby on WH2.
    Maelas said:

Well, at least they share some related units.... but what about Araby... Dang it, what and an eyesore.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I mean, if we're being honest there is no southern realm factions. There is only Tiliea/DOW not this invented tripe that was only created so the Empire can't confederate 3 separate factions.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 936
    It’s possible southern realms could come later down the line . At least from what I read about the border prince They definantly have unique features from what I read about them . I remember reading even their smaller settlements were defended with constant guards and rampart of either Earth or wood , could make for interesting more defensive smaller settlements maybe having a building chain to make them more defensive over other factions . They may not even take a huge amount of work since if I recall border prince lack units above tier 3 so prehaps adding tier 4 and 5 border prince units could be an easy way but then that may not really fit the theme of them as much

An diffrent politic system being electing your lord and heroes into your politics there’s a thing of border princes finding a leader weak with too many or too little people in this position so maybe having to balance who you put in this

Wether border princes is similar to the other 2 I’m not sure though so wether that would work on all 3 I’m not honestly sure
    edited September 23
    Bonutz said:

The one saving grace is that CA did outright come out and say "no araby." The fact they haven't done that for DoW/SR implies that it's still on the table of discussion at least.

I no longer think so, when will they arrive? on WH3? if they didn't arrive on WH1 or WH2 it's most likely they are dead in the water.

While the Vampire Coast addition was a mixed bag of feelings, I personally think Southern Realms would have been better choice, Drowned death and Sartosa could have been Southern realm positions. If we talk about placeholders Awakened and Dreadfleet would have been the perfect Vampire Count's faction.

Many in Reddit and some here including me think Vampire Coast is to blame for Southern Realm's death. if anything Vampire Coast would have been better as a WH3 DLC since there would be more sea.

Important nations that have a lot of important lore of trading with Cathay like Tilea, Estalia to make space for Pirates of the Caribean faction was a bad choice. After Vampire Coast lackluster sales and mixed reviews is when they announced: "No more Race packs" "No Araby" then we had the endless Lord Packs for almost 2 years. Compared to Tomb Kings are sold very badly. once can kind of be determined by the achievements. very few people have Vampire Coast achievements.
    edited September 23
    Nyxilis said:

I mean, if we're being honest there is no southern realm factions. There is only Tiliea/DOW not this invented tripe that was only created so the Empire can't confederate 3 separate factions.

Many have explained like we have DoW cannot be played like they were, Why? DoW was a tabletop battle game, this is a worldwide simulator because they are mercenaries they cannot hold territory, trade diplomacy etc, Now Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes, New World Colonies, Border Princes Confederacy and Sartosa (before it was turned into Zombies) Southern real culture group is needed with the DoW in their faction as a faction mechanic.
    Nyxilis said:

CA is not the first to use that designator/grouping to be clear
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748
    Crossil said:

they can kill dogs of war for all i care but the southern nations of Tilea , Esatalia and border proncess need to get old world update and implemented not shoved in to a fractured empire province crap
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,112
    Boria said:

Araby by itself was a huge chance lost.

Wel i'm not an expert but i would guess CA knows better.

But sure i agree on southern realms.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,559
    edited September 23
    Honest to God...

The Empire should get legendary lord 5, and 6 before we see any more human factions - including additional Cathay and Kislev LL.

... and I don't mean making Volkmar an elector count.
    Boria said:

Nyxilis said:

Many have explained like we have DoW cannot be played like they were, Why? DoW was a tabletop battle game, this is a worldwide simulator because they are mercenaries they cannot hold territory, trade diplomacy etc, Now Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes, New World Colonies, Border Princes Confederacy and Sartosa (before it was turned into Zombies) Southern real culture group is needed with the DoW in their faction as a faction mechanic.
    And those people are just blatantly wrong. Tilea can take and hold territory, they have done this in the lore. Tilea can trade, Tilea is home to the DoW. Even the majority of lord options for the DoW are just Tileans.

Estalia and BP have always been pointless in these discussions.

Nyxilis said:

Doesn't change the only reason that it exists in Total War is so the Empire can't confederate, dumping a bunch of different things they don't want to make their own designations for. They have lil to nothing to do with each other. People just like to champion nonsense.
    Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Doesn't change the only reason that it exists in Total War is so the Empire can't confederate, dumping a bunch of different things they don't want to make their own designations for. They have lil to nothing to do with each other. People just like to champion nonsense.
    Okay... but it doesn't really make much difference. Yes Tilea on the only important one; but estalia and border Princes will share any DLC content tilea gets (if any).
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,064

Then perhaps that you should accept that "No current plans" is also a misrepresentation.

There are currently no plans to add Araby to the Warhammer Trilogy.

The entirety of their plans for the trilogy does not include Araby. It's not so much "current plans" as much as the summation of their intentions for the trilogy.

Maelas said:

I will only believe the Southern Realms are dead when they start to fill them out with non placeholders.
    What, Sartosa wasn't enough?

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,620
    Crossil said:

Maelas said:

What, Sartosa wasn't enough?
    Obviously not.