Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comparison of news gained versus news wanted.

KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,030
CA: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/who-is-miao-ying-cathay-warhammer-3/

One blog about a hero not giving a single piece of information regarding the stuff that matters, aka the in-game stuff.

Paradox: https://www.crusaderkings.com/en/pc/news/dev-diary-74-please-kaiser-can-i-have-some-more?utm_source=stcom-owned&utm_medium=social-owned&utm_content=post&utm_campaign=crki3_ck_20210921_cawe_dd

Showing information about one of their big upcoming DLC.

CA should rebrand from a gaming company to a research company. They could sell books. How to kill video games hype 101 by Creative Assembly. It would sell quite well.

Comments

• KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 434
    the thing is we will probably have to wait for another 8 months for the game to release (expecting mai 2022).

they need to stretch news drops to keep their promise of at least 1 news per week.
    it is also a possibility that large parts of the game are not presentable yet (thus the delay).
    this could either be stuff that is actually not finished or broken or stuff with sup par quality.

quite likely that ca got a bit panicked regarding the warriors of tzeentch reaction and other parts of the rosters are this bland as well, as ca tried to corner cut by using older assets.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,030
    Killertut said:

the thing is we will probably have to wait for another 8 months for the game to release (expecting mai 2022).

they need to stretch news drops to keep their promise of at least 1 news per week.
    it is also a possibility that large parts of the game are not presentable yet (thus the delay).
    this could either be stuff that is actually not finished or broken or stuff with sup par quality.

quite likely that ca got a bit panicked regarding the warriors of tzeentch reaction and other parts of the rosters are this bland as well, as ca tried to corner cut by using older assets.

The worst part is that the tzeentch portion is after they ALREADY announced the delay, so the question is, what the f they have been doing for all those years? They are not showing the siege battles yet, nothing shown regarding diplomacy, new changes, all we have is the MOBA style event battle showed months ago. I am hoping that that was not their big thing that they were relying on.
  • K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 156
    Thanks for CK3 news , looking forward to play the dlc. :love:

CA and paradox are different companies , with different products and different structures. We don't know how they work. If the development isn’t ready to show this yet or they don’t like to show it to us. I am interested what’s already done in development and what’s not. The Demo citadel battle looks fine for me. So it looked „ready" yet. But it was only a little part of the game with 2 out of 7-8 factions. (Incl. pre order race and belakor) and there weren’t all units in the Battle yet.

They have to do siege reworks, diplomacy rework, a lot of maps (incl. siege maps), world map, units, ll's, balancing, ui, motion capture, animations, voice the characters, spells, unique campaigns, etc, etc, etc.

But a lot should already be ready. What is done yet?

Aren’t there other games which they could reuse something? Diplomacy from 3k/Troy and so on.

I am really interested in the dev progress at ca from the start to finished product.

Thanks for CK3 news , looking forward to play the dlc. :love:

CA and paradox are different companies , with different products and different structures. We don't know how they work. If the development isn’t ready to show this yet or they don’t like to show it to us. I am interested what’s already done in development and what’s not. The Demo citadel battle looks fine for me. So it looked „ready" yet. But it was only a little part of the game with 2 out of 7-8 factions. (Incl. pre order race and belakor) and there weren’t all units in the Battle yet.

They have to do siege reworks, diplomacy rework, a lot of maps (incl. siege maps), world map, units, ll's, balancing, ui, motion capture, animations, voice the characters, spells, unique campaigns, etc, etc, etc.

But a lot should already be ready. What is done yet?

Aren’t there other games which they could reuse something? Diplomacy from 3k/Troy and so on.

I am really interested in the dev progress at ca from the start to finished product.

The thing is, if WH3 was ready and just had some re-touching to do, they could easily show a lot of news, unless their entire marketing department has 0 clues what to do. You want to show siege re-work? A ''let's play battle'' showing cathay defending against Tzeentch, a castle battle where Khorne is attacking Kislev or a battle between Tzeentch and Khorne.

Seriously, this alone that I mentioned is 3 weeks in a row.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,975
    Oh right, its Thursday Dev Diary Day. Well we had just last week the Stellaris update so probably no news anyway. Woops, looks like I am wrong.
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/3-1-1-updated-mods-list.1490882/
    Nothing really new, or future informative but hey, list of mods to check out and only half of them ring a bell. I take it ;)

-----Red Dox
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,509
    I gotta admit it, maybe I’m a halfwit cause I’ve been trying to play CK3 yesterday and just can’t get a notion of what to do, thing is it looks like a great game!

*Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,630

I gotta admit it, maybe I’m a halfwit cause I’ve been trying to play CK3 yesterday and just can’t get a notion of what to do, thing is it looks like a great game!

You are not. Really long learning curve, but once you figure **** out its so much fun and addictive as a mf

The funny part is that CK3 is surprisingly easier than CK2. A lot more simplified, yet still super fun. It lacks a lot of the features from CK2 (since it does not have as many DLCs, but they are doing meatier DLCs instead of a bunch of small ones for 3rd) .

You can always find new stuff you didn't know before pretty much every playthrough.

Also don't play with your friends, else they will raid your land while you are far away raiding someone's land and you end up with you having to pay your entire loot to random your family members ( talking from personal experience) .