Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next TROY expansions

Comments

• EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 83
    RafSwi7 said:

jamreal18 said:

RafSwi7 said:

I still want Troilus if only to have another competitor for Priam's heir.

Yeah, I am little sad that we had no FLC heroes (like WH or 3K). If we had them, we would have three more heroes already. Troilus would be a good candidate for a FLC faction.
    Adding more heroes means adding new roster by making more unique units to accompany those heroes as new factions.
    I guess, but they actually wouldn't need to make that many new units depending on who they picked for the FLC. For example take Nestor or Troilus. Nestor could use the same Greek base units as Agamemnon or Diomedes then just have a few unique units added. Troilus would then use the same base roster of Paris and Hector. I think the unique units are the easy part. Picking a mechanic for them is to me more difficult.
    Given our current record, I doubt we will see any FLC heroes. It seems that FLCs are more about expanding the Divine Will system.
    Yeah that's what it looks like. I could also see the FLC taking the form of additional mythic expedition monsters. Plenty more monsters to chose from. I wouldn't mind something like a manticore patriarch/matriarch or the Nemean lion.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,404

RafSwi7 said:

jamreal18 said:

RafSwi7 said:

I still want Troilus if only to have another competitor for Priam's heir.

Yeah, I am little sad that we had no FLC heroes (like WH or 3K). If we had them, we would have three more heroes already. Troilus would be a good candidate for a FLC faction.
    Adding more heroes means adding new roster by making more unique units to accompany those heroes as new factions.
    I guess, but they actually wouldn't need to make that many new units depending on who they picked for the FLC. For example take Nestor or Troilus. Nestor could use the same Greek base units as Agamemnon or Diomedes then just have a few unique units added. Troilus would then use the same base roster of Paris and Hector. I think the unique units are the easy part. Picking a mechanic for them is to me more difficult.
    Given our current record, I doubt we will see any FLC heroes. It seems that FLCs are more about expanding the Divine Will system.
    Yeah that's what it looks like. I could also see the FLC taking the form of additional mythic expedition monsters. Plenty more monsters to chose from. I wouldn't mind something like a manticore patriarch/matriarch or the Nemean lion.
    Yeah, in theory they can add new monster/epic agent with new FLC god.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    FD: Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Liu Zhang, Sun Ce, Yuan Shao.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RTW: Carthage, Egypt, Greek Cities, Macedon, Scipii, Scythia.
    BI: Eastern Roman Empire, Romano-British, Sarmatians, Slavs.
  • Ulfhedinn_Ulfhedinn_ Registered Users Posts: 162

I really want to see a chimera in the game.
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 656
    I hope for Thracian King
    edited September 23
    Lotor12 said:

I hope for Thracian King

Yeah, Rhesus would greatly expand the northern part of the map. You rarely go there with our current playable heroes. Obviously playable Rhesus also means that all these Thracian factions will have more unique army rosters (they will no longer use Trojan units).
    Post edited by RafSwi7 on

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS, TROY and ROME REMASTERED campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, Morghur the Shadowgave, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable, Sisters of Twilight.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Ajax, Diomedes, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    ROME REMASTERED
    RafSwi7 said:

Lotor12 said:

I hope for Thracian King

Yeah, Rhesus would greatly expand the northern part of the map. You rarely go there with our current playable heroes. Obviously playable Rhesus also means that all these Thracian faction will have more unique army rosters (they will no longer use Trojan units).
    In my view, this is absolutely necessary! It will bring TROY so much more life.
    My ultimate (and most likely very unrealistic) wishlist for playable heroes in the game.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 83

I know he's technically already in the waters around Crete, but Talos or some other colossus/automaton would be pretty sweet.

I know he's technically already in the waters around Crete, but Talos or some other colossus/automaton would be pretty sweet.

We need to see what CA can still do in this regard. I really hope to see more mythological creatures in battle.
  • Avenger237Avenger237 Registered Users Posts: 318

Hephaestus is already pretty strong IMO but I wouldn't mind seeing Talos being recruitable as a mythical unit once you hit the highest divine favour.

I agree, for me Talos/Colossus/Automatons would be the most wanted "mythic beaast" if they add new one in the future.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    RafSwi7 said:

Lotor12 said:

I hope for Thracian King

Yeah, Rhesus would greatly expand the northern part of the map. You rarely go there with our current playable heroes. Obviously playable Rhesus also means that all these Thracian factions will have more unique army rosters (they will no longer use Trojan units).
    Very well said

It will bring "life" to this part of map and new Thracian culture (units) different from Greeks and Trojans

Aside of this, I want Thracians themselves, because their representation is poorly made in Rome2, as whole Pirates and Raiders DLC
    Lotor12 said:

It will bring "life" to this part of map and new Thracian culture (units) different from Greeks and Trojans

Aside of this, I want Thracians themselves, because their representation is poorly made in Rome2, as whole Pirates and Raiders DLC

+1
    Lotor12 said:

RafSwi7 said:

Lotor12 said:

I hope for Thracian King

Very well said

Yeah, potentially with Rhesus and Memnon we will have 10 cultures on the map and 6 of them will be fleshed out and will be quite unique (Achaeans, Pelasgians, Leleges, Amazons, Thracians, Aethiopians). Bring "Greek tribes" DLC at some point and we will have 9 cultures (out of 10) fully expanded.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
    My guess (and expectation):

Rhesus & Memnon DLC = October / November
    Nestor & Idomeneus DLC = February / March

THE END.

After the arrival of WH3 I think CA will forget about TROY.

Rhesus & Memnon DLC It is essential for the game to gain more life. This must happen and a new expansion of the Achaean pillars will be necessary to maintain the balance. That's why I believe they will do Nestor & Idomeneus DLC and terminate.

My guess (and expectation):

Rhesus & Memnon DLC = October / November
    Nestor & Idomeneus DLC = February / March

THE END.

Rhesus & Memnon DLC It is essential for the game to gain more life. This must happen and a new expansion of the Achaean pillars will be necessary to maintain the balance. That's why I believe they will do Nestor & Idomeneus DLC and terminate.

Personally I do hope that we will have these two packs and maybe something more. Still, with these 4 heroes I will be more or less satisfied with what we have got.

Still, I doubt that they will axe Troy just because WH3 exist.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

Do you know what Troy's greatest advantage is? It's a title with fantasy elements they don't have to share profits over with some IP holder. Human myth is in the public domain.

I think there's more to Troy than it just being filler between major releases.

RafSwi7 said:

Personally I do hope that we will have these two packs and maybe something more.

Still, I doubt that they will axe Troy just because WH3 exist.

May the gods hear you.

Do you know what Troy's greatest advantage is? It's a title with fantasy elements they don't have to share profits over with some IP holder. Human myth is in the public domain.

I think there's more to Troy than it just being filler between major releases.

I don't want to create too many expectations so I won't be disappointed.

• toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 519
    edited September 30
    well considering the average life cycle of a game, I think troy, having already passed a year (even if only on the epic store) is destined to its natural conclusion.

I see a different destiny only if mythos has regenerated the enthusiasm of the people. at that point I would expect another mythological dlc that incorporates other mythical elements.

so my wishlist is:
    rhesus and memnon
    mythos 2

I loved when they showed us all the dlc's in the pipeline with their dates. how much I would like such a thing rather than all this speculation.
    toskyrun said:

I loved when they showed us all the dlc's in the pipeline with their dates. how much I would like such a thing rather than all this speculation.

+1000
    edited October 1
    toskyrun said:

well considering the average life cycle of a game, I think troy, having already passed a year (even if only on the epic store) is destined to its natural conclusion.

I see a different destiny only if mythos has regenerated the enthusiasm of the people. at that point I would expect another mythological dlc that incorporates other mythical elements.

so my wishlist is:
    rhesus and memnon
    mythos 2

Yeah, it seems that after what happened with 3K "Northern Expansion", CA is now less likely to create such roadmaps even if they would be welcomed by the community.
    Post edited by RafSwi7 on

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • Toiox43uqToiox43uq Registered Users Posts: 95
    IMO

I think it is easy to add Rhesus to the Ascanians ( as this is his historical lands ) and also add Nestor to Pylos and the other to a cretan tribe ..................but memnon will be an issue for the programmers, an issue they will only embrace if they want to continue upgrading the Troy game further in time ...................
    how about the Crete - an Island of Minotars ?

Idomeneus of Crete

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idomeneus_of_Crete

It does not look, that he playes big role in Trojan War - like Ajax for example, but the Crete itself would be interesting starting position
    Idomeneus must come with Nestor after Rhesus and Memnon. That would be ideal!
    I thought this would be the month of TROY, but apparently it will only be the month of announcements for Warhammer III...

:(
    Hopefully Nov, for a Dec release.

I thought this would be the month of TROY, but apparently it will only be the month of announcements for Warhammer III...

:(

Yeah, at the moment WH3 is in the spotlight. I mean we just had some great Cathay and Tzeentch reveals. It seems that they still need to make some posts about Kislev and Khorne campaign mechanics. After that it remains to be seen when they will reveal Nurgle and Slaanesh (but these will probably take another month of marketing cycle).

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    ROME REMASTERED
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 519
    I bet everything on December!
    It has been confirmed that CA Sofia is working hard on TROY and news to come!

It has been confirmed that CA Sofia is working hard on TROY and news to come!

Great news! Got a link to it?