Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Whats wrong with your guys?

Comments

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,833
    My perspective, generally speaking, is because the news we are receiving is spaced out too far, and the news tends to be an illusion of news--not really saying much but repeating information. Combine that with the illusion of expecting news every week for a game that's been delayed; this is where we are at...

Marketing can be more clear, but what are they going to say? “Hey, most weeks, the news is going to be ****.”

I think CA should be clear and say: “don't expect news every week, but there shouldn't be long periods without news (we will try our best to let you know ahead of time if that's the case, but bear with us for plans change rather quickly and often during our phase in the production cycle). Also, some weeks we will only be sharing little tidbits, and if it seems like we overlap the info, sometimes we are sharing the news from different perspectives (e.g., An artist vs. a writer) to show you as close behind the scenes as we are able. The news tidbits won't be for everyone, but we hope you enjoy and don't worry, I'm sure we will get to a topic or move to a subject you're interested in.”

There, CA. Copy and paste the above, and actually follow it. Done. Problems solved. Set expectations and be transparent without the escape of reality.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,973
    Maelas said:

I mean, what else is there to talk about ?

We don't know a thing about the game's mechanics, the siege rework, the diplomacy changes, the map, the gameplay or even the LLs abilities. Hell, despite having now 3 blogs on Miao Ying, we don't even know how she plays.

We don't know the pre-order, we don't know the 4 last rosters, we don't know the 9th LL, or the surprise CA talked about. We don't even know about Zhao Ming except for the simplest of description, and given what we got this week, I'm not expecting much more for him.

So, what is there to talk about ? When CA revealed Cathay, we had healthy, interesting discussions. Up to the moment we realized CA **** up Tzeentch. That's on CA for turning the discourse negative with such a blunder.

And now, we're 2 weeks after, we've had 2 more blogs, and we've learned absolutely nothing new or of value. We haven't even have one new image !

Of course people complains, we've exhausted every other talking point !

CA haven't **** up Tzeentch. You are just jumping to conclusions based on images they have said are a work in progress.

When they reveal Tzeentch then you can complain. What you are complaining about are certainly placeholders like feral Gorebeasts and Khorne warriors shouting WHAAAAAAGH!
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,056

Maelas said:

We don't know a thing about the game's mechanics, the siege rework, the diplomacy changes, the map, the gameplay or even the LLs abilities. Hell, despite having now 3 blogs on Miao Ying, we don't even know how she plays.

We don't know the pre-order, we don't know the 4 last rosters, we don't know the 9th LL, or the surprise CA talked about. We don't even know about Zhao Ming except for the simplest of description, and given what we got this week, I'm not expecting much more for him.

So, what is there to talk about ? When CA revealed Cathay, we had healthy, interesting discussions. Up to the moment we realized CA **** up Tzeentch. That's on CA for turning the discourse negative with such a blunder.

And now, we're 2 weeks after, we've had 2 more blogs, and we've learned absolutely nothing new or of value. We haven't even have one new image !

CA haven't **** up Tzeentch. You are just jumping to conclusions based on images they have said are a work in progress.

When they reveal Tzeentch then you can complain. What you are complaining about are certainly placeholders like feral Gorebeasts and Khorne warriors shouting WHAAAAAAGH!
    Then why there are plenty of threads about Tzeentch if CA did not ''**** up'' ?

How about the fact at least a portion of the units we have seen so far are reskins for Tzeentch?

The fact is, Maelas' point stands. We talk about what we have seen, not what ''might be'' . You said people are jumping to conclusions, yet CA tells us there is SO MUCH to talk about yet we heard 3 times in a row how Meow Ying is ''cold and aloof''.

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

How about the fact at least a portion of the units we have seen so far are reskins for Tzeentch?

The fact is, Maelas' point stands. We talk about what we have seen, not what ''might be'' . You said people are jumping to conclusions, yet CA tells us there is SO MUCH to talk about yet we heard 3 times in a row how Meow Ying is ''cold and aloof''.

Firstly don't confuse the issues. CA doing three blogs about how Meow Ying is "cold and aloof " is nothing to do with the fact they haven't released Tzeentch yet.

Watch the trailer again and in the first 10 seconds it says it's a work in progress. What that means is it isn't the completed game yet. The trailer we had last week was to showcase Cathay not Tzeentch so that is the part that isn't completed yet.

Just wait until they release Tzeentch and then you will see their completed units.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,309
    The worst reactions -racism, sexism- come from users i'd never heard before and probably will never hear again. Most regulars complain about the Tzeench warrior recolor -which is legitimate, CA has got a lot of time to do something better- and the poor marketing. The marketing problem is the same as always, they show too little and of little interest.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,047
    I believe the game gets more negativity than warranted sometimes, and I also think there's toxicity in the fanbase. But making a post saying "what's wrong with you guys" isn't gonna make it better, it's not going to make anyone more partial to the way you believe the forum should behave, if anything it might make some people less open to listening because of natural defensiveness at a generalized statement.

• manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,309

Ferestor said:

KronusX said:

Ferestor said:

It's the internet.

I just sort of laugh at it.

The first 2-3 days it was funny but now?

A few month ago we speculate here about Lords and the map. Now most topics are about complains. :(

I think i will stick with discord for a while. Much more chill there.
    So you are complaining about people ranting about the news being fluff, drip feeds and unsatisfactory for a product CA is trying to sell.

Oh I see, you came from discord, that explains everything. You came here expecting everyone to sing Kumbaya. Do you also have any other excuse, stuff like ''this marketing isn't for newcomers, it is for new players?''. It might have worked in the past, but I don't know a lot of casuals looking for re-repeated Lore and how Meow Ying is ''aloof'' .
    First I was here first before discord.

Second critisim is okay but what is happening here is ridiculous. Everyday the same topics. And if you don´t like how CA gives us news then its fine. But to say there incompetent and stupid is just childish.

As i said a few month ago the forum where much better.
    When Lucibuis and Veresh were still here, this place was the best.

Still miss those two legends.

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,833

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

Firstly don't confuse the issues. CA doing three blogs about how Meow Ying is "cold and aloof " is nothing to do with the fact they haven't released Tzeentch yet.

Watch the trailer again and in the first 10 seconds it says it's a work in progress. What that means is it isn't the completed game yet. The trailer we had last week was to showcase Cathay not Tzeentch so that is the part that isn't completed yet.

Just wait until they release Tzeentch and then you will see their completed units.
    Voicing concerns and preferences are important feedback to give. Creating multiple hyperbole rich threads are less important (and more of an annoyance). Take it from someone who has been beating the battle pace drum for five years.
    hendo1592 said:

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

Voicing concerns and preferences are important feedback to give. Creating multiple hyperbole rich threads are less important (and more of an annoyance). Take it from someone who has been beating the battle pace drum for five years.
    Oh I agree. But saying Tzeentch has been **** before it's even revealed is not giving feedback. It's being silly.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,772
    I'm not complaining.

Cathay isn't interesting me, and was never much likely to, but I'm not derailing threads saying so. Just because something doesn't appeal to me personally doesn't make it bad.

Plus now that I know that the game isn't close to being finished, I can see why the marketing was so dragged out and seemingly lacklustre; they had little manpower to work on it, and little to work with. So I'm not going to complain about that either.

One new thing a week is at least something, and now I know the game isn't coming anytime soon really, I can focus on other games.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,056
    Arsenic said:

I'm not complaining.

Cathay isn't interesting me, and was never much likely to, but I'm not derailing threads saying so. Just because something doesn't appeal to me personally doesn't make it bad.

Plus now that I know that the game isn't close to being finished, I can see why the marketing was so dragged out and seemingly lacklustre; they had little manpower to work on it, and little to work with. So I'm not going to complain about that either.

One new thing a week is at least something, and now I know the game isn't coming anytime soon really, I can focus on other games.

I mean...they choose to do 4 chaos factions...so you would think the first question in production would be ''do we enough to work with?''.

You are right on one thing though, the game is certainly not coming back any time soon.
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 153
    edited September 24
    To the defense of this forum, this is the average community you find in Video Game forums.

In the Battlefront 2 and Smash Bros Ultimate forums I meet the same strange mix of passion, negativity and sometimes toxicity. I honestly think a lot of forum users display symptoms of neurosis. These forums, about their passions, are the only place they can blow off some steam. But forums also act as a catalyst for dramas anytime something about their passion doesn't go the way they want.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,382
    manpersal said:

The worst reactions -racism, sexism- come from users i'd never heard before and probably will never hear again.

Everytime there is a major announcement I'm just like:

(Though changing half my name right when we hit a high time has apparently confused some people. All according to plan.)
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,088
    What's wrong with my guys? Nothing that I know of. My guys are fine.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,382

What's wrong with my guys? Nothing that I know of. My guys are fine.

Oi who are your guys? I bet my guys could beat yours! Are we doing a draft?
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,817

What you are complaining about are certainly placeholders

If they aren't ready then why put them on screenshots?
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,007
    Ferestor said:

One simple question...

I don´t get the forum anymore. for weeks all you asked for news. We know that Cathay will be the next race to be shown and now?

All you do is complain that Cathay gets to much attention.

That Catahy is to shiny,to good etc.

That the news we get is not enough.

The Chaos is screwed over when we didn´t see the roster for 3 of the 4 chaos gods. (tzeenth doesn´t count at the moment for me)

And don´t get me started on the conspiracy theories, this so calles "white knights of CA", the woke, sexixmus and racisit crap which is going on the last few days...

Honestly what is wrong in you life to be so negative all the time...

PS: The recolored Chaos Warriors are bad. I agree here just to be clear. But this doesn´t warrant such negativity.

I expect that this will be closed shortly because this will be derayled be quick with your reasons.

Ah, you must be new here. Welcome to forums on the internet, home of the world's disgruntled nitpickers, trolls, and ne'er-do-wells! It can be a fun place to visit, but don't stay long, or you'll become mired in the cesspit where you'll be transformed into one of them.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,634
    The worse I saw honestly are all troll user invading this forum

SerPus said:

What you are complaining about are certainly placeholders

If they aren't ready then why put them on screenshots?
    The same reason that they put Feral Gorebeasts in Kislev shots/video. Again, read the disclaimer at the beginning of the video.

It is right to say that's "rubbish, change it" even though it could just be a placeholder but saying "they have **** it " is just hysterical. When it's revealed and you don't like it then trash the whole roster because at the moment we don't have a clue.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,410

To the defense of this forum, this is the average community you find in Video Game forums.

In the Battlefront 2 and Smash Bros Ultimate forums I meet the same strange mix of passion, negativity and sometimes toxicity. I honestly think a lot of forum users display symptoms of neurosis. These forums, about their passions, are the only place they can blow off some steam. But forums also act as a catalyst for dramas anytime something about their passion doesn't go the way they want.

Smartest post of the thread.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,925
    OP, when you see something in the game you don't like you just sit and say oh well? or "maybe theyll fix it before release out of the good of their hearts?" Most of us are just pressing them to deliver on promises theyve already made.

Cathay looks cool, a little more lore would be nice, although not essential. But they said they wanted them to have the presence of an 8e army, they set that expectation.

The Tzeentch recolors were very disappointing. Its not the end of the world, but most of us expected better because, again, of what CA said they intended to do with monogods.

Most of us have just lost our hype due to a steady stream of small disappointments like this, not because we hate CA and dont want them to be happy.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,960

Bayes said:

I think the delay and blue tzeentch warrior combo gutted all the positive people left.

That said I think cathay seems awesome and I think most of the forum agrees with that.

I’m still a happy bear camper.
    Me too.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,058
    KronusX said:

Maelas said:

There are threads because people jump the gun and are negative/toxic when it comes to the crunch.

The sky is falling due to reskins? Wait for tzeentch trailer then cry about it if it bothers you. I doesn’t bother me I like what I see so far.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,395

After waiting 3 months for news - all CA have given us to show for it is one trailer, a tiny snippet of lore info and a delay...

Read that blog again and tell me they were being entirely honest here;

Perhaps not a lie - but 100% misleading.

This is what CA always does, though. Their communication is, frankly, not very good. And I suspect they know it. I suspect that's why they prefer to say absolutely nothing unless someone's almost literally putting a gun to their head.

There are some people at the company that want to be more open but communication is one of those things where you either do it properly or you shut up and hope your product is good enough that being an unwashed introvert with dramatic social anxieties standing in the corner of a dark alley is enough exposure to move the product.

And this current situation is a good example, isn't it? CA has said almost nothing but what little they've said has managed to trigger some people and now there's a whole mood going on here, and the only way to fix this short term is to offer yet more communication that in turn could lead to even more moody behavior.

But if they just clam the heck up, the only thing people can get offended over is that there are no news for them to get offended over.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,342

hendo1592 said:

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

Oh I agree. But saying Tzeentch has been **** before it's even revealed is not giving feedback. It's being silly.
    Well I dont think most people here are saying that Tzeentch suck, I think most of what we have seen look great, disc riders, Kairos, horrors, screamers, flamers etc...its all good.

But the fact they didnt do warriors the justice they deserve is simply unacceptable, and customers have the right to express their concerns, and is what has been done. We'll see how they handle it.

Personally, yes its only one detail, but its such a disappointing one that I just cant look the other way, I want it changed, it suck.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 783
    Ferestor said:

That Catahy is to shiny,to good etc.

Rar grammar issues! Makes me want to complain about this post!

P.S.

On a more serious note, fans always complain...It is over the top sometimes though. I completely agree.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,960

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

There are threads because people jump the gun and are negative/toxic when it comes to the crunch.

The sky is falling due to reskins? Wait for tzeentch trailer then cry about it if it bothers you. I doesn’t bother me I like what I see so far.
    The thing is the Warrior bathtub storm's already happened. When the trailer happens if they're the same round 2 just won't have the same punch.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,171

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

The thing is the Warrior bathtub storm's already happened. When the trailer happens if they're the same round 2 just won't have the same punch.
    Assuming CA says 'not final' somewhere.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151
    MrDragon said:

MikhaelH said:

It's simple marketing. 2 billion people in China, why would CA not capitalise on making a Chinese themed faction?

China grew really fat when I wasn't looking. 😯
    You've not been looking then since literally the day you were born I guess. China was already really "fat" decades before I was born.

That said, with how hard the CCP is cracking down on any form of digital media to control the narrative... I do not forsee marketing to the chinese market to be long-term sustainable.
    They now want to limit gaming to 3 hours per week or something equally bats**T.
    Oh they love micromanaging their population and scrutinizing every minute of their lives. In 2016 the requirement of using ID to login to the most popular online games was introduced and if you were under 18 (Chinese can get their ID at any age), you couldn’t play more than specified amount of hours or in some cases not at all. That being said, last few months have been absolutely ground-breaking in the overall scope of micromanaging attempts, but only few people have realized it so far, much less Western gaming companies. I expect total shutdown of non-Chinese games and gaming platforms like Steam in coming months. After all it doesn’t contribute to the GDP numbers.

• NinaranNinaran Registered Users Posts: 426

hendo1592 said:

KronusX said:

Maelas said:

We have to give that feedback now and we have to give it hard.

While there's still time for them to fix it. Simple as that. If we wait too long with out feedback, they might fall back on the "too close to release to fix, sorry" excuse.