Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wow check this out. Gamescom confirming how out of touch game companies are in 2021 from wokeness

Comments

• HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,804
    edited September 25
    No no wait, I'll bite.

What exactly is your problem against the current climate surrounding game development. Express your answer in a standard argument structure so it doesn't read like a rant.

To get ahead of it now, the words "woke" and "political" won't cut it. Those are ways to generalize the problem you are observing, not an explanation of the problem itself.
  • nottotalwarnottotalwar Registered Users Posts: 53
    Moneris said:

I am sick and tired of hearing about the "woke agenda".

For the last 5 years these weirdo's on youtube have done nothing but **** and moan about it.

Movies are not ruined by "wokeness" they are ruined by unimaginative corporate boards that are more concerned with mass appeal than writing a good story. The existence of women and or gay people will not make the story better or worse if the plot is crap.

My favorite movie of all time is Kill Bill 2. KB2 had a female main character. My favorite sports-person of all time is Anderson Silva, Anderson is black.

The issue is that in 2021 people arent getting screened or cast (or included in games) based on there personal performances or skills. Uma thurman made it to KB2 becuase she was the best at what she does. Anderson Silva beat everyone in the UFC because he was the best at what he did.

But in 2021 you can obviously tell that corporations are just ticking boxes and not picking the best people. Or doing what is natural. Instead they are being woke.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,546

Moneris said:

For the last 5 years these weirdo's on youtube have done nothing but **** and moan about it.

Movies are not ruined by "wokeness" they are ruined by unimaginative corporate boards that are more concerned with mass appeal than writing a good story. The existence of women and or gay people will not make the story better or worse if the plot is crap.

My favorite movie of all time is Kill Bill 2. KB2 had a female main character. My favorite sports-person of all time is Anderson Silva, Anderson is black.

The issue is that in 2021 people arent getting screened or cast (or included in games) based on there personal performances or skills. Uma thurman made it to KB2 becuase she was the best at what she does. Anderson Silva beat everyone in the UFC because he was the best at what he did.

But in 2021 you can obviously tell that corporations are just ticking boxes and not picking the best people. Or doing what is natural. Instead they are being woke.
    it's true. they cast worst chris as mario
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
    edited September 25

Moneris said:

Chis Pratt from Guardians of the Galaxy? One of the highest grossing movies of all time?

edit

That was not woke BTW
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,935
    I rarely watch movies, but the ones I have watched I have been happy with, and man recently has been a gold mine for indie games so I have been enjoying that a lot. The crisis you are talking about seems completely fabricated and it does not help that a good third of the games you listed in your last post as good games have woke elements in them.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.

Moneris said:

Chis Pratt from Guardians of the Galaxy? One of the highest grossing movies of all time?

edit

That was not woke BTW
    no but it's hilariously bad and exactly what you were talking about

Army painter plox

Moneris said:

edit

That was not woke BTW
    it grossed $1.6 billion USD?

Moneris said:

edit

That was not woke BTW
    You show me one woke movie that has grossed more then that?
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,401
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,935
    edited September 25

Moneris said:

edit

That was not woke BTW
    You show me one woke movie that has grossed more then that?
    Dude guardians of the galaxy is from 2017 2, people have been complaining about woke media for god knows how long. It does not fit your narrative.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.

The issue is that in 2021 people arent getting screened or cast (or included in games) based on there personal performances or skills.

again. worst chris as super mario

Army painter plox
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,043
    It's a good video, but it has nothing to do with TW:WH.
    edited September 25

The issue is that in 2021 people arent getting screened or cast (or included in games) based on there personal performances or skills.

the movie hasnt even been released yet how do you know?

But yeah i get it. You are trying to de-rail the thread. Hopefully it will get shut down aye?

the movie hasnt even been released yet how do you know?

But yeah i get it. You are trying to de-rail the thread. Hopefully it will get shut down aye?
    ah damn you got me!

Army painter plox
  • Stromtrooper4Stromtrooper4 Registered Users Posts: 6
    just move this junk to off-topic
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,336
    I love a good rant as much as the next guy but this one isn’t the best. It’s very incoherent and rambly
  • Glandyth_a_KraeGlandyth_a_Krae Registered Users Posts: 151
    Moneris said:

Thanks. Tgat’s really all there is to say.

And now if this dumpster fire of a post can be closed.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,800

Actually, speaking of movies I haven't watched one in cinema for like 2 years. Covid shut that right down.

Is there good pirated copies of that new Marvel movie out yet? The Chinese superhero one? It'd legit be the only way to watch it. I've heard it's good.

Shang-Chi is very good, and I'm more than happy to spend the rest of this thread talking about it. After all, it's about as relevant to TWW as this deranged thread.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,878
    It hurts that bad that women and minorities are going to get equal casting now instead of privilege huh?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    What's the video about?
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,795
    The only way to counter wokeness is through sleepness. Sleep my dude.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • DerPhonixDerPhonix Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 583
    If you live in a "western" country where all games are produced, you live in totalitarian society where a specific paradigm regarding race, gender, history, culture and biology permeates every aspect of society. The "entertainment industry" in general plays an increasingly important role in instigating and maintaining this system. Politics is far more important than entertainment at this point,
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,241

Moneris said:

edit

That was not woke BTW
    it grossed $1.6 billion USD?

Lol, that you try to convince us that there's some kind of conspiracy and then jump to the defence of that pointless movie and your main argument is that it sold well just show that you don't have a clue over anything. At best you can say the GotG is a fun movie, but it's a really bad one.

By the way, how old are you?
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,226
    Where all these "anti wokeness" people come from??!!
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,241

Troll country.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,878

Their mother's basement.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM

the basement

Army painter plox
  • epic_162578572945FgdWSzpepic_162578572945FgdWSzp Registered Users Posts: 209
    manpersal said:

Troll country.
    Hopefully they don't find the crown of sorcery. If that happens they might get too powerful
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,401
  • swampselkieswampselkie Registered Users Posts: 74
    Seek help, OP; you're in a cult.
This discussion has been closed.