Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think we all can agree CA has BLOODY nailed the BLOODTHIRSTERS!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,838
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Just a shame didn't put same effort into Tzeentch...

Tzeentch so far looks amazing. It’s just the warriors that suck.
    Just look at Kairos. He looks absolutely gorgeous
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,722

jamreal18 said:

jamreal18 said:

Hope Keeper of Secrets won't reuse Ghorgon's animation

You're now responsible for it if this occurs.
    What do you mean? I want her to move differently even though she has 4 arms like Ghorgon. All humans are have 2 arms but not all of them have the same animation.
    You have brought forth the thought.
    oh it's been brought forward numerous times
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,100
    It looks absolutely incredible

A-grade work from Ca!

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,250

i kinda wish the Exalted Bloodthirster had a greatweapon variant as the Lord option (yes im aware of the SEM unit)

Imho those normal Bloodthirsters (as well as any other greater daemons) should've been heroes! It would be absolutely fitting if we could spec and equip them all individually! Also most should be wizards...

On the topic: It's gorgeous, but I'm with @mecanojavi99 . The FW models for exalted greater daemons would've added some welcome variety and they are just overall great.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,463
    I think it is fair to say, that so far all the Daemons have looked good.
    It looks absolutely incredible

A-grade work from Ca!

I think it is fair to say, that so far all the Daemons have looked good.

The soul grinder is a butt ugly abomination that should have been left in the mists of the past

Other than that yea Ca really did the demons revealed so far justice

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,781
    Think the only model we haven't seen so far is the Great Unclean One.

The Slaanesh daemon looked like a pervy goat in the screenshot we saw, I'm hoping it looks a bit better when animated and in full.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,588
    ArneSo said:

Djau said:

Just a shame didn't put same effort into Tzeentch...

Tzeentch so far looks amazing. It’s just the warriors that suck.
    Disc Riders, Spawn and Forsaken too.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
    Reeks said:

The soul grinder is a butt ugly abomination that should have been left in the mists of the past

eh it looks about as good as it possibly could

Army painter plox
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,613
    Yes, it's great.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,741
    jamreal18 said:

To be fair, the stupid whirling animation would probably fit the keeper of secrets more.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,149
    Might be my favorite model in tww yet.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 629

jamreal18 said:

To be fair, the stupid whirling animation would probably fit the keeper of secrets more.
    It’s quite possible that in actual fact the KoS’s animation was reused for the Ghorgon and that’s part of why they managed to squeeze so many unique monsters into that LP.

The animations are supposedly the most expensive part of making new things.

Reeks said:

Far from it, it looks like a abomination straight up from the hells of DOOM

Seriously it´s SO aesthetically vomit inducing/straight up eyesore in it´s current form that it´s baffling Ca/GW did not deign to remake it

All they had to do was exchange the metal lower body with bones, then it would have fit into warhammer fantasy

Right now it´s icky icky icky

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
    Reeks said:

Reeks said:

Far from it, it looks like a abomination straight up from the hells of DOOM

Seriously it´s SO aesthetically vomit inducing/straight up eyesore in it´s current form that it´s baffling Ca/GW did not deign to remake it

All they had to do was exchange the metal lower body with bones, then it would have fit into warhammer fantasy

Right now it´s icky icky icky
    i meant more as an adaptation. I'm not a big fan of it myself but CA managed to adapt it as well they could without changing it completely.

Army painter plox
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,862
    jamreal18 said:

Why would it ? The only thing in common is that they have both 4 arms but the bodies are very different.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,052
    jamreal18 said:

It's worth noting that the in-game Ghorgon has the blade arms on the lower pair and the hands on the higher pair (which is actually the contrary to the tabletop mini) while the newer tabletop KoS has pincers on the top arms and a single sword-carrying hand on the lower pair (or shield and lance in the case of Shalaxi Helbane, not sure if the generic one also has that option). It's always possible KoS have their arms swapped too from their tabletop versions, but overall I'd say it'd be a bit hard to fit the Ghorgon attack animations to the KoS.

Plus people started wondering if the Ghorgon was using the same animations for the KoS because they were "too graceful and/or agile" for a Ghorgon... but I don't think the attacks are all that graceful at all. Even the spin doesn't seem particularly disciplined/agile, but maybe that's just me. Body posture might also be a tough fit, with how hunched over the Ghorgon is, and the KoS presumably being a little slimmer
  • QwarHimosQwarHimos Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited September 26
    This is the first time ive ever seen a post with 40+ agrees and zero disagrees
    It seems everyone loves the khornie bois
    Heres hopin the rest of the greater demons look anywhere near as cool.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    edited September 26
    Khorne is badass af. I love his faction.

Some people doesn't like him, but I do. I just hope the DLC will give him more content, like chosen or chaos knight of khorne. The only part I dont like is the soul grinder too 40k ish. I would like a little reskin for the cyborg part to make it more ''fantasy battle''
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,588
    Nazjax said:

Khorne is badass af. I love his faction.

Some people doesn't like him, but I do. I just hope the DLC will give him more content, like chosen or chaos knight of khorne. The only part I dont like is the soul grinder too 40k ish. I would like a little reskin for the cyborg part to make it more ''fantasy battle''

The look of the Soul Grinder actually fits him more than the other gods; Khorne's had a DooM kind of cybery look forever. Look at the Skullcrushers, their mount is robotic.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • more-morewarpstonemore-morewarpstone Registered Users Posts: 197
    edited September 27
    I can only hope that those somewhat disappointing weapon strengths will be made up for with sweeping and brutal animations.

A Bloodthirster should be more destructive against infantry than the Tomb Scorpion is for example.

Something like Taurox, with slamming through formation hen bulldozing in combat would be good.

Edit: I am aware that the stats are refelctive of TT, and I forgot to mention how amazing they look as well. Skarbrand alone has me excited
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,767
    If CA will transfe4 Ghorgon animation to keeper of Secrets, that would be better as long as they will give Ghorgon new animation.

Wouldn't it be hilarious to see both them spinning. Muscular and Slim monster both spinning? They would seem like dancing in battle.

Imagine they fight each other with exact animation wherein they both spin.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,613
    edited September 27
    jamreal18 said:

If CA will transfe4 Ghorgon animation to keeper of Secrets, that would be better as long as they will give Ghorgon new animation.

Wouldn't it be hilarious to see both them spinning. Muscular and Slim monster both spinning? They would seem like dancing in battle.

I want KoS to dance on the battlefield, every move brimming with grace and precision. Ghorgon is a sloppy fighter.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
  • Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 588
    edited September 27

I can only hope that those somewhat disappointing weapon strengths will be made up for with sweeping and brutal animations.

A Bloodthirster should be more destructive against infantry than the Tomb Scorpion is for example.

Something like Taurox, with slamming through formation hen bulldozing in combat would be good.

Edit: I am aware that the stats are refelctive of TT, and I forgot to mention how amazing they look as well. Skarbrand alone has me excited

Well so far from what I can tell it seems
    they have quight few brutal animation attacks. Starting from the SEM version bloodthirster the great axe wielder his atack animations are quight wide reaching so large array of infantry are going to be scattered around almost constantly and he has a powerful leap attack that will help him easily push through formations and finally the main scary thing about the SEM bloodthirster is the fact he has few multi attack animations which means dew for his animation he may hit his enemies moltable times per attack action animation. To put it in perspective it's the same reason why gotrek is so powerful in combat not only because he hits like a truck but becouse he has an attack animation that lets him swing his axe moltable times wich basically doubles his damage.

And the lord vertion bloodthirster well so far his attack animation are alot more wider reaching then that of a SEM version dew for the wip and his extensive fire breath attack animations I do not now if it it counts as an multi attack animation but he is definitely alot more swingy then the SEM bloodthirster .atleast this is what I managed to observe from the given gameplay footages
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,209
    jamreal18 said:

Eerrrr... the Ghorgon already has a spinning attack animation,,,,