Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Recoloured Chaos Spawns and Forsaken - let that sink in.

Comments

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,836

I don't really care about Spawns, forsaken, or dogs. They're whatever units that just don't get used. It's the Chaos Warriors that do it for me.

Badass (can I say that word?) Chaos Warriors is basically 90% of the point of Monogods. Probably 75-90% of the art featuring something Monogod specifically features a badass Chaos Warrior of that god. I don't see the point of Monogods without them. As is this is DoC cut up with a couple mortal units as filler.

Well, I can't say it any better than this, so... erm, +1 to this
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,630
    Giants are a good example of how things should be. I want every monogod unit to be at least a remodel. I want their flavour fleshed out. Spawn and Forsaken are especially good canvasses to let one's creativity go wild.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,100
    I don't even know what to say. . . this is so **** sad I can't even-

We have to keep pushing the Monogods-must-be-unique agenda.
    The sad part is that CA didn't give us a damn answer about this horrible situation; answer that would completely settle down most of the negative feedbacks around the Game.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,127
    Ludbone said:

The sad part is that CA didn't give us a damn answer about this horrible situation; answer that would completely settle down most of the negative feedbacks around the Game.

Their lack of response is simple really, they refrain from doing so because they had/have no plans whatsoever to redo the Warriors/Spawns/Forsaken, them relying that information to us would just make us more mad.

If they had plans to improve all that they would have said so in a instant to avoid all this salt.

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,171
    hendo1592 said:

I don't really care about Spawns, forsaken, or dogs. They're whatever units that just don't get used. It's the Chaos Warriors that do it for me.

Badass (can I say that word?) Chaos Warriors is basically 90% of the point of Monogods. Probably 75-90% of the art featuring something Monogod specifically features a badass Chaos Warrior of that god. I don't see the point of Monogods without them. As is this is DoC cut up with a couple mortal units as filler.

Fair enough that you don't care for them. Though, for a general rule, if it's a different race, then shared units need more than recoloring. That way, we maintain the unit diversity that each race entering TWW can shine in their own right.

Factions within races can get recoloring not across races. TWW has four chaotic races (not factions).

I am hoping for an everchosen mechanic where you can get access to all chaos affiliated units- then storm the world..... *shivers* at least let bel’lakor and archeon recruit all chaos warriors and demon affiliates.
    If anything I wouldn't have them recoloured. I think it's either a remodel or nothing for them. Recolour is just this weird middle ground that no one likes. If they had them as specifically universal units and just changed stats by 10% or so between god that'd be more acceptable than a recolour.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

Reeks said:

Ludbone said:

Their lack of response is simple really, they refrain from doing so because they had/have no plans whatsoever to redo the Warriors/Spawns/Forsaken, them relying that information to us would just make us more mad.

If they had plans to improve all that they would have said so in a instant to avoid all this salt.
    If this is the Game they are playing with us, it won't end well for them. Sooner or later they will have to show us Enter the World of Tzeentch Trailer. . . and all the negative feedbacks and disappointment will explode like a Tsar Bomb. Currently the community just dropped some granades compared with what is going to come.
    What are they going to do? Show only Pink and Blue Horrors, Flamers, Herald and Kairos in order to emergency-dodge any negative and disappointed situation???
    And even the Horrors have issues since they lack tentacles hair. . . Christ, this is sad.

Imagine when they will show Nurgle and Slaanesh and IF they have handled them just like Tzeentch. My God!

Ludbone said:

Reeks said:

Ludbone said:

If this is the Game they are playing with us, it won't end well for them. Sooner or later they will have to show us Enter the World of Tzeentch Trailer. . . and all the negative feedbacks and disappointment will explode like a Tsar Bomb. Currently the community just dropped some granades compared with what is going to come.
    What are they going to do? Show only Pink and Blue Horrors, Flamers, Herald and Kairos in order to emergency-dodge any negative and disappointed situation???
    And even the Horrors have issues since they lack tentacles hair. . . Christ, this is sad.

Imagine when they will show Nurgle and Slaanesh and IF they have handled them just like Tzeentch. My God!
    I agree that the salt levels will reach unseen levels if Ca refrains from doing the Warriors/Spawns/Forsaken of each god faction, imagine that, they honestly think that saving a few bucks on a total of 10-12 units is preferable compared to the literal ****-storm and bad publicity they have have to endure otherwise

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,658
    @Enforest

The Worse is, CA not even do multipile of these units of each roster!

They not need to do 4 diffrent forsaken, or 4 diffrent chaos hounds!

THey literally just cherry pic from the WOC roster.

We not demanding something like Swamp troll level of effort for each (even i go that far to say kinda should happen too)

So ca not even have to do expensive one.

Is just a shame that CA really though the community just would take it like that.

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,239

Another lame whiny-whine topic with zero thought regarding context or what is actually being asked or the situation that the development is in or even whether spawns and giants on their own are properly comparable with needing to make 75% of a roster unique for four different factions.

Yes, 75% of all four factions. Please spare me the at this point frankly dishonest noise about how you're only asking for a single chaos warrior model, because the moment that happens, the chaos warrior unit needs different variants to not be a clone army, and this will have to be done for all weapon variants, obviously. And then the same must happen for all variants of all mounted chaos warriors. And chosen, all weapon variants, obviously.

And then comes the auxiliary mortal stuff, the forsaken, the doggies, the spawns, the champions, the marauders (on foot and on horse, all variants). And of course the same must apply to all the borrowed Beastmen units, in all their variants.

But of course CA managed to do it for one unit while in a completely different situation some five years ago, therefore doing it with 75% of four factions is super trivial.

Oh hi there

• BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    SaintCorn said:

Brakier said:

Enforest said:

Apparently, a Charlemange-starved DLC had enough resources for unique Spawns and Giants for Beastmen, but a brand new $60-$70 standalone game does not.

zero work done on chaos spawn and teenze forsaken and warrior of chaos., just recolor, shameless moneygrab
    even norsca has thier own giant model. why didnt they reuse chaos giants that time? but no mono chaos has to reuse **** from dlc we bought 7 years ago.

I really wouldn't use Norsca as an example of a faction that isn't full of fairly cheaply done units.

Their marauders are basically Chaos Marauders.

Not to mention their Frost Wyrm was actually just a Chaos Dragon but blue.

ya, but in that case it workt imo, maruders makes sense being same, and the dragon, and the dragon was a recolor yea, but this was a racepack, not one of the big 3 games core races.

• EnforestEnforest Registered Users Posts: 2,312

Giants are a good example of how things should be. I want every monogod unit to be at least a remodel. I want their flavour fleshed out. Spawn and Forsaken are especially good canvasses to let one's creativity go wild.

Maedrethnir, man of culture, on point as always.

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    edited October 3

@Enforest

The Worse is, CA not even do multipile of these units of each roster!

They not need to do 4 diffrent forsaken, or 4 diffrent chaos hounds!

THey literally just cherry pic from the WOC roster.

We not demanding something like Swamp troll level of effort for each (even i go that far to say kinda should happen too)

So ca not even have to do expensive one.

Is just a shame that CA really though the community just would take it like that.

yea thats true, i mean even if they just did a 1 new model of forsaken , chaos spawn , and warriors "with diffrent chaos icons" and then putting a diffrent color tint on them.

it would still be better then stealing from old warhammer one dlc. i mean come on. bare minium should be that atleast make a new model wich they can use for all four, and not just reuse assets from beastmen that we already bougth before.

this is a core race, it diserve more work, this isent a racepack.

Another lame whiny-whine topic with zero thought regarding context or what is actually being asked or the situation that the development is in or even whether spawns and giants on their own are properly comparable with needing to make 75% of a roster unique for four different factions.

Yes, 75% of all four factions. Please spare me the at this point frankly dishonest noise about how you're only asking for a single chaos warrior model, because the moment that happens, the chaos warrior unit needs different variants to not be a clone army, and this will have to be done for all weapon variants, obviously. And then the same must happen for all variants of all mounted chaos warriors. And chosen, all weapon variants, obviously.

And then comes the auxiliary mortal stuff, the forsaken, the doggies, the spawns, the champions, the marauders (on foot and on horse, all variants). And of course the same must apply to all the borrowed Beastmen units, in all their variants.

But of course CA managed to do it for one unit while in a completely different situation some five years ago, therefore doing it with 75% of four factions is super trivial.

Oh hi there

Thanks, now i miss playing Mtg......

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,658
    Reeks said:

Ludbone said:

Yeah then we force them to do anything, is can't be that CA really though that was a good idea!

is just make no sense!

I mean they must know there communiunity in some exstend now? We are on this ride for easily almost 6 years.

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,311
    Well, I'm usually quite supportive of CA, but this is really indefensible.
  • littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 817
    But but... there are 2 more races than wh1 and wh2!!! Poor porr ca cant do THAT much.

They are a much bigger company now than wh1 and wh2. An 804 person studio with 45 employment opportunities can do more than changing the hue slider for spawn like I did in 2 minuites. This is unacceptable laziness. Like at the very least add some eyes god damn it
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,414
    a

Oh hi there

Because I'm totally not ragging at CA for a bunch of things, am I? Oh wait, I am. But I do try to mix up my overly emotional franchise fanboy nonsense with at least a little pinch of actual thought. Not too much, obviously, because that would be entirely unfun and everything, but at least I make an affort to avoid going full emo crybaby.

Now take a look at this topic. Any rational thought? Any coherent analysis of the situation? No, nothing. Just spoiled entitlement through and through.

To be clear, I wouldn't mind better models myself. I want the franchise to end up being all that it could possibly be and having ass ugly mortal recolor models isn't all that it could be. But after five years of WoC being awful, I'm not really that bothered by some cosmetic shortcuts if the gameplay overhaul works. I can live with uninspired cosmetics if the gameplay is good. The reverse situation, not so much.

And then you have some of these absolute jokers who would argue that gameplay is not actually more important than cosmetics. That they'd rather have bad gameplay with beautiful models than the other way around. Obvious goat poo, isn't it? If the gameplay is bad then what's the point of pretty models? Who gives a god damn cup of Nurgle vomit about what the models look like if the game itself isn't fun in the first place?

Speaking of gameplay, what do we actually know about the actual monogod gameplay? The answer is not a thing. Literally not a single damn thing. And yet you have so many people going batpoo nuts over this just because it doesn't look as good as they hoped? What are these people going to do to escalate when it turns out that something of actual significance is wrong?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,351

jamreal18 said:

jamreal18 said:

I agree on the warriors, but not on the spawn and forsaken..

This is a new game and not DLC. If the base game already has recoloured units, what do you expect on upcoming DLC?

I’m not saying this is a dlc. I’m saying that this game has more new races than the entirety of WH2 had in its lifetime if you count the preorder race. 7 races at launch is the most we’ve ever gotten, so if 4 of those races have some recoloured old units then I’m fine with that.
    Let's not include the Pre-Order race as it is being developed by other team and it has its own budget.

CA is a AAA company. Chaos Daemons shall have different looking units. The reason for that is that they divided Chaos Daemons into sub-race therefore each of subraces units must look different towards each other. Recoloured only? It should be redesigned. Actually it is more easier as they only have to REDESIGN only some of their units instead of CREATING new units.

For example:
    FURIES
    Khorne - muscular
    Tzeench - beak
    Nurgle - puss
    Slannesh - tounge

Anyways, the game has been delayed so there is chance.
    The thing is, from what we have seen, Daemons HAVE unique rosters. The only overlap we have seen from Khorne and Tzeench are Furies, Soulgrinders and Spawn. And 2 of those are entirely new to WH3. (Soulgrinders even arguably being different with their unique weapons) That’s nothing compared to the amount of new stuff we are getting.
    Other than the fact Tzeentch's new units are mostly recolours Forsaken, warriors, even the new disk units are using chaos knights.

The only new units are the flamers and horrors. And pink horrors look to be using too much squig
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,351

I don't understand how it can come as a shock, that CA chooses to recolour, when they also have to make 4 full Daemon rosters. CA got 2 full factions more than usual in this game, so they are obviously gonna cut corners where able.

If they are all like this then the game has essentially 3 factions. And that's not counting the small rosters for khorne and kislev and probably cathay. Meaning the game will have less that warhammer 2.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,739
    Brakier said:

SaintCorn said:

Brakier said:

Enforest said:

Apparently, a Charlemange-starved DLC had enough resources for unique Spawns and Giants for Beastmen, but a brand new $60-$70 standalone game does not.

zero work done on chaos spawn and teenze forsaken and warrior of chaos., just recolor, shameless moneygrab
    even norsca has thier own giant model. why didnt they reuse chaos giants that time? but no mono chaos has to reuse **** from dlc we bought 7 years ago.

I really wouldn't use Norsca as an example of a faction that isn't full of fairly cheaply done units.

Their marauders are basically Chaos Marauders.

Not to mention their Frost Wyrm was actually just a Chaos Dragon but blue.

ya, but in that case it workt imo, maruders makes sense being same, and the dragon, and the dragon was a recolor yea, but this was a racepack, not one of the big 3 games core races.
    Sure for the marauders but it didn't work for the dragon at all. HUGE pity that the ice wyrm only got a recolour. And thanks to SaintCorn for bringing it up. Hell I might post about it on a monthly basis from now on (well no actually).
    Prettiest of the foot overlords.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 900

I don't understand how it can come as a shock, that CA chooses to recolour, when they also have to make 4 full Daemon rosters. CA got 2 full factions more than usual in this game, so they are obviously gonna cut corners where able.

If they are all like this then the game has essentially 3 factions. And that's not counting the small rosters for khorne and kislev and probably cathay. Meaning the game will have less that warhammer 2.
    Does have a point, if Kislev and Cathay are the unique factions with Khorne having reskin warriors but recolor of hounds and chaos spawn with the other 3 having recolor warriors on top of that. There will objectively be less unique units than Game 2 with the 2 Elves (having different weapon styles and animations), Lizardmen and Skaven.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,224
    edited October 3
    It's almost as if the people who warned against monogods were right about budget issues...
    Post edited by Mogwai_Man on
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,195
    edited October 3
    Reeks said:

Laindesh said:

Reeks said:

True we should be conditioned to the fact that Ca enjoys cutting corners by now, can be a tad confusing though when they utter stuff like "god factions will be as different to each other as Empire is to Chaos warriors" and then start spewing out recolor after recolor from the assembly line in Horsham.
    Tbf, CA isn't the only one cutting corners. Its standard practise in the industry to reuse assets and it happens frequently.

Always amused me when people use the good o´l "Relax, the others are doing it as well mkay!" as i don´t give two pots of **** about that, i´m only interested in how the quality of this game is, not how low the gaming business attempt to lower the quality bar in general.
    Oh yes, always assume the worst of people when reading their posts>.>. I was thinking of how its a problem in general in the industry, a problem that needs to go away. Guess i should have wrote that better.
  • Robosoldier1Robosoldier1 Registered Users Posts: 183
    edited October 3
    I concur. Not only do the Chaos gods so far have the exact same units for the most part as the warriors of chaos. But they look exactly 1 to 1. I always wanted CA to go a step further with Giants and add some additional extras to make them stand out. Like Norsca giant uses an Anchor, Chaos giant has a tentacle, Greenskin Giant gives off a aura to the army with some new animations etc. But at least they made the dam giants look different.

Now with this recent DLC coming at the final stretch there playing the annoying money grub game trying to squeeze as much good charity out of consumers by doing the least amount of investment when it comes at least to stuff already touched upon. The fact this is the go to route they went with is even more depressing.

There is a post on here that a guy literally just changed the color of these units using a slider on one of the Paint applications and I have doubt if they could they would just sell it like that. its so depressing.

Chaos spawn: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/298802/leaked-tzeench-spawn-final-model#latest
    Chaos Warriors: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/298808/more-leaked-units-tzeench-chaos-warriors#latest
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 2,120
    Another outrage thread. I’ll add mine to it.
    Ca doing monogods was a huge mistake, anyone defending monos is white knighting for ca.
    🧝‍♀️
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,311

a

Oh hi there

Because I'm totally not ragging at CA for a bunch of things, am I? Oh wait, I am. But I do try to mix up my overly emotional franchise fanboy nonsense with at least a little pinch of actual thought. Not too much, obviously, because that would be entirely unfun and everything, but at least I make an affort to avoid going full emo crybaby.

Now take a look at this topic. Any rational thought? Any coherent analysis of the situation? No, nothing. Just spoiled entitlement through and through.

To be clear, I wouldn't mind better models myself. I want the franchise to end up being all that it could possibly be and having ass ugly mortal recolor models isn't all that it could be. But after five years of WoC being awful, I'm not really that bothered by some cosmetic shortcuts if the gameplay overhaul works. I can live with uninspired cosmetics if the gameplay is good. The reverse situation, not so much.

And then you have some of these absolute jokers who would argue that gameplay is not actually more important than cosmetics. That they'd rather have bad gameplay with beautiful models than the other way around. Obvious goat poo, isn't it? If the gameplay is bad then what's the point of pretty models? Who gives a god damn cup of Nurgle vomit about what the models look like if the game itself isn't fun in the first place?

Speaking of gameplay, what do we actually know about the actual monogod gameplay? The answer is not a thing. Literally not a single damn thing. And yet you have so many people going batpoo nuts over this just because it doesn't look as good as they hoped? What are these people going to do to escalate when it turns out that something of actual significance is wrong?
    I don't see the point of this. Gameplay and visuals in modern games are managed by different pools of people. Gameplay isn't even really a matter of budget, but of design experience and inspiration: tons of indie games out there have great gameplay. Totally different issues.

• drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 460
    How nobody saw reskins when they introduced units like wolf rats that every single faction has?