Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Terracotta Sentinels Unit Spotlight | Total War: WARHAMMER III

Comments

• KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 637
    educated guess:

2 unit spotlights this week, 1 unit spotlight and roster reveal next week.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,158
    This video format tho.... Why they Ditched old Introducing... X unit?
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,630
    Those animations, I get really strong déjà vu when I see them.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    I prefer the DLC unit spotlight really, I like the explanations they give during those.

Game 3 unit spotlights are lacking, to say the least.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    seems like they are omitting the old 3k wushu animation and replacing it with more mechanical spinning attack animation instead
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,158
    edited October 5
    MiniaAr said:

I prefer the DLC unit spotlight really, I like the explanations they give during those.

Why not doing the same?

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    Killertut said:

educated guess:

2 unit spotlights this week, 1 unit spotlight and roster reveal next week.

Oh god fak no.
    That means late october and early november would STILL be on Tzeentch instead of moving on to siege reworks and then Nurgle and Slaanesh.

• littlenukelittlenuke Registered Users Posts: 817
    Someone wanted to reuse flaggelants or something
    Karaz-A-Karak discord: https://discord.gg/UZV6F5N

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,850
    edited October 5

Crossil said:

AHHHH tzeentch soccres have own design!

I think those are Cultists or something, as a straight up unit.
    but they still seems to can magic so cultis soccrecer hero.
    For the moment they only appear to use magical weapons, that doesn't mean that they will also be able to use magic.
    I'm expecting a unit, not a hero. Maybe they will have an ability, but judging from their weapons they will have magic attacks.

Could still be a hero, remember the into kislev trailer when the bear hit the Khorne cultists away (those could of just been marauders, though also could just be the different models for the khorne cultists)?
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,636

Crossil said:

AHHHH tzeentch soccres have own design!

I think those are Cultists or something, as a straight up unit.
    but they still seems to can magic so cultis soccrecer hero.
    Tbf, Tzeentchian units are supposed to have spells. Like, I think every single Daemon unit is capable of it.

But yeah, most likely the hero choice.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,132
    Red_Dox said:

hendo1592 said:

Poor image quality, but Tzeentch cultists?

Interestingly appears to be a unit, not a single hero. We see at least four of them there. Which is then again weird, because https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/wf/m4shoskfubl7.png
    there it seemed to be only one who get stomped. On the other hand does the video show a single Forsaken to get stomped, and we know those operate in units. So probably trailer staged for the "Cultists unit" and it migth indeed be 4 single Cultists for the expected Cultist Hero (similar to Khorne roster).

------Red Dox
    Don't look into the numbers, the same thing happened with the Khrone Cultist, we saw 2 together and people already was thinking they were the Khorne Marauders, it is only a Trailer thing.
  • Naygir_KillazNaygir_Killaz Registered Users Posts: 1,551

MiniaAr said:

Why not doing the same?

I'm sorry but detailed unit previews and spotlights are reserved for DLC units now. WH3's marketing team on the other hand are too high smoking some really powerful crack because right now they are utterly oblivious on what their market wants.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,406

MiniaAr said:

Why not doing the same?

Exactly my point. The Jabberslythe spotlight got me hyped for the unit, the Terracota one really not.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,962
    Could we stop these flashing texts that interrupts the video? I wanna see the units, not whatever is written there ><
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,836
    edited October 5
    Oh look, it's a big SEM. I'm sure this one will look great when it's fighting against a griffon or arachnarok... right?

The screens of the stuff it's squashing are appreciated.

Quick personal note that I preferred the old style spotlight showing the 'development' with the artwork, the plain model etc.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,850
    edited October 5
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

I expect the preorder Announcement is a time CA expects people to pull out their wallets. Because of the delay, I except some warhammer to fill that holiday void.

I think the preorder will be announced in November-December (possibly the same date of the original TWW3 2021 release date.
    MiniaAr said:

MiniaAr said:

Why not doing the same?

Exactly my point. The Jabberslythe spotlight got me hyped for the unit, the Terracota one really not.
    None of WH3 units got my hyped, there is nothing so far I feel about this game, latest BF 2042 Beta trailer got my hyped more than anything recently.

I really wanna see some gameplay, Campaign footage from WH3.

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 844

One week for a unit spotlight of 10 seconds.
    About something we know already and saw 100 times.
    Tzeentch trailer in december.
    CA is literally trolling us.

Nope, considering how everything is mirrored to what Kislev and Khorne were. We will get the roster reveal next, then another unit spotlight, then Tzeentch. In the midst, they have time to add something from the mechanics, such as siege rework, the Great Bastion, etc.

Considering all the fuss there was concerning people not understanding the marketing campaign, it feels pretty straightforward to me in terms of the order of the information so far, mirroring exactly what happened with Kislev and Khorne...
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • EloiPEloiP Registered Users Posts: 11
    Really nice siege rework … at this point i wish its because you have no choice and not a pure marketing choice .. what a meme by CA
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,881
    Fossoway said:

Could we stop these flashing texts that interrupts the video? I wanna see the units, not whatever is written there ><</p>

I'd be fine if the text was actually relevant. Like some lore or something.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 313
    I think the Warhammer 2 marketing team was put in charge of Warhammer 2 DLC while the Warhammer 3 marketing team is an all new team just for this project.

Why would the DLC be in the old format while all the Warhammer 3 stuff is in the new format? despite both coming out at similar times.

I think the Warhammer 3 animators and designers are now stuck with them, so all their work will railroaded by the terrible Warhammer 3 marketing team.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,962
    Neodeinos said:

Fossoway said:

Could we stop these flashing texts that interrupts the video? I wanna see the units, not whatever is written there ><</p>

I'd be fine if the text was actually relevant. Like some lore or something.
    How about a verbal description of the unit along with some concept art, like what they've done for WH1 and WH2? Why change a formula that works?
  • K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 248
    Meh News. Where is my Siege News?
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,881
    I wonder how long it takes to put one of these together.
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 460
    Does anyone want this ****? We already saw them IN TWO TRAILERS!
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955

Marketing team of TWW3 does.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,353

Ironicly, in the "Enter Cathay" trailer we also saw them spinning their weapon around like crazy, while this spotlight did not really show this animation. Just at the end a slight spin to go into waiting mode, instead for unti trashing.

-----Red Dox
  • Tzeentch711Tzeentch711 Registered Users Posts: 74
    edited October 5
    Nice CCP mecha, does it also come with unwanted cryptominers?

EDIT: Well, the video comments are already filled with some addbot spamming, so that is something.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,775
    edited October 5
    Terracotta Automaton

• duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 431
    MiniaAr said:

Lacking?? there is literally nothing!
    SusaVile said:

One week for a unit spotlight of 10 seconds.
    About something we know already and saw 100 times.
    Tzeentch trailer in december.
    CA is literally trolling us.

Nope, considering how everything is mirrored to what Kislev and Khorne were. We will get the roster reveal next, then another unit spotlight, then Tzeentch. In the midst, they have time to add something from the mechanics, such as siege rework, the Great Bastion, etc.

Considering all the fuss there was concerning people not understanding the marketing campaign, it feels pretty straightforward to me in terms of the order of the information so far, mirroring exactly what happened with Kislev and Khorne...
    Lol next? Like Soon™?