Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Horrors look bad

Comments

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,828
    edited October 2021
    tbh not a fan of the daggers.

This is, of course, a criticism of the TT minis too.
  • Serkelet#1834Serkelet#1834 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,067
    They kept pink horrors close to tabletop, and changed the design of the blue horrors to make them more distinct. I like, I'm fine with it.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,074
    Blues do look a bit like Squigs now tho.

• Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,067
    Djau said:

They look like decapitated human Cyclops head grown with blue limbs.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 586
    CA seem to have used the Squigs model as a base and have built off that. I was half expecting to see them hoping around the battlefield.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    jamreal18 said:

Djau said:

• Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,074
    makar55 said:

jamreal18 said:

Djau said:

Oh god I cant unsee it.

makar55 said:

jamreal18 said:

Djau said:

Change the colour of face and make it one eye.
    Also make the arms blue.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    jamreal18 said:

makar55 said:

jamreal18 said:

Djau said:

Change the colour of face and make it one eye.
    Also make the arms blue.
    I could do it, but currently too busy picking up the furniture for my flat.
  • Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 Registered Users Posts: 892
    Ok now I just dont see the problem. They actually look more similar to the artwork and alot better looking then there current models . The only nitpick is I wish they had a bit more tentecals but the idea I see the higher ranking horrors have more tentecals so I dig it
    Their revision of blue horrors kinda went too far.

*The face becomes flesh. They are supposed to be blue.
    *The tentacles has been removed. It's supposed to be in the head, not in butt
    *The animation.......

Imagine Pink Horrors turning into 2 of this creature...
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,317
    They look great but im not sure how you look
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,522
    edited October 2021
    If it's a reskin people cry, if it has it own model and not a same model but different colour, people cry... :p

Before you dont understand clearly what im talking about : Of course the warrior of chaos of Tzeentch need their own models, but some people are going too far, and I just want to show that whatever CA did some will not be happy.

They maybe have some variants, but are not all in the screen to keep some spicy things before release ? Even if not, it's maybe to make them more ''distinguable'' than the others, dont forget it's a game with gameplay and total war have some large battlefield plan, not focused on every unit.

• rrinscheid#7766rrinscheid#7766 Registered Users Posts: 219
    They could look a bit more sinister I guess but overall they look like how I’d figure they would look.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    Red_Dox said:

jamreal18 said:

This turned into this.

Seriously?
    What happened to the face? It is not blue anymore?
    No multi tentacles? They just have tail.

And when tomorrow Exalted Blues with Tentacles get spotted, then what?

------Red Dox
    I then question the point of having these ugly units, and better "exalted" variants, instead of just having one good-looking version of blue horrors and pink horrors.
    Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos
    Nazjax said:

If it's a reskin people cry, if it has it own model and not a same model but different colour, people cry... :p

Are you sure? Look at Jade Warriors of Cathay which has 5 variants.

Blue Horrors are the same unit of Tzeentch
    They have TT Miniatures

Who will complain about them?
  • Red11sgb#3690Red11sgb#3690 Registered Users Posts: 167
    Ehhh I think they are fine.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,961
    I won't say they look bad because I think they look mediocre. There is little model variety.
    edited October 2021
    Red_Dox said:

What was the problem with one eye again?

------Red Dox

If only Blue Horrors look like these.

There is no problem with 1 eye. The face itself on CA's version is the problem. It doesn't look blue anymore. What is that, skull?
    Post edited by Jam#4399 on
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 745

tbh not a fan of the daggers.

This is, of course, a criticism of the TT minis too.

This is a take I can get behind. Honestly, I think the model is fine, and differentiating blues and pinks and exalted versions with the amount of tentacles is clever IMO, else we'd have a situation where there's two reskins complaints flown about. But just to have the blue horrors to attack with their claws or by shooting small spouts of flame in melee range would be so much better in my eyes.

Another complaint I really have is that the blue ones could really use a slightly more vibrant tint of blue. Bloodletters look unnaturally red, let horrors look unnaturally blue.
  • agrobioagrobio Registered Users Posts: 193
    AGREE , BLUE HORROS LOOK TERRIBLE , IS SAME LIKE SQUIGS , AND THEY HAVE SAME ANIMATIONS , PATHETIC CA
    edited October 2021
    Blue Horrors - one eye, one tentacle on head, blue face like in the picture Red_Dox posted

Pink Horrors - just regular Pink Horrors

Iridascent Pink Horror - Pink Horrors with horn

Then playing as Tzeentch will be exciting!
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,106
    agrobio said:

AGREE , BLUE HORROS LOOK TERRIBLE , IS SAME LIKE SQUIGS , AND THEY HAVE SAME ANIMATIONS , PATHETIC CA

I hope this is sarcasm because they really don’t.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,418
    The tentacles have been used as away to visually identify the higher tier/hero horrors. I'm very happy with that; it makes loreful sense and adds quick visual identification.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

The tentacles have been used as away to visually identify the higher tier/hero horrors. I'm very happy with that; it makes loreful sense and adds quick visual identification.

I'm sure everyone would be pleased if they were copy pastes of each other too.
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,106

This would just cause another wave of „debacle“ Threads. So CA was smart to give each Horror version a unique model.

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

Yes!

In here, they look different towards each other.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,961
    jamreal18 said:

Yes!

The Pinkies behind are in fact Heralds. But yes, I do agree that Blue Boys too could use tentacles.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 942
    edited October 2021
    I didn't t expect them to look like this, my first knee-jerk reaction was negative, but now that I look at them again they look rather cool actually. I mean, they look horrible, but they are horrors, soooo good job I guess?
    jamreal18 said:

Djau said:

Is that a good or a bad thing? Genuine question...
  • RamsesIII#4621RamsesIII#4621 Registered Users Posts: 1,173

jamreal18 said:

Yes!

The Pinkies behind are in fact Heralds. But yes, I do agree that Blue Boys too could use tentacles.
    They're actually just pink horrors, but these happen to be the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower models. Definitely more impressive than the normal current pink horror models.