Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cathay's 2 DLC + 2 FLC

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,840
    Monkey King vs Tzeench, Vermillion Dragon FLC

Sea Dragon vs Sea Lord Aislinn, Jade Dragon FLC

Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,270

ArneSo said:

His model would be quite complex and require new animations, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s indeed DLC.

Problem is the competition is fierce for Nurgle.
    Tamurkhan is I think the most likely first DLC LL and rightly so.
    Epidemeus could be DLC or FLC, depends on if Plaguebearer Lords have his mount or not.
    Festus could be DLC with his backpack tentacle thing, but he seems most likely as FLC to me.

ET has the Glottkin who I think is the most likely to be the DLC Lord out of the ET characters. Very flashy model and is the most unique of the new characters.
    The 3 brothers with the mounts I don't think have a chance as actual LLs but are still options and come with admittedly cool mounts.
    Spume is just a guy with a really cool model and backstory. I don't think he'd sell as well as a Glottkin or Tamurkhan. Love to be wrong though as he'd be 3rd on my missing Nurgle character tier list, behind Tamurkhan and Epidemeus.
    Festus is the representative of Nurgle in Warriors of Chaos so technically he will be part of warriors of chaos (although I hope that he is available in both the warriors of chaos list and the Nurgle list)

Tamurkhan is going to be part of a DLC crossgame against the Empire, assuming Khurgan isn't a race that CA has planned to do which I wouldn't rule out, so I wouldn't expect to see him anytime soon.

Epidemius is FLC material like all lesser daemons that are LL.

The three magot riders I think will be reduced to being a generic hero (maybe the cultist of Nurgle?). At most we'll see Morbidex (he's a giant nurgling and that's funny).

Glotkin... I don't like it and I don't think they are good material to make a DLC focused on mortals, which I personally think is the first thing we will see in the DLCs of monogods. He is also very similar to the great unclean ones in combat.

Therefore in my opinion Gutrot is the best option to represent Nurgle in his first DLC.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676
    brago90 said:

ArneSo said:

His model would be quite complex and require new animations, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s indeed DLC.

Epidemeus could be DLC or FLC, depends on if Plaguebearer Lords have his mount or not.
    Festus could be DLC with his backpack tentacle thing, but he seems most likely as FLC to me.

ET has the Glottkin who I think is the most likely to be the DLC Lord out of the ET characters. Very flashy model and is the most unique of the new characters.
    The 3 brothers with the mounts I don't think have a chance as actual LLs but are still options and come with admittedly cool mounts.
    Spume is just a guy with a really cool model and backstory. I don't think he'd sell as well as a Glottkin or Tamurkhan. Love to be wrong though as he'd be 3rd on my missing Nurgle character tier list, behind Tamurkhan and Epidemeus.
    Festus is the representative of Nurgle in Warriors of Chaos so technically he will be part of warriors of chaos (although I hope that he is available in both the warriors of chaos list and the Nurgle list)

Tamurkhan is going to be part of a DLC crossgame against the Empire, assuming Khurgan isn't a race that CA has planned to do which I wouldn't rule out, so I wouldn't expect to see him anytime soon.

The three magot riders I think will be reduced to being a generic hero (maybe the cultist of Nurgle?). At most we'll see Morbidex (he's a giant nurgling and that's funny).

Glotkin... I don't like it and I don't think they are good material to make a DLC focused on mortals, which I personally think is the first thing we will see in the DLCs of monogods. He is also very similar to the great unclean ones in combat.

Therefore in my opinion Gutrot is the best option to represent Nurgle in his first DLC.
    Whaaaat? The Glottkin isn’t DLC material? I mean it’s okay if you don’t like it, but you can’t be seriously if you say that this model wouldn’t sell like hot cakes.

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    ArneSo said:

brago90 said:

ArneSo said:

Whaaaat? The Glottkin isn’t DLC material? I mean it’s okay if you don’t like it, but you can’t be seriously if you say that this model wouldn’t sell like hot cakes.

I have not said that they are not DLC material, I have said that they are not the right ones to represent mortals in a DLC centered on them.

A DLC of Gutrot spume against Aekold Helbrass with the sea dragon as the FLC LL would be super interesting.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183

I think you're mostly right about what's DLC and FLC, (except Jade DRAGON rather than Jade Vampire) but I think there will be more than that. I can't see them not getting 3 LPs minimum and honestly I expect 4 with how popular I expect Cathay to be. I'm just hoping they spice it up more in the LL department, like a Ching Shih character or Jade Vampire or secret Tzeentchy Cultist LL ala Golden Magus or even one of those Stasi Birdmen rather than just more Dragon siblings.

Monkey King gonna be sweet though.

I do hope too for at least one human LL, or a vampire, but realistically, the 5 Dragon Children + Monkey King, that's 6 LLs already, and that's already a whole lot for a game that have 6 core races to attend to and flesh out, and a plethora of older races needing LPs, and a few new races to add !
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676
    Maelas said:

I think you're mostly right about what's DLC and FLC, (except Jade DRAGON rather than Jade Vampire) but I think there will be more than that. I can't see them not getting 3 LPs minimum and honestly I expect 4 with how popular I expect Cathay to be. I'm just hoping they spice it up more in the LL department, like a Ching Shih character or Jade Vampire or secret Tzeentchy Cultist LL ala Golden Magus or even one of those Stasi Birdmen rather than just more Dragon siblings.

I do hope too for at least one human LL, or a vampire, but realistically, the 5 Dragon Children + Monkey King, that's 6 LLs already, and that's already a whole lot for a game that have 6 core races to attend to and flesh out, and a plethora of older races needing LPs, and a few new races to add !
    My dream line up for Cathay would be:
    - 5 Dragons
    - Monkey King
    - Harakhte
    - some Monk Grandmaster

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,494
    brago90 said:

I don't see the point in WoC getting Mono LLs any more, if anything Sigvald should be moved to Mono Slannesh. Why bother having Monogods if Undivided still gets their characters?
    brago90 said:

My preference is starting cross LPS ASAP but true will probably be a wait for Tamurkhan.
    brago90 said:

I don't understand this mindset. Besides Skulltaker look at how different the models for Lessers are from the Heralds. Blue Scribes are a twin unit ala Sisters, Masque is 3 armed and doesn't walk, but dances everywhere she moves and Epidemeus has a unique mount with his own Book of Grudges in the tally book. I can see them as either DLC or FLC if CA expands the budget but their not definitively FLC tier.
    brago90 said:

Glotkin... I don't like it

Based and Correct. Both of us are in the minority however. Glottkin has the flash factor going on for him and his very OP nature (see any DLC LL post Ikit-Claw)
    brago90 said:

I care little who comes first tbh, just as long as we get all the good characters Nurgle has.
    brago90 said:

A DLC of Gutrot spume against Aekold Helbrass with the sea dragon as the FLC LL would be super interesting.

Holy **** that'd be awesome! Love Helbrass, but I imagine they'd go with Vilitch as DLC first since he's 8th and has a more unique model. God I want Helbrass though.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,351
    ArneSo said:

Well, it's hard to tell.

Monkey King is likely to be the 1st Cathay DLC. The one that brings the Monkey Warriors that are the 2nd most numerous race in Cathay. I believe Lord Packs will start with WH3 races only, for them all to quickly somewhat meet the standards of the WH1/WH2 races. So I'd bet against one of the many LL-worthy Nurgle dudes.

Fire Dragon is FLC material. Probably alongside the MK vs Nurgle DLC.

Sea Dragon is a tricky one. A DLC would offer a thematic match-up with High Elves that are currently missing their Sea Theme. Maybe more aerial units and Sea-themed Corsairs or whatever for Cathay. But should a Nippon Campaign Pack happen, she'd also be the perfect FLC.

Now, between Jade Dragon and Jade Vampire, I really don't know. I feel that for the sake of their names, they should somewhat come together. Maybe Jade Dragon DLC with Vampire Lords/Heroes or Legendary Hero ? Maybe Jade Vampire DLC with Jade Dragon FLC ?

Given how well rounded cathaya roster is and how many mechanics they have, they really need to start with cross game packs otherwise game 2 races are going to lag even further behind.
    What??? How can WH2 races be behind WH3 ones when they have huge rosters and 6-7 LLs?

Nah mate, WH3 races really have to catch up. They only have 1-2 LLs and pretty small and compact rosters.

If you expect crossovers from the start you just set yourself up for disappointment.
    Meant game 1 not 2

Maelas said:

I doubt we are going to get 5 dragons, that would be reparative as he'll. Just because we have been given there names doesn't mean they will be in game. Think about all the other named rules of different races we don't have.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,462
    ArneSo said:

brago90 said:

ArneSo said:

I personally don't think we will get pure ET characters in TW:WH, I think Nurgle mortals will be picked from Festus, Spume and Tamurkhan. I would like Glotkin but I don't think they will be added
    But I think we will get 4 dragons - missing the Jade if we have a map that goes all the way east, missing the azure if it does not go all the way east (I think missing Jade is more likely as he is noted as the administrator).

So I think:

the 2 cores
    Monkey King (DLC) + Fire Dragon (FLC): Martial arts stuff added, maybe temple dogs too?
    Azure Dragon + Human LL: maybe Kirin (I forget the chinese spelling), Dragon turtle stuff

But that is my super early guess at how Cathay will pan out: 6 LLs made up with 2 LPs and 2 FLCs, but a 3rd LP is definitely possible especially if CA keeps to the "needs a core race in LPs" rule holds.

Maelas said:

I doubt we are going to get 5 dragons, that would be reparative as he'll. Just because we have been given there names doesn't mean they will be in game. Think about all the other named rules of different races we don't have.
    I mean, other races have armybooks to pick characters from. And even then, I'd say we already have almost all the named rulers in the game.

Cathay, however, doesn't have any precedent, so I don't see why CA and GW would go through the troubles of creating 3 more dragons, give them provinces to lead in lore, only to turn around and say "Actually, they won't come in the game, the next LL is Sima Yi 2.0 : this time he's Tzeentch-aligned"
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,630

In the latest interview @CA_Andy said that there many High Elves living in the Sea Dragon's city. I don't think they will fight each other. More likely, it is going to be Dark Elves or Nippon.

In the latest interview @CA_Andy said that there many High Elves living in the Sea Dragon's city. I don't think they will fight each other. More likely, it is going to be Dark Elves or Nippon.
    I see what you mean, I guess it depends on how CA want to theme it. DEs for example don't have a maritime LL left to helm the DLC, so if the theme is Naval HEs might fit. The Azure Dragon is noted as being expansionist, maybe she wants to capture a HE fort/tower/colony in the sea off of Cathay for example, and Aislinn has been sent to defend it.

Also I doubt nippon would get a LP, I think it will be a 1 and done CP personally (if it is added, which I hope it is).
    Goatforce said:

I see what you mean, I guess it depends on how CA want to theme it. DEs for example don't have a maritime LL left to helm the DLC, so if the theme is Naval HEs might fit. The Azure Dragon is noted as being expansionist, maybe she wants to capture a HE fort/tower/colony in the sea off of Cathay for example, and Aislinn has been sent to defend it.

Also I doubt nippon would get a LP, I think it will be a 1 and done CP personally (if it is added, which I hope it is).
    Dark Elves still have one of the Helbane to use ! They're maritime-themed, are related to Elithis, which should be on the WH3 map and, to boot, they come from Clar Karond, the last big city in Naggaroth without a dedicated LL !
    Goatforce said:

I personally don't think we will get pure ET characters in TW:WH, I think Nurgle mortals will be picked from Festus, Spume and Tamurkhan.

Spume is a pure ET character though. His origin is from the Glottkin book.

brago90 said:

I don't see the point in WoC getting Mono LLs any more, if anything Sigvald should be moved to Mono Slannesh. Why bother having Monogods if Undivided still gets their characters?
    brago90 said:

My preference is starting cross LPS ASAP but true will probably be a wait for Tamurkhan.
    brago90 said:

I don't understand this mindset. Besides Skulltaker look at how different the models for Lessers are from the Heralds. Blue Scribes are a twin unit ala Sisters, Masque is 3 armed and doesn't walk, but dances everywhere she moves and Epidemeus has a unique mount with his own Book of Grudges in the tally book. I can see them as either DLC or FLC if CA expands the budget but their not definitively FLC tier.
    brago90 said:

Glotkin... I don't like it

Based and Correct. Both of us are in the minority however. Glottkin has the flash factor going on for him and his very OP nature (see any DLC LL post Ikit-Claw)
    brago90 said:

I care little who comes first tbh, just as long as we get all the good characters Nurgle has.
    brago90 said:

Holy **** that'd be awesome! Love Helbrass, but I imagine they'd go with Vilitch as DLC first since he's 8th and has a more unique model. God I want Helbrass though.
    The existence of monogods is not a reason to remove characters from Warriors of chaos. Warriors of chaos needs a representative from each god. They represent undivided chaos not the leftovers of chaos.

And my motive for facing Gutrot Spume with Aekold helbrass is the concept of both characters.
    Gutrot is the lord of the tentacles and the tentacles are an element closely associated with Tzeetch. On the other hand Aekold has the blessing of the gift of life something (the manipulation of life) that is much more common in Nurgle.

It is as if both gods took something from the other and said to each other '' **** you, I can do it better than you ''
    edited October 14
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

I mean, other races have armybooks to pick characters from. And even then, I'd say we already have almost all the named rulers in the game.

Cathay, however, doesn't have any precedent, so I don't see why CA and GW would go through the troubles of creating 3 more dragons, give them provinces to lead in lore, only to turn around and say "Actually, they won't come in the game, the next LL is Sima Yi 2.0 : this time he's Tzeentch-aligned"
    Other than all the named Elector Counts, Brettonian Dukes, HE Princes and princesses, slann lords etc.

Giving a chracters a name and once sentence if background info isn't exactly going though the trouble. That's something thag should just be done if they want to make Cathay with the background like the other races.

A third dragin lord would be ok, a 4tg would be taking the ****. They won't exactly be that different. Mage, melee hybrid with Dragon transformation of a different colour.
    Goatforce said:

Maybe Dark Elves launch the second Crusade of Blood.

• RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 599
    Andy also mentioned Tigerman, so that sounds like a unit that will probably be introduced with the Monkey King DLC.

I personally hope that if they will do a chaos dlc they would do it differently compared to the lord packs we had so far. So maybe 1 or 2 new units for all the monogods and one LL for all off them.

This way they can focus on new races and W1 races that might need some polishing like the vampires and dwarfs.

But he who knows.

Goatforce said:

No need to search this far, you have those two cuties already raiding right along the Cathayan coast in lore !

brago90 said:

The existence of monogods is not a reason to remove characters from Warriors of chaos. Warriors of chaos needs a representative from each god. They represent undivided chaos not the leftovers of chaos.

And my motive for facing Gutrot Spume with Aekold helbrass is the concept of both characters.
    Gutrot is the lord of the tentacles and the tentacles are an element closely associated with Tzeetch. On the other hand Aekold has the blessing of the gift of life something (the manipulation of life) that is much more common in Nurgle.

It is as if both gods took something from the other and said to each other '' **** you, I can do it better than you ''

Problem is to me Monogods has made Warriors the scraps of Chao as has it murdered Daemons of Chaos. I expect Belakor to lead Undivided DoC and Archaon/Kholek to be Undivided Warriors but that's it. The rest goes to the Monos. My preference is being able to use any Chaos warrior in either it's respective mono or undivided, so Spume can be Mono or Warrior but I expect CA to abandon WoC as they have Bretonnia. Glad to be proven wrong though as I much prefer Undivided armies to Mono ones.

I really like the LP idea though. Never thought about Helbrass in an LP but yeah him vs Nurgle is actually extremely thematic now that you mention it. Would love to see it actually happen. I just hope Aekold has enough of a fanbase to warrant a resurrection like Rakarth did.

Goatforce said:

I personally don't think we will get pure ET characters in TW:WH, I think Nurgle mortals will be picked from Festus, Spume and Tamurkhan.

Spume is a pure ET character though. His origin is from the Glottkin book.
    Well I'll be damned, I had thought he was an 8th edition character!
    Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

No need to search this far, you have those two cuties already raiding right along the Cathayan coast in lore !

I prefer this cutie, though:

Goatforce said:

I can see how tbh. He's a lot more normal than the other Nurgle ET characters. He's a guy with tentacles like a ton of Nurgle Warriors.
    Maelas said:

Isn't that the one who Veresh obsessed over?

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,646
    On the one hand, the other trio of Dragon Siblings seem very tied to their respective areas.

On the other, it will be a bit weird if every Cathayan character actually starts in Cathay, considering the lord placement of TWW2. I half expect that we'll get Li Dao in Erengrad, or what you will.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432

Goatforce said:

I can see how tbh. He's a lot more normal than the other Nurgle ET characters. He's a guy with tentacles like a ton of Nurgle Warriors.

I just love Spume's back story. I especially love how Nurgle reacted to his failure.

All the other gods turned away when it became clear he would fail. Nurgle was like "Oh nice try my boy. It took balls just attempt that. Here let's get that arm patched up with the kraken hatchling that ate it. Now I like your can-do attitude and I've got a position open for a Plague Fleet captain. What do you say buddy?"

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

Isn't that the one who Veresh obsessed over?

Sadly it is, but I'm trying to claw them out of this tragically tarnished reputation he sullied them with and redeem them because they're cool and it's one of the only, genuine love story Druchiis have !
    Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Dark Elves still have one of the Helbane to use ! They're maritime-themed, are related to Elithis, which should be on the WH3 map and, to boot, they come from Clar Karond, the last big city in Naggaroth without a dedicated LL !
    I guess, I just don't know if DEs will even get another LP. I mean not saying they won't, but it seems far less cut and dry than, say, HEs. DEs are armybook complete in terms of units with a couple of more minor named characters as well which isn't much, whereas HEs have armybook and FW units left, as well as a couple of generic characters and Named characters.

I don't mean to phrase that as a contest of "either HE or DE", just that I think a DE LP is uncertain - it may happen, but may not - whereas I think we can be pretty confident that HEs have a LP left in them.
    Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

I guess, I just don't know if DEs will even get another LP. I mean not saying they won't, but it seems far less cut and dry than, say, HEs. DEs are armybook complete in terms of units with a couple of more minor named characters as well which isn't much, whereas HEs have armybook and FW units left, as well as a couple of generic characters and Named characters.

I don't mean to phrase that as a contest of "either HE or DE", just that I think a DE LP is uncertain - it may happen, but may not - whereas I think we can be pretty confident that HEs have a LP left in them.
    A DLC of Khaine vs Khorne is something that we will surely see. Tullaris vs Skarr Bloodwrath, The killer and the unkilled.