Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

FLC races.

KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 900
edited October 14 in General Discussion
Edit: Some people seems to have misunderstood my stance. I am for adding DLC for Dwarfs and Bretonnia (if GW adds enough content to warrant such in game 3) and not a big fan or Ogre Kingdoms Preorder cause it limits their potential.

A few question.

Bretonnia was added as FLC in game 1 and Dwarfs reintroduced as FLC in game 2. Do you expect some more races to get this treatment in game 3?

If more races do, should they be excluded from getting DLC after that. My main concern is if Bretonnia gets new content in "The Old World" TT should the community expect this as DLC or FLC in game 3.

What about the dwarfs and some of there awesome missing units?

P.S: Customary add Deathroller in the Engineering DLC.

We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
Post edited by KirGeo on

Comments

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    I think there is a chance for Ogres to be a FLC race of TWW3, while preorder bonus will be something else.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 900
    makar55 said:

I think there is a chance for Ogres to be a FLC race of TWW3, while preorder bonus will be something else.

A Bretonnia situation that is possible. I'm not a fan but it is a possibility.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,237
    I imagine we will see another FLC Brettonia lord on errantry in the darklands.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,132
    makar55 said:

You are not getting Stonehorns and Thundertusks for free.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,073
    Dwarfs as FLC was very likely a one time thing for the end of WH2 when CA had no more plans to monetize the game, they did not lose any profit by giving away the Dwarfs as FLC and gained goodwill instead. For WH3 they have a new chance to monetize Dwarfs with DLC which they will probably take so no FLC Dawi in 3.

Bretonnia will likely be the FLC race once more, it is expect by now. Could be a DLC down the road if Brets get updated in TOW but it could also be that CA management have already written off Bretonnia and are not interested in investing in it. Time will tell.
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 132
    Dogs of War could fit the bill, providing Regiments of renown for all races (with limitations, Ruglud's armoured Orc's aren't going to find a home in Thorgrim's army, for example). Then a simple army list of Tilean state troops, halflings, ogres, knights and marauders could be quickly thrown together with two or three legendary lords. I'd prefer them as a full race pack, but I am beginning to believe they are behind Chaos Dwarfs and Nippon in priority,
    KN_Gars said:

Dwarfs as FLC was very likely a one time thing for the end of WH2 when CA had no more plans to monetize the game, they did not lose any profit by giving away the Dwarfs as FLC and gained goodwill instead. For WH3 they have a new chance to monetize Dwarfs with DLC which they will probably take so no FLC Dawi in 3.

Bretonnia will likely be the FLC race once more, it is expect by now. Could be a DLC down the road if Brets get updated in TOW but it could also be that CA management have already written off Bretonnia and are not interested in investing in it. Time will tell.

A pragmatic approach. Hopefully CA sees value in proper DLC for Dwarfs and what ever additions GW makes to Bretonnia comes to game 3 whether as DLC or FLC.

Do you think an reworks/additions that GW will make to Bretonnia will just be added to this?
    Or don't see a lot of updates for Bretonnia? One of the things Andy from CA said was GW wanted to bring Cathy up to 8th edition standards. It is likely that Bretonnia will get the same treatment since they were shown of by GW before Kislev or Cathay.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,840
    The Ogre Kingdoms 8th edition armybook has 29 units form what I've counted (Including Weapon Variants (except maneaters), LLs, Lords and Heroes)

From there we can subtract:
    Slave giants, effectively already in game, 28
    Bulls, Bulls dual weapons, in game, 26
    Mournfang Cav, 25
    Maneater Greatweapons, Maneater Pistols, still 25
    Bragg the Gutsman, he's probably not coming at launch (I think Ogres will have 3 LLs), 24

Of the 24 remaining units, 4 of them are weapon variants of existing units + the maneaters, which are also variants.

That's ~20 new units, lords and heroes that a Ogre Preorder would need to add, meaning it's quite possible as a preorder with a full 8th edition roster, assuming the preorder budget has at least somewhat increased. However, that's not FLC material.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,238

B O H E M O N D or riot

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,597
    If we're getting a FLC race, then take a relatively simple minor race, add it in with 2 LLs. Done. Take the pick out of Halflings, Albion, Amazons, Fishmen or whatever similar race.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432
    Djau said:

If we're getting a FLC race, then take a relatively simple minor race, add it in with 2 LLs. Done. Take the pick out of Halflings, Albion, Amazons, Fishmen or whatever similar race.

I just want fishmen explicitly confirmed to exist and called Fishmen
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,840
    55JoNNo said:

B O H E M O N D or riot
    Bohemond works as FLC for game 3 for sure. CA have expressed interest in him, and Bretonnia can really be placed anywhere because of the whole Errantry War idea.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,462
    I think if there is a FLC race it will be Nagash, functionaing a bit like an undead version of what Be'Lakor will probably be.
  • DemonRazielDemonRaziel Registered Users Posts: 152
    Personally I think we will get another Bretonnia FLC.

And my 1st guess is Bertrand the Brigand with his own mechanics and Faceless as a new Lord option and Herrimaults as a new unit (Faceless being the generic option of Bertrand and Herrimaults being a Huntsmen derivative would keep this at an FLC level comparable to Repanse FLC).

My 2nd guess woul be Bohemond.

If they, however, introduce a full-fledged DLC with a lot of new stuff (possibly drawn from TOW), I'd be perfectly fine with that.
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,037
    No, a faction should not be excluded from future DLC just because they are FLC. There's no reason that should even be a thing.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,490
    User_Clue said:

No, a faction should not be excluded from future DLC just because they are FLC. There's no reason that should even be a thing.

exactly if that was the case than warlord and king should become a FLC ,

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,850

This. CA has given bretonnia for free to TWW1 and 2 owners. They’ll do the same with the third installment and creating another LL imo is the best option to do it.
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,037
    hendo1592 said:

This. CA has given bretonnia for free to TWW1 and 2 owners. They’ll do the same with the third installment and creating another LL imo is the best option to do it.
    The Dwarfs were also included in both games for no extra cost.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
    A FLC lord for Dwarf and Bretonnia to gain access to base units with DLC if Bretonnia gets a proper update feels like a good deal.

Hopefully Ogres aren't a FLC of game 3.
    User_Clue said:

hendo1592 said:

They weren’t free in TWW1
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 867
    CA's DLC system is very focused on buying exactly what is in a pack and as such there isn't a reason to worry about whether a faction is available as both DLC and FLC since that's irrelevant when purchasing a lord pack or race pack. The base roster for races is largely covered by the initial game price meaning when CA gives a dwarf campaign away for free they're not giving away old content (the other 3 dwarf lords can be purchased separately), merely providing access to new content which shares assets.

If a dwarf or bretonnian lord pack becomes available in game 3 you'll be paying for those lords, campaigns, and new units, but if you want the other start positions and mechanics you'll need to buy those separately.

It's a fairly a la carte system, though not perfectly so since you can't buy dlc without the base game. With this new paradigm base rosters aren't really the sole selling point of DLC. Start positions and campaign mechanics are and those remain valuable even if later packs offer better value from a roster perspective (silence and the fury).
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    FLC Ogres means free new lore, Yhtee and Ironblaster
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,490
    hendo1592 said:

User_Clue said:

hendo1592 said:

sure they were , you got grombriandal to free and you got them with the base game.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• Foe-HammerFoe-Hammer Registered Users Posts: 52
    edited October 14

The Ogre Kingdoms 8th edition armybook has 29 units form what I've counted (Including Weapon Variants (except maneaters), LLs, Lords and Heroes)

From there we can subtract:
    Slave giants, effectively already in game, 28
    Bulls, Bulls dual weapons, in game, 26
    Mournfang Cav, 25
    Maneater Greatweapons, Maneater Pistols, still 25
    Bragg the Gutsman, he's probably not coming at launch (I think Ogres will have 3 LLs), 24

Of the 24 remaining units, 4 of them are weapon variants of existing units + the maneaters, which are also variants.

That's ~20 new units, lords and heroes that a Ogre Preorder would need to add, meaning it's quite possible as a preorder with a full 8th edition roster, assuming the preorder budget has at least somewhat increased. However, that's not FLC material.

Don’t forget rhinox cavalry from White dwarf

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,351
    KirGeo said:

A FLC lord for Dwarf and Bretonnia to gain access to base units with DLC if Bretonnia gets a proper update feels like a good deal.

Dwarfs need a dlc not a flc
    edited October 14

KirGeo said:

Dwarfs need a dlc not a flc
    Agreed 100%

You seem to have skipped a few steps. My stance is to make sure every race gets the best content they can. Part of the community is against Bretonnia getting DLC (provided GW adds more content for DLC) and now Dwarfs fall in the same state with the last FLC.

To people complaining that both races are FLC and should be available as such in game 3 and FLC lord with the base roster and DLC with proper Engineering DLC and what ever future content GW adds.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,775
    edited October 14
    I thought you mean races that will appear on Campaign Map that aren't playable

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/299559/enormous-amount-of-new-cathay-lore
    jamreal18 said:

I thought you mean races that will appear on Campaign Map that aren't playable

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/299559/enormous-amount-of-new-cathay-lore

If game 2 is anything to go by most older races should be available to play in the campaign map and combined map in some form if it is supported long enough.
    saweendra said:

hendo1592 said:

User_Clue said:

hendo1592 said:

sure they were , you got grombriandal to free and you got them with the base game.
    saweendra said:

hendo1592 said:

User_Clue said:

hendo1592 said:

You had to buy the game. Dwarfs along with all the other content in the game was not free. There was a charge. You had to own TWW to get grombrindal for free. What are you on about?

Also, I’m not against bretonnia content or even a dlc- but there’s no chance they will pass on giving the content for free to TWW3 owners-as they did for TWW owners and then again for TWW2 owners.