Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Enter the World of Tzeentch + Mechanics

Comments

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,151
    The campaign mechanics looks amazing, the tzeentch daemons look amazing, everything looks amazing. Those chaos warriors however are a blemish on what otherwise looks like a really cool faction, please give them a new model.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 855
    mechanics - 404
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,066
    Look, I'm sorry but I just can't get too excited with those warrior reskins. Maybe I'm being dramatic but I feel it's just taken all the wind(heh) out of Tzeentch's sails.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,967
    Nice to see different mechanics between the gods as well as LL specific, so glad we got monos.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,881
    Warriors are still recolours booooooo !

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

#JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    The Lord of Change clearly doesn't like his Warriors of Chaos changing their armour...

...or colours other than blue. I miss the crazy rainbow days of 3rd edition, when Tzeentch (and Chaos too) was a riot of colours and mutations.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 986

1v0 said:

Great trailer !

But oh nooo more models reuse !!!
    Chaos spawns
    Furries
    Forsaken
    Chaos warriors
    Sarthorael
    Soul grinder (maybe it has different assests not juste a reskin not sure...)

4 models from old WH !!!! And 2 Reskins from other chaos gods !!!! = 6 RESKINS !

This is the worse please CA, say something about this !

Well the Furies and the Soul Grinder are going to be reused because TT stuff. But the soulgrinders have different upper bodies and supposedly different roles
    I can't say for sure about the soulgrinder... I hope they use different upper bodies but... Until I see Khorne and Tzeentch side by side Can't say for sure.

But still 4 units from old WH... I have already paid for all that... I don't want to pay for it again... I expected more...

I will be OK with furries and even with Forsaken, maybe even soul grinder...
    But I can't accept greater daemon of tzeentch to reuse WH1 model, same for Warriors... and 50/50 about Chaos spawn... If it was only 1 chaos spawn reuse (in only 1 chaos god race) I would be OK but at this point we will get 6 (4 gods + 2 for BM and WOC recolours of Chaos spawns (2 models))
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,630
    First impressions:

1. Herald is just a remodelled Pink Horror despite TT miniatures having their own unique body shapes. That's cheap.
    2. Generic Lord of Change is using Game1's model. That's hellishly cheap.
    3. It appears that Kairos lost some of his miniature's fine details. This requires further investigation.
    4. Horrors have little model variety.
    5. A lot of retextures.

I appreciate the mood of the cinematic, but the hype falls apart after closer inspection.
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 323
    Those disk riders look like they're having a good time.

Not much of a Chaos fan but Tzeentch looks like it might be playthrough #2 for me.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,636
    edited October 15
    Krunch said:

Look, I'm sorry but I just can't get too excited with those warrior reskins. Maybe I'm being dramatic but I feel it's just taken all the wind(heh) out of Tzeentch's sails.

Hell, the mounts are the same and still have undivided chaos iconography on them.

It's just crap design choice in everything that isn't Daemons.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,415
    I need papa Nurgle... soon
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    edited October 15
    Highlights for those who can't see:

The Great Game never ceases between the Chaos Gods. It represents their endless attempts to one-up each other, the endless infighting of Chaos that ensures that even should they dominate the world, it is unlikely to ever know peace. Even the Gods that can stand each other rarely see eye-to-eye and alliances are rarer than a surprised Lord of Change.

Thus, it is represented in WARHAMMER III as which god is in the ascendant, powering up all their factions on the map. This is in the form of improvements to Unholy Manifestations – four free abilities available to every daemon faction, which are unlocked as that faction’s corruption spreads through the world. Yes, corruption is now split between general Chaos corruption and four types, one for each God. We’ll detail this system at another time, but what you need to know right now is that Unholy Manifestations unlock as more corruption for your god is spread across the land.

CULTS

As well as the passive effects of high corruption, which are unique to each god and will be detailed down the line, Cults can form once a god is particularly dominant in a region. This cult becomes a foreign building slot, owned by you, that can construct unique buildings based on your dedicated god. Tzeentch’s options are:

Sanctuary
    Generates grimoires per turn.

Repository
    Generates more grimoires per turn but requires high winds of magic level.

Sanctum
    Generates a decent amount of income but also requires high winds of magic level.

Campus
    Destroys the cult but increases winds of magic here and in all adjacent to Tempestuous.

You probably don’t require the entire knowledge base of Tzeentch to understand the strategy here, but naturally it all depends on where your cults develop and what you’re in need of. Generating huge amounts of grimoires can be far more valuable than income, after all, particularly in the late game.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,658
    1v0 said:

1v0 said:

Great trailer !

Chaos spawns
    Furries
    Forsaken
    Chaos warriors
    Sarthorael

4 models from old WH !!!! And 2 Reskins from other chaos gods !!!! = 6 RESKINS !

Well the Furies and the Soul Grinder are going to be reused because TT stuff. But the soulgrinders have different upper bodies and supposedly different roles
    I can't say for sure about the soulgrinder... I hope they use different upper bodies but... Until I see Khorne and Tzeentch side by side Can't say for sure.

But still 4 units from old WH... I have already paid for all that... I don't want to pay for it again... I expected more...

But I can't accept greater daemon of tzeentch to reuse WH1 model, same for Warriors... and 50/50 about Chaos spawn... If it was only 1 chaos spawn reuse (in only 1 chaos god race) I would be OK but at this point we will get 6 (4 gods + 2 for BM and WOC recolours of Chaos spawns (2 models))
    in the sketch he have a diffrent, head, upper body and other weapon also remodel, furies no idea must see how they look by khorne in comparision.

• NinaranNinaran Registered Users Posts: 427
    Blue Chaos Warriors

Blue Forsaken

Blue Chaos Spawn

:/
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 410
    all i saw was the reused and recoloured units from WH1 they took the whole show. SO BAD!
  • drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 460
    not enough copy pasta lol
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432
    1v0 said:

1v0 said:

Great trailer !

Chaos spawns
    Furries
    Forsaken
    Chaos warriors
    Sarthorael

We KNOW the Soulgrinder has a different head and weapon.

The Furies I briefly thought looked like they might actually have different faces but I wouldn't bet on it. Also you might want to spell it with a single r, furries are a Slaanesh cult

1v0 said:

1v0 said:

Great trailer !

Chaos spawns
    Furries
    Forsaken
    Chaos warriors
    Sarthorael

We KNOW the Soulgrinder has a different head and weapon.
    Which is about as far as it went. Face and one arm changed, while the rest is simply repainted.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• drogarito92drogarito92 Registered Users Posts: 460
    and these mechanics are totally not seen in deathmaster sknitch's campaign hahah
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 501
    The campaign mechanics are great. Hope we get 4 player campaigns so I can constantly mess with my friends using those deliciously manipulative mechanics.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,658
    Also what got me hyped.

" Future DLC and FLC that aligns itself to Tzeentch will use some or all these mechanics as well as that Legendary Lord’s specifics. We plan to support Total War: WARHAMMER III for a long, long time. Onwards! "

• DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 110
    sigh )= I fear for nurgle as well, since putrid blightknights are no regular warriors.. maybe we could see slaanesh marauders instead of chaos warriors
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 323
    Yo these mechanics are insane. I think they've actually one-upped Cathay.

Also, Winds of Magic rework:

So, even CA has started calling these monogod factions.....

I think they take more ideas off the forums than people realize.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 927
    Can't say I understand any complaint on the models, they look amazing to me.
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 529
    I come directly from the TROY forum and TW historical titles to support the cause of #justiceforTzeentch.
    all nice, but there is an absolute need to fix the chaos warrior models.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,490
    Crossil said:

So, even CA has started calling these monogod factions.....

I think they take more ideas off the forums than people realize.

I hope they do that more.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,646

Highlights for those who can't see:

Interesting that the Dreaded Wo appear to be represented by a Chaos Warriors icon, and not a Norsca icon.

I also wonder if this means Chaos Warriors are being changed into a settled faction, or if revealing a faction's territory for a Horde will just be a poor use of Grimoires.