Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Enter the World of Tzeentch + Mechanics

Comments

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 986

1v0 said:

1v0 said:

Great trailer !

But oh nooo more models reuse !!!
    Chaos spawns
    Furries
    Forsaken
    Chaos warriors
    Sarthorael
    Soul grinder (maybe it has different assests not juste a reskin not sure...)

4 models from old WH !!!! And 2 Reskins from other chaos gods !!!! = 6 RESKINS !

This is the worse please CA, say something about this !

Well the Furies and the Soul Grinder are going to be reused because TT stuff. But the soulgrinders have different upper bodies and supposedly different roles
    I can't say for sure about the soulgrinder... I hope they use different upper bodies but... Until I see Khorne and Tzeentch side by side Can't say for sure.

But still 4 units from old WH... I have already paid for all that... I don't want to pay for it again... I expected more...

I will be OK with furries and even with Forsaken, maybe even soul grinder...
    But I can't accept greater daemon of tzeentch to reuse WH1 model, same for Warriors... and 50/50 about Chaos spawn... If it was only 1 chaos spawn reuse (in only 1 chaos god race) I would be OK but at this point we will get 6 (4 gods + 2 for BM and WOC recolours of Chaos spawns (2 models))
    We KNOW the Soulgrinder has a different head and weapon.

The Furies I briefly thought looked like they might actually have different faces but I wouldn't bet on it. Also you might want to spell it with a single r, furries are a Slaanesh cult
    I want to see them(soulgrinders) ingame... At this point I don't trust it...

Yea xD its furies not Furries xD oh damn, thats one really wrong misspelling.

But still 4 units from old WH... and FURIES :D . 5 ... add to that soulgrinder with just different head and arm...
    Uhhh feels bad
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432
    Anyone actually good at this sort of thing, are there more faint backwards whispers at the end?
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    While Tzeentch (and our other Chaos factions) feature only one Legendary Lord to begin with, the mechanics outlined below are defined as those specific to the god, rather than Kairos – we’ll detail him at a later date. Future DLC and FLC that aligns itself to Tzeentch will use some or all these mechanics as well as that Legendary Lord’s specifics. We plan to support Total War: WARHAMMER III for a long, long time. Onwards!

Nice, plenty of mono DLC and FLC on way, for a long time to come.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,292
    All mostly looks pretty good, unfortunately I have to despite not caring about the recoloured warriors did CA really have to use the WH1 LoC model?? It looks so terrible compared Kairos, can only hope its only for the unit version who I wouldn't be recruiting anyway.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    Cults. Nice.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,658

While Tzeentch (and our other Chaos factions) feature only one Legendary Lord to begin with, the mechanics outlined below are defined as those specific to the god, rather than Kairos – we’ll detail him at a later date. Future DLC and FLC that aligns itself to Tzeentch will use some or all these mechanics as well as that Legendary Lord’s specifics. We plan to support Total War: WARHAMMER III for a long, long time. Onwards!

Nice, plenty of mono DLC and FLC on way, for a long time to come.

*skaven and lizardman fans"

Yup welcome in the club.

• MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 914
    Also I want to add that the sound that the blue horror made are **** hilarious.

YLAWLYAWLYAWLYAW
  • OmegaDestroyerOmegaDestroyer Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited October 15
    I really like how this faction sounds incredibly annoying and scummy.

It fits perfectly.
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792
    edited October 15

Highlights for those who can't see:

Interesting that the Dreaded Wo appear to be represented by a Chaos Warriors icon, and not a Norsca icon.

I also wonder if this means Chaos Warriors are being changed into a settled faction, or if revealing a faction's territory for a Horde will just be a poor use of Grimoires.
    Yes, the Dreaded Wo is a Chaos Tribe North East (maybe North West it's a weird angle) of Cathay, pretty close the the Great Bastion. Would most likely be a Norsca clone.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,636
    edited October 15

Highlights for those who can't see:

Interesting that the Dreaded Wo appear to be represented by a Chaos Warriors icon, and not a Norsca icon.

I also wonder if this means Chaos Warriors are being changed into a settled faction, or if revealing a faction's territory for a Horde will just be a poor use of Grimoires.
    That's actually something I personally expected. I thought that CA might prefer making some Kurgan/Hung factions into WoC factions, while some are turned into Norsca factions. This is mostly governed by how they behave, but also by their LL. So, for instance, I think Sayl's faction would be Norsca race in game, while Crom's faction is in the WoC race and he be made a WoC LL. The division depends on just how close to the heart of Chaos they are, or how heavily corrupted or influenced. I don't think it will be the entirety of these two being of one of these two races.

I don't think it necessarily means anything for WoC. We already have a Hung faction in game 2 that is settled.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

"Transfer Settlement

Transfer control and ownership of one settlement to a new faction. This can be your faction or another.

Halt Faction

All characters – so armies and heroes – have their movement halted and disabledfor the faction’s following turn.

Give War Co-ordination Target

Gives a faction a war co-ordination target even if they are not your ally.

Break Alliance

Break the military or defensive alliance between two factions.

Force War

Force a war between two factions. "

.....lemme guess. Another batch of mechanics that:

a) Only human players can use
    b) can't be used against another human player

?

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,052
    My thoughts on the trailer are mixed. The visuals are cool and if Tzeentch's maps maintain that style I'll be very happy. The amount of the roster that are reskins/recolours is a bit disappointing, and chaos warriors (and the disk riders) really need a partial makeover (forsaken I think look alright, chaos spawns not so much, but they're both less central units). That being said, I don't mind the old Lord of Change, I think that it's still a cool model, and hey, if CA did their homework back in Game 1, I find it fair that they use it here, it only bugs me when it clashes with the rest of the army's aesthetic. Kairos sounds awesome. Overall we knew a lot of what was shown, just got a better look at some units including the cultists.

Campaign-wise though, that's what's got me super hyped. I was very worried Tzeentch's various themes would be represented in an underwhelming way, but
    the Changing of Ways mechanic looks really fun and could allow for some really thematic and immersive moments. The various ways to alter the winds of magic, the teleportation, the spellcasting-heavy roster and tech... it's all pretty cool.

And the Great Game! The cults! I think CA has found a good balance between general chaos god and god-specific mechanics, that blog really took my slight disappointment with the trailer and put me back on the hype train.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,884
    These mechanics look pretty basic.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,910
    CA_Simone said:

The god of change, the Great Conspirator... Manipulate fate for Tzeentch!

Join the Lord of Change himself, Kairos Fateweaver, and lead the Oracles of Tzeentch in Total War: WARHAMMER III.

Learn more about Grimoires, Winds of Magic and more: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-tzeentch-campaign-mechanics/

Chaaaange! You
    CA_Simone said:

The god of change, the Great Conspirator... Manipulate fate for Tzeentch!

Join the Lord of Change himself, Kairos Fateweaver, and lead the Oracles of Tzeentch in Total War: WARHAMMER III.

Learn more about Grimoires, Winds of Magic and more: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-tzeentch-campaign-mechanics/

EMBRACE CHANGE

The Ogres are coming to get ya!

Proud DC/Marvel/Vertigo comics fan.

Grimdark is overrated.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,836
    edited October 15
    Now that blog... perfect, and great to see the next few weeks will detail changes to game mechanics - this is the best piece of content you've done so far in WH3's cycle IMO, thanks very much.

I hope those 'changing of ways' actions that affect a faction/location require a certain amount of corruption to exist there first.
  • AdmTDAdmTD Registered Users Posts: 55
    The mechanic's are great !

So much shenanigans can be happen!

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,066
    edited October 15
    Okay I finished the blog and got to say, I take back my earlier comment. These mechanics are insane. CA really went above and beyond on them, they seem really fun to play on the map and very varied from older factions.

CA is not off the hook for the recolors but God damn is the campaign side of things good, credit where credit is due.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,646

Yes, the Dreaded Wo is a Chaos Tribe North East (maybe North West it's a weird angle) of Cathay, pretty close the the Great Bastion. Would most likely be a Norsca clone.

[SNIP]

I was more pointing out that, judging by the icon, they're not a Norsca faction but a Chaos Warriors faction.

It actually surprised me a bit, as the campaign action they're showing off is to "reveal territory" and a Chaos Warriors faction shouldn't have any territory.
    Crossil said:

I don't think it necessarily means anything for WoC. We already have a Hung faction in game 2 that is settled.

(Agree on the first part of your post.) The Hung are a Rogue Army faction though, not Chaos Warriors. And while my eyes could be tricking me, the Dreaded Wo have the Chaos Warriors icon.

Ultimately I agree that it probably means nothing, and that "revealing the territory" of the Dreaded Wo will just result in you seeing their horde... but maybe not. Would it reveal an ambushing horde? Would you just get nothing? (And Kuni yelling at you.)

Crossil said:

(Agree on the first part of your post.) The Hung are a Rogue Army faction though, not Chaos Warriors. And while my eyes could be tricking me, the Dreaded Wo have the Chaos Warriors icon.

Ultimately I agree that it probably means nothing, and that "revealing the territory" of the Dreaded Wo will just result in you seeing their horde... but maybe not. Would it reveal an ambushing horde? Would you just get nothing? (And Kuni yelling at you.)
    The Mung are not a horde. They aren't Kurgan, if you didn't know. I think that Aghols are also Hung.

Alternatively, something akin to herdstones. Not like WoC don't have footholds.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Krunch said:

Okay I finished the blog and got to say, I take back my earlier comment. These mechanics are insane. CA really went above and beyond on them, they seem really fun to play on the map and very varied from older factions.

CA is not off the hook for the recolors but God damn is the campaign side of things good, credit where credit is due.

Honestly they seems pretty up!

Also if the ai can use them Tzeentch gonna be a b*tch to fight on the campagne

• MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 914
    Heh, just realised I didn't see a single BM for tzeench yet. Where they at?
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 514
    Tzeentch fans when they trend #JusticeforTzeentch but it didn't improve anything

Pretty sure the Minotaur was given to Khorne solely because of how Minotaurs normally behave.

I would imagine the marked Gors will be future DLC.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Like the Minotaur they hidden or save for a dlc.

• HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432

We never saw Gorebesst chariots or minotaurs in a trailer for Khorne
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 369
    well this is probably the first time since wh3 announcement that im genuinly happy with what we got for one of the races. Nice job CA, Tzeentch seems exciting.

Although with such level of special mechanics and expecting them to be different between the 4 gods....im not seeing how can belakor be the 9th with a proper DoC race, unless CA went out of their way to have special mechanics for the surprise lord as well. which seems unlikely to me. This thought saddens me. It also makes me a sad after seeing Kairos, that even if DoC do indeed come by virtue of belakor being the 9th, i can probably never have a proper DoC army lead by Kairos.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,630
    Hey CA, I would like a proper Herald, with unique body, like it has on TT. You can choose from 3 variants:

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,007
    Very happy with the reveals, this was my favorite "enter the world of" Trailer yet.

I'm still a bit disappointed by the warriors being recolours, after Khorne i expected better. Can't wait to see the actual roster reveal!
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,646
    Crossil said:

The Mung are not a horde. They aren't Kurgan, if you didn't know. I think that Aghols are also Hung.

I was aware that they're not a Kurgan people, yes.

In TWW2 the Mung and Aghols are Norscan factions, and the Hung are a Rogue Army faction.

The Dreaded Wo appear to be a Chaos Warrior faction (who cannot, as far as we know - and unlike Norscans and Rogue Armies - take territory). They will therefore be a horde, unless Chaos Warriors have been changed.