Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Imagine a faction that took the best parts of Khorne and Tzeentch....

Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,222
AKA: Daemons of Chaos.

Imagine how great THAT faction is going to look.

Imagine how unique THAT faction is going to look.

Imagine how cool the mechanics for THOSE LL's would look.

What an absolute power house of visual, audio, and mechanical creativity THAT faction would have been.

Imagine actually getting Daemons of Chaos.
Campaign Management is for suckers.

Comments

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,884
    Stop tearing my heart apart. Oh, what could've been.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 986
    edited October 15
    At this point im not sure what I would prefer...

I wanted monogods, but i wanted them done justice + 1-2 compilty new units... To flesh them out...
    And ofcourse no models reuse all new (as we got for WH2...)

I expected game 3 to be all about chaos... Didn't people tell me that all those years ago... But nop it's all about Cathay..........

I don't mind Cathay getting good stuff, but do the same for all races (that includes Chaos and Kislev + whatever the pre-order is).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    so 3 races on launch?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,171
    I am hyped for DoC!
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

1v0 said:

lDidn't people tell me that all those years ago...

They also told that monogods is the only way to get complex mechanics and unique models for marked mortals. Ironic, isn't it?
    makar55 said:

so 3 races on launch?

Yes, why not?
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,222
    Reeks said:

Naa i´d rather imagine get Monogods, but proberbly fleshed out with unique looking units and not and ocean of painted game one units.

Hey thats cool too.

I'll just wait for the eventual Daemons faction, because that is going to look amazing, right out of the gate.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,171
    I'm snorting copeium heavily so I think we'll still get DoC.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 110
    They will come wirh belakor
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    SerPus said:

makar55 said:

so 3 races on launch?

Yes, why not?
    ok.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 637
    Surge_2 said:

Reeks said:

Naa i´d rather imagine get Monogods, but proberbly fleshed out with unique looking units and not and ocean of painted game one units.

Hey thats cool too.

I'll just wait for the eventual Daemons faction, because that is going to look amazing, right out of the gate.
    if the 9th ll is belakor you get it on launch.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,132
    edited October 15
    We are getting that, if Be'lakor is coming, but I don't think it will be a Race to begin with, just a Faction inside another Race, doubt very much CA would make a separate Race with just 1 LL, with all units being units from other Races and no option for further DLC.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Why would i want that? 4 factions over 1 will result in much more content in the future.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,127
    Surge_2 said:

Reeks said:

Hey thats cool too.

Guess i'll have to rely on modders 🙄

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
    Reeks said:

Surge_2 said:

Reeks said:

Hey thats cool too.

Guess i'll have to rely on modders 🙄
    Certainly looking that way. Maybe for both of us.

• DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 110
    Pede said:

Why would i want that? 4 factions over 1 will result in much more content in the future.

5 over 1.. We're still going to have belakor with all demonic units since the start
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,238
    B'elakor will have what you want, probably with zero mortal units and Daemon Princes.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,597
    Daemons of Chaos isn't going to get the mechanics of all four Monogods pushed into one....its just gonna get generic Chaos mechanics like WoC and Beastmen.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,052
    Having looked at Tzeentch's campaign mechanics, I'm glad they went the monogods route. They wouldn't have gone nearly as far with the Tzeentch stuff as they have if it was just Daemons of Chaos.

The rosters is another matter though. They certainly aren't going as far as I would have hoped in that regard, though I think a few small adjustments could really help Khorne and especially Tzeentch's race feel more satisfying.

Here's hoping Be'lakor can deliver at least part of your expectations.
    RamsesIII said:

Having looked at Tzeentch's campaign mechanics, I'm glad they went the monogods route. They wouldn't have gone nearly as far with the Tzeentch stuff as they have if it was just Daemons of Chaos.

Literally no reason they couldnt have. Its supposedly the capstone of the game. When Chaos is supposed to get its due level of attention and care.

They absolutely could have done all the various mechanics, for Daemons of Chaos.

• KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,073
    Daemons of Chaos was a lore breaking abomination created by Matt "Spiritual Liege Lord" Ward. It was a pure cash grab by GW as they repeated their trick from 6th edition of splitting up Chaos armies to force players to buy new models or be left with unplayable armies. I for one am very happy to see a return to the proper old style of Chaos armies established as far back as the very first Chaos supplement in 3rd edition.

What is a bit mindboggling is the failure to make the most of the monogod format, can understand not reinventing the wheel with some units but proper remodels can not be that expensive or at least do a reskin.
    Surge_2 said:

RamsesIII said:

Literally no reason they couldnt have. Its supposedly the capstone of the game. When Chaos is supposed to get its due level of attention and care.

They absolutely could have done all the various mechanics, for Daemons of Chaos.

That'd be kinda OP, as you'd have all those faction mechanics in one faction.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
    KN_Gars said:

Daemons of Chaos was a lore breaking abomination created by Matt "Spiritual Liege Lord" Ward. It was a pure cash grab by GW as they repeated their trick from 6th edition of splitting up Chaos armies to force players to buy new models or be left with unplayable armies. I for one am very happy to see a return to the proper old style of Chaos armies established as far back as the very first Chaos supplement in 3rd edition.

What is a bit mindboggling is the failure to make the most of the monogod format, can understand not reinventing the wheel with some units but proper remodels can not be that expensive or at least do a reskin.

Yeap, 6th Edition Hordes of Chaos was peak Chaos in fantasy. That, and Lost and the Damned.

Djau said:

Surge_2 said:

RamsesIII said:

That'd be kinda OP, as you'd have all those faction mechanics in one faction.
    No? You just tie them to a LL...

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,052
    Surge_2 said:

RamsesIII said:

Four races worth of unique mechanics on top of the ones they all have for a single race? Not a very realistic thought, especially since in the case we had Chaos Daemons we'd likely have at least one other core race and they'd need some of that budget.

I mean, you can dream, but I feel pretty confident in saying Chaos Daemons wouldn't have gone quite so in-depth with each god's mechanics.
    RamsesIII said:

Surge_2 said:

RamsesIII said:

Four races worth of unique mechanics on top of the ones they all have for a single race? Not a very realistic thought, especially since in the case we had Chaos Daemons we'd likely have at least one other core race and they'd need some of that budget.

I mean, you can dream, but I feel pretty confident in saying Chaos Daemons wouldn't have gone quite so in-depth with each god's mechanics.
    Sure, and that's a choice.

It is however just that. An arbitrary choice CA would make.

• PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,746
    Tzeentch mechanics look very good and I assume the ones of the other monogods will too, It wouldnt happen if demons were just one race.

Plus i'm pretty sure be'lakor will be the undivided demon faction we all want.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • RedcelerityRedcelerity Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 61
    Oh you mean like Be'lakor?, I am pretty sure he uses daemons from all factions right?
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,840
    Considering we have seen every single Daemon unit from 8th edition so far, we have gotten more than if we only had DoC. Belakor and DoC undivided are likely as the 9th LL, if you really want to play Daemons of all 4 gods, and then we got Cathay and Kislev on top of that, as well as Khorne Mortals. Even if Tzeench is never changed and both Nurgle and Slaanesh are just recolours, we'd still be better off than if we had just received Daemons undevided.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)