Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA, this is worse than re-coloring old models...

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,967

Panic over, Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slannesh are Chaos and will sometimes show the mark of Chaos.

Nothing to get excited about.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,181

1v0 said:

I will repost something from another topic Credit goes to @Bies he posted it there originally

I like how chill he is about the whole thing.
    Did you expect him to lash out at the customers?
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,171

1v0 said:

I will repost something from another topic Credit goes to @Bies he posted it there originally

Did you expect him to lash out at the customers?
    Yeah. Just YOLO a bunch of sick slams.

Nah. I just appreciate that he evidently likes to talk mad trash but tones it down enough to actually work.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

Panic over, Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slannesh are Chaos and will sometimes show the mark of Chaos.

Chaos Units show the mark of Chaos sometimes?
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

I have plenty of affiliated units who don’t show the overarching chaos symbols, they show those connected to their god. However, some do, that’s why I’m rather bemused by this current ‘moral panic’.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Yeah, totally. Marketing trailers are full of place-holder units. Definitely. 100% Legit.
    Did you miss the Kislev and Khorne trailers?

Brown bears and Feral Gorebeasts…
    So, why didn't Simone say so, Arne? Why did he refuse to give a clear answer that would restore CA's public image?
    Because the higher ups didn’t let him. That’s how companies work.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    kufaree said:

If CA dont change at least the marked warriors, then i wont buy the game.

And im not joking

See you on launch day bro!

I said the same thing regarding Ogres being the preorder and here I am still haven’t cancelled my preorder. I’m weak.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 900
    The chaos warriors on the disk and on foot weren't placeholders when the cinematics were made.
    Will CA remodel the units from community backlash? Hopefully.

Saying it was always a placeholder especially the disc riders is disingenuous.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,986
    The star of chaos is a universally sacred symbol for them, there’s nothing wrong with it being carried by warriors dedicated to a single god.

What’s **** up is the lack of a new skin for the Tzeentchian disc riders which are in effect a new unit
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Yeah, totally. Marketing trailers are full of place-holder units. Definitely. 100% Legit.

So, why didn't Simone say so, Arne? Why did he refuse to give a clear answer that would restore CA's public image?
    So, why didn't the higher-ups let him, Arne? Are they masochistically enjoying to watch the public image of their company getting tarnished? Why didn't they let him end the controversy once and for all?
    Nestor.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

So, why didn't the higher-ups let him, Arne? Are they masochistically enjoying to watch the public image of their company getting tarnished? Why didn't they let him end the controversy once and for all?
    Because that’s how companies work. They always avoid statements like that.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Because that’s how companies work. They always avoid statements like that.
    They avoid statements that put them in a positive light? Isn't the marketing department's goal to exactly improve the public image of the company? That's quite a claim, so it needs some extra reasoning.
    Nestor.

• MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 403
    A bit of reminder:

Complains > CA make changes > better game

White Knight > CA doesn't address issues > worse game

When the latter will finally understand and embrace how basic life works, it will be a win-win for everyone.
    CA are now aware of these complaints and will either do something or not. More likely we all decided that Chaos Warriors would be a major feature and took it for granted I know I did.

Better Chaos Warriors may only come into it when we get mortal LLs.

I have plenty of affiliated units who don’t show the overarching chaos symbols, they show those connected to their god. However, some do, that’s why I’m rather bemused by this current ‘moral panic’.
    Thanks for sharing the information. Not exactly surprising that.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 683
    ArneSo said:

Placeholders

CA would have said so if they were.
    Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

When the latter will finally understand and embrace how basic life works, it will be a win-win for everyone.

Yes. Because that's how that works. Definitely.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Thanks for sharing the information. Not exactly surprising that.
    That’s what I thought until I saw this thread.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,358
    1v0 said:

CA is getting away with this stuff because people are not critical enough.

That trend started with Norsca actually, was going to say Vampire Coast.

Copy/pasting Chaos Undivided Marauders, Feral Manticore, at least they bothered with Chaos Warhounds.

Also Syreens, Direc Wolves as Scurvy Dogs no new model at all, Fell Bats.

True ! We didnt get recolours/reskins in WH2 for the elfs, we didn't get WoC Chaos spawn for BM (we got a new model), why is it now acceptable? When we are paying for a full game not an expansion !
    exactly.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 403
    edited October 17

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

When they changed the unit cards for the better CA_grace said it was due to complains on reddit.

So yes, it's how it works.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,358

1v0 said:

I dont see it that way, all I see is "I cant even tell you if they will be fixed or not unfortunately".
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

When they changed the unit cards for the better CA_grace said it was due to complains on reddit.

Yes. Definitely. No doubt. Absolutely.

Enough complaint threads here will definitely cause a change. Yes. Yes.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

Yes. Definitely. No doubt. Absolutely.

Enough complaint threads here will definitely cause a change. Yes. Yes.
    So, why did they change it, Vanilla Gorilla? Just a hobby to spend their free time? Why will sieges be reworked? Why was the Scythian DLC free for a limited time?
    Nestor.

• kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 715
    ArneSo said:

kufaree said:

If CA dont change at least the marked warriors, then i wont buy the game.

And im not joking

See you on launch day bro!

I said the same thing regarding Ogres being the preorder and here I am still haven’t cancelled my preorder. I’m weak.
    I dont even preordered the game bro, but back in the day i preordered the first and the second game
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,881
    ArneSo said:

Reeks said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Just imagine for a sec that people just went "Shrug that´s a placeholder unit" when they saw the Lumberjacks, a really low effort unit made by Ca instead of complaining of the low quality, do you honestly think Ca would have changed it then?
    I‘m pretty sure CA listened to our feedback.

#justicefortzeentch
    Maybe CA has but that's the problem here all we have is a "maybe, maybe not" I need an actual evidence that they will look different. Until then I'll keep complaining about them.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,636
    edited October 17
    I will say that the undivided iconography is the most painful bit about repeated models. But you know the model that seems to get overlooked?

The Steeds of Chaos. Now, this might harkon back to a certain game's old memes with an ironic twist, but horse armor is the same. That is, it also contains the exact same model and the exact same symbols as those from WoC..... and even Khorne has those steeds for his cultist's mount.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 352
    Total War 3K also got a lot of things changed or improved like alternate unit cards, horse bardings or even making the female characters a bit prettier due to constant complaints.

So yes, CA does listen if people shout hard enough.
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 844
    edited October 17
    Yeah but complaints must also be presented properly in my opiniion.

ScreamingEnvy (OP) wrote "And this shows that CA literally took no efforts at all."

Well they did. Infact they just followed a formula that GW used.

They designed SLIGTH diffrences in the looks of the diffrent chaos warriors, but what made them stand appart (and this is the important thing) were diffrent abiletys.

ED: i just think this subject takes up far to much, when its something that will get fixed 1 day after release by modders anyway

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,840

I was literally just about to post this when I saw that you already did so way before me.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,636
    edited October 17
    BrynjarK said:

Yeah but complaints must also be presented properly in my opiniion.

ScreamingEnvy (OP) wrote "And this shows that CA literally took no efforts at all."

Well they did. Infact they just followed a formula that GW used as well, there are SLIGTH diffrences in the looks of the diffrent chaos warriors, but what makes them stand appart are their diffrent abiletys.

In the absence of god aligned lists, you mean. But Monogods are god aligned lists, which is where your argument is wrong.

Whenever GW took to formulating god aligned lists, they went ham with the overall design. Both in 40k and in AoS. And even in Fantasy, while there haven't been models that would showcase it, since GW barely even keeps up the model line for existing units(and was still missing models for units and characters in the armybooks), in spite of that, we had indicators that showed that aligned units aren't meant to be the same. Artworks, some limited models, conversions, there are things that show us how it could've been, had GW enough time or intent to explore them.

So no, this is minimum, in not zero, effort on CA's part. They most certainly aren't following GW's formula. "Existing models" is a bad excuse.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT