Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gospodars have been renamed?

mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,045
edited October 18 in General Discussion

As we can see in the tech tree there are references to the Gospodars, which is cool because it means that the Ungols and Gospodars are still a thing, but I find it funny that they changed the name to Gospadors haha.

Comments

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,251
    edited October 18
    Sounds a bit like spanish in my ears.
    They are likley allies to Alejandro el enano blanco.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 557
    Probably a typo.

I am waiting for a clear confirmation about Ungols though. They really made the Kislevite culture unique and I wish they are still a thing.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,460
    Also realised that.

2 techs include the term Gospador, so I doubt it’s a typo… not sure about that… it doesn’t sound right in my opinion.

But since they still seem to exist, it gives me also hopes that Ungol are still a thing. Just please don’t rename them Ongul… 😅
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,844
    sykall said:

Allies to Alejandro you say ?

#JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,266

Probably a typo.

I am waiting for a clear confirmation about Ungols though. They really made the Kislevite culture unique and I wish they are still a thing.

When they talk about how much the two main factions hate each other, they comment that there is already a civil war on the borders.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,045
    Neodeinos said:

sykall said:

How? Why?
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,010
    Neodeinos said:

sykall said:

That was best bug ever!
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,251

Neodeinos said:

sykall said:

How? Why?
    A bug in Cataphs Southern Realms mod for TWW1
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,045
    CA_Andy said:

Yeah, that's a typo. Thanks for the spot, we'll sort ;-)

Thanks for the answer!
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,444
    It is probably a typo, but maybe GW didn't like the connection to a real life word, and then changed it to something similar..
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,430
    CA_Andy said:

Yeah, that's a typo. Thanks for the spot, we'll sort ;-)

It is probably a typo, but maybe GW didn't like the connection to a real life word, and then changed it to something similar..

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    Gospodars still existing doesn't mean Ungols does. And even if they come in a DLC, it means that Kislev won't have a racial mechanic about the two people cohabitating, like they have with the Ice Court/Orthodoxy.

So the Ungol/Gospodar divide is effectively gone, in all purpose
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,031
    Well at least we know that the Gospodars and probably Ungols still exist in the new lore, the question is if they will be restricted to flavour texts and events or if we will get something more solid down the line. For now the Gospodar vs Ungol conflict seems to have been replaced with the struggle between Katarin and Kostaltyn.
    Maelas said:

Gospodars still existing doesn't mean Ungols does. And even if they come in a DLC, it means that Kislev won't have a racial mechanic about the two people cohabitating, like they have with the Ice Court/Orthodoxy.

Wouldn't that entirely depend on how the Ungol are introduced? We know that the Ungol already lived at the edge of Kislev society, and we now have confirmation that there already is a civil war brewing or ongoing on the borders. Maybe the Ungol are introduced with a LL that will focus on just exactly what you claim is non-existant..
  • Spellbound55Spellbound55 Registered Users Posts: 856
    So something to note, is that we can't see Erengard and Praag which if I recall are cities with stronger links to the Ungols than the capital. If there are techs referencing the Ungols they'd be linked to the northern cities.

So something to note, is that we can't see Erengard and Praag which if I recall are cities with stronger links to the Ungols than the capital. If there are techs referencing the Ungols they'd be linked to the northern cities.

Erengrad used to be the Ungol capital, but the Gospodar took it (along with all other parts of Kislev) over. Praag was the first city settled by the Ungol, but I feel like Praag has a stronger connection to magic and hedge wizards, since it was the center of magic in the Old World before the creation of the Colleges of Altdorf.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,385

Maelas said:

Wouldn't that entirely depend on how the Ungol are introduced? We know that the Ungol already lived at the edge of Kislev society, and we now have confirmation that there already is a civil war brewing or ongoing on the borders. Maybe the Ungol are introduced with a LL that will focus on just exactly what you claim is non-existant..
    Bring on the Ungol DLC and seperate Hag DLC!

Maelas said:

No, you misunderstand. Old Kislev was evenly split between Ungols and Gospodars. It wasn't just a few fringe minorities at the border. Ungols were numerous, present everywhere, and were an equal foil to Gospodars. They lived mostly in the steppes, opposed to the Gospodars more urban, sedentarized lifestyles, but even then, there was many Ungol Boyars.

So, even if you have an Ungol DLC, with an Ungol LL with Ungol mechanics, it'll never be able to represent the divide of Old Kislev, because when you'll play any other LLs, those mechanics won't exist, Ungols won't exist except as units.

Maelas said:

pretty much what i am expecting honestly

saweendra said:

Maelas said:

I mean I know those two things are related but it's not like we get that many units in DLC and I think they there is a enough design space to have one focused on the Ungol people, and then one focused on Hags and more supernatural elements.
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

No, you misunderstand. Old Kislev was evenly split between Ungols and Gospodars. It wasn't just a few fringe minorities at the border. Ungols were numerous, present everywhere, and were an equal foil to Gospodars. They lived mostly in the steppes, opposed to the Gospodars more urban, sedentarized lifestyles, but even then, there was many Ungol Boyars.

So, even if you have an Ungol DLC, with an Ungol LL with Ungol mechanics, it'll never be able to represent the divide of Old Kislev, because when you'll play any other LLs, those mechanics won't exist, Ungols won't exist except as units.
    The lore of the Boyars says that they are literally ALL Gospodars.. That is exactly why the Ungol has beef with the rest of Kislev, since they are under the yoke of the Tzar but have no representation.. In fact, a major part of the old lore was, that the Boyars feared that Katarin would promote new lines of Boyars, with some of these being Ungol, which would of course "taint" the purity of the Boyars...

No, Ungols were always fringe elements in Kislev society, because they had been forced there by the Gospodar.

saweendra said:

Maelas said:

I mean I know those two things are related but it's not like we get that many units in DLC and I think they there is a enough design space to have one focused on the Ungol people, and then one focused on Hags and more supernatural elements.
    Eh, I think a DLC with Hags lords, Ungol chiefs heroes, and then Ungols units would be cool, Ungol being a matriarchy led by the Hags was always the vibe I got from them !

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

The lore of the Boyars says that they are literally ALL Gospodars.. That is exactly why the Ungol has beef with the rest of Kislev, since they are under the yoke of the Tzar but have no representation.. In fact, a major part of the old lore was, that the Boyars feared that Katarin would promote new lines of Boyars, with some of these being Ungol, which would of course "taint" the purity of the Boyars...

No, Ungols were always fringe elements in Kislev society, because they had been forced there by the Gospodar.
    That's a mistake of the wiki, old lore mentioned Ungols Boyars, I'm pretty sure of it, and Praag is said to have been "reclaimed by the old Ungol nobility"

saweendra said:

Maelas said:

what else can you add separately as dlc? from what we do know about kislev so far , and them getting 2 dlc or even 3 dlc is extremely likely as wh 3 core

Maelas said:

saweendra said:

Maelas said:

Eh, I think a DLC with Hags lords, Ungol chiefs heroes, and then Ungols units would be cool, Ungol being a matriarchy led by the Hags was always the vibe I got from them !
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Maelas said:

what else can you add separately as dlc?
    Well we don't know what all GW made so potentially a lot. Or a little. It's up in the air
    edited October 18
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

That's a mistake of the wiki, old lore mentioned Ungols Boyars, I'm pretty sure of it, and Praag is said to have been "reclaimed by the old Ungol nobility"
    The 6th edition Kislev supplement specifically says that all Boyars are Gospodar. I beleive you are thinking of the Kossars, that were originally all Ungol, but since has become a mixed unit.

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

The 6th edition Kislev supplement specifically says that all Boyars are Gospodar.
    isn't there some lore that says Katerin started to give Boyar titles to Ungols

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,678
    'Yuri, my Ungol Prince.'

They're definitely still canon.