Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA, this is worse than re-coloring old models...

124»

Comments

• MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,414
    Djau said:

You only need to fix the Warrior of Chaos model...and its not even a full remodel. Just remove the skulls, add tzeentch symbols/eyes then either make the weapon glow or change the helmet, then that model can transfer to Knights of Tzeentch and Disc Riders. Same as the Chaos Warriors of Khorne came from the Skullcrusher.

Halfassing stuff in a full price game ain't good. Nor is expecting people to pay to fix it in DLC (without the offending units being touched anyway).

I agree in principle, but 2021 is what it is.

And you're right, it shouldn't really be a huge deal. I don't understand why it's that hard either.

But I have this gut feeling that none of us fully grasp the entirety of the production workflow that asset creation at CA is following. That's pretty much the only reason I can see as to why they didn't at least spiff up the armor with some monogod symbols or something, instead of just going with what appears to be the same textures subjected to a color shift.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,597
    edited October 18

Djau said:

You only need to fix the Warrior of Chaos model...and its not even a full remodel. Just remove the skulls, add tzeentch symbols/eyes then either make the weapon glow or change the helmet, then that model can transfer to Knights of Tzeentch and Disc Riders. Same as the Chaos Warriors of Khorne came from the Skullcrusher.

Halfassing stuff in a full price game ain't good. Nor is expecting people to pay to fix it in DLC (without the offending units being touched anyway).

I agree in principle, but 2021 is what it is.

And you're right, it shouldn't really be a huge deal. I don't understand why it's that hard either.

But I have this gut feeling that none of us fully grasp the entirety of the production workflow that asset creation at CA is following. That's pretty much the only reason I can see as to why they didn't at least spiff up the armor with some monogod symbols or something, instead of just going with what appears to be the same textures subjected to a color shift.
    I think that excuse is long gone.

More than likely they allowed the intern to use the Hue slider.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 852
    All the "placeholder" people, just send CA $120 now. You don't really care what the state of the game is going to be. You just love to love CA for some weird reason.

The rest of us want the game to be good, not kiss CA's boots.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,630
    Djau said:

More than that. I want remodels for every unit. Monogods shouldn't be a place to dump retextures. Every god has its own aesthetics, I want to see them.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 1,181

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

Complains > CA make changes > better game

White Knight > CA doesn't address issues > worse game

When the latter will finally understand and embrace how basic life works, it will be a win-win for everyone.

Yes. Because that's how that works. Definitely.
    When they changed the unit cards for the better CA_grace said it was due to complains on reddit.

So yes, it's how it works.
    Yes. Definitely. No doubt. Absolutely.

Enough complaint threads here will definitely cause a change. Yes. Yes.
    So, why did they change it, Vanilla Gorilla? Just a hobby to spend their free time? Why will sieges be reworked? Why was the Scythian DLC free for a limited time?
    So the game gets better.......?
    Yes and why did they want to make it better? Could it be because of the complaints, like the screenshot from reddit showed? Or is it because CA is no more a profit-seeking company and just wants to improve the game out of some sort bolshevik kindness?
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    People complain about lack of Katarina unique mount. Did CA done something about it ? What, after you will pay for base game, maybe they will do Teclis thing...or not.

That was easy to predict; Monos will get a lot of reused units, HELL. All of you forgot ArneSo **** that CA will make every Monos unique, yes they did. All have plenty of lazy assets added.

Still that was given, for 6 starting race. Some model are good, some are bad for not exuse.

Its up to you, people. I can and I will wait, year or 2. For me, game 3 was all about Kislev(which suck thx to GW and CA). Now only big map is for what i wait. Dont need that game right from the start.

Pay for what you see, and you like it, or not. Dont pay just to pay.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Yeah, totally. Marketing trailers are full of place-holder units. Definitely. 100% Legit.
    Did you miss the Kislev and Khorne trailers?

Brown bears and Feral Gorebeasts…
    So, why didn't Simone say so, Arne? Why did he refuse to give a clear answer that would restore CA's public image?
    Because the higher ups didn’t let him. That’s how companies work.
    So, why didn't the higher-ups let him, Arne? Are they masochistically enjoying to watch the public image of their company getting tarnished? Why didn't they let him end the controversy once and for all?
    Because that’s how companies work. They always avoid statements like that.
    They avoid statements that put them in a positive light? Isn't the marketing department's goal to exactly improve the public image of the company? That's quite a claim, so it needs some extra reasoning.
    They avoid finite statements and promises.

@AxiosXiphos gave an example about programming which was pretty on point.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676
    Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Reeks said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Just imagine for a sec that people just went "Shrug that´s a placeholder unit" when they saw the Lumberjacks, a really low effort unit made by Ca instead of complaining of the low quality, do you honestly think Ca would have changed it then?
    I‘m pretty sure CA listened to our feedback.

#justicefortzeentch
    Maybe CA has but that's the problem here all we have is a "maybe, maybe not" I need an actual evidence that they will look different. Until then I'll keep complaining about them.
    And so do I. No change no peace!

#justicefortzeentch
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,171

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

When the latter will finally understand and embrace how basic life works, it will be a win-win for everyone.

When they changed the unit cards for the better CA_grace said it was due to complains on reddit.

So, why did they change it, Vanilla Gorilla? Just a hobby to spend their free time? Why will sieges be reworked? Why was the Scythian DLC free for a limited time?
    Yes and why did they want to make it better? Could it be because of the complaints, like the screenshot from reddit showed? Or is it because CA is no more a profit-seeking company and just wants to improve the game out of some sort bolshevik kindness?
    Not sure why you're asking me. I don't work at CA.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    Given how poorly implemented the warrior-themed units seem to be (riders not properly attached to discs etc), their minimal exposure in the trailers and the nonsensical nature of the warriors from that one image, this would further support them being unfinished assets for the trailers. Not a great look for the marketing or reassuring about the length of the delay. Khorne warriors look great, no reason Tzeentch ones shouldn't either.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

Explain why a profit-seeking company would spend resources for a product already available to the consumer. It's apparently not the complaints (despite CA's own admission that the cause was the complaints), so what is?
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Yeah, totally. Marketing trailers are full of place-holder units. Definitely. 100% Legit.

So, why didn't Simone say so, Arne? Why did he refuse to give a clear answer that would restore CA's public image?
    So, why didn't the higher-ups let him, Arne? Are they masochistically enjoying to watch the public image of their company getting tarnished? Why didn't they let him end the controversy once and for all?
    They avoid statements that put them in a positive light? Isn't the marketing department's goal to exactly improve the public image of the company? That's quite a claim, so it needs some extra reasoning.

If it's a placeholder, then it's not a promise. If it is placeholder, it will be changed no matter what. By your logic, CA shouldn't even say that the four chaos deities will be playable or that WH3 will eventually get released.
    Nestor.

• MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 403
    Guys I really do not understand some of you.

I think we should just be honest and balanced by giving credit to CA when it deserves it (they made some great stuff for this franchise) and be critical for the same reason.

Chaos warriors recolors are NOT a big issue and I value other stuff way more, but since those are base game factions we should expect them to have unique models.

In all honesty I don't give a crap about Chaos warriors\Chosen and I would enjoy the game even if all the monogods have the same identical looking mortals. However, I still can understand and support those who expect them to look different.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,724
    ArneSo said:

Placeholders

Probably not but lets hope.

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

Explain why a profit-seeking company would spend resources for a product already available to the consumer. It's apparently not the complaints (despite CA's own admission that the cause was the complaints), so what is?
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

If it's a placeholder, then it's not a promise. If it is placeholder, it will be changed no matter what. By your logic, CA shouldn't even say that the four chaos deities will be playable or that WH3 will eventually get released.
    For profit.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,478

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

It would be a short-term investment for a long-term profit... It is a rather basic concept actually.. Whether the suits at CA agree with the loud people on the forum or not, remains to be seen.
    edited October 18

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

For profit.

It is for profit, but not according to your logic. My argument is that people voice their dissatisfaction, so CA is pandering to their demands (as the reddit screenshot proves), in order to please potential customers. If the complaints don't matter, then why did CA decide out of the blue to improve the unit cards? How did they conclude that it will increase their revenue? It's a very simple question, Vanilla Gorilla, but for some mysterious reason, you refuse to elaborate.
    Nestor.

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

For profit.

I

Thanks for agreeing with my points.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

For profit.

I

So you agree that it was the complaints that pushed CA to improve the game. Alright, but why did you keep trolling for so long?
    Nestor.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,986

And let me just add that I'm not suggesting people feel sorry for CA or anything, but it seems to me that CA tends to prioritize their own convenience a little higher than our feelings.

In other words, feel free to communicate your dislike of the color coded warriors. I'm not saying you shouldn't. But I wouldn't get my hopes up that CA will actually do anything about it. And I'd be real amazed if they actually did.

Thanks captain obvious
  • IoriYamadaIoriYamada WalesRegistered Users Posts: 792

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

For profit.

I
    So you agree that it was the complaints that pushed CA to improve the game. Alright, but why did you keep trolling for so long?

It's generally a good idea to create a quality product. They improved turn times because it helped the game and opened more doors for them.

People complain about everything, yet everything doesn't get changed.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,073
    edited October 18
    jezz... this again, 8 pointed star, doesn't mean "undivided",
    that symbol Is the generic symbol for Chaos, which is precisely why is used for undivided, and is placed in almost every model or banner in the TT, no matter if they are god-align or not.

here, one of the greaters champions of Khorne with said symbol:

Slaanesh:

Nurgle:

And tzeentch (and I choose this mini not because there is no art, but to show that this "habit" is older that you probably) :

"I am the harbinger of your demise. I am the nightmare in all mortals. I am the thing you fear the most. I am death..."
    —Valkia the Bloody.

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

For profit.

I
    It's generally a good idea to create a quality product. They improved turn times because it helped the game and opened more doors for them.

People complain about everything, yet everything doesn't get changed.
    OK, nobody said everything changes with complaining. Something, however, does, like the unit cards, for example, as CA itself revealed.
    Nestor.

Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

A bit of reminder:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Placeholders

For profit.

I

You must have quoted me by accident as this isn't related to my comment.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,986

jezz... this again, 8 pointed star, doesn't mean "undivided",
    that symbol Is the generic symbol for Chaos, which is precisely why is used for undivided, and is placed in almost every model or banner in the TT, no matter if they are god-align or not.

here, one of the greaters champions of Khorne with said symbol:

Slaanesh:

Nurgle:

And tzeentch (and I choose this mini not because there is no art, but to show that this "habit" is older that you probably) :

This is objectively correct