Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grand Cathay vs Tzeentch Great Bastion Battle

Comments

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,836
    Holy 10fps batman!

Still, I'd rather see some unoptimised WIP than nothing at all, so thanks for putting this together. Proof, if it were needed (and I'd argue it was) that things are moving forward and being developed. Now let the narrator go to the toilet please, really sounds like he needs it.

Really appreciate the update.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    I think a lot of us expected something new when we were told about big news. Not that there's anything wrong with the video, but it's not exactly big news.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    Nothing much that we haven't seen before. Still looks rough and unpolished ( I know I know it's in the disclaimer, but still)
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432
    1v0 said:

Nothing really new here...

And it's aways painful to see those recolours (no the chaos spawns are the same, I can go in WH2 and screenshot them :P), made even more painful by how often we see them(the recolours)... uhhhhhhh...

If I can say something good about this video it's - the soul grinder looks cool.

Khorne was fine because they usually showed the awesome warriors alongside the Daemons and didn't really focus on the Spawn. They showed a bit too much warhound though.

Tzeentch though.... nothing but Chaos Spawn and Forsaken with the occasional daemon.
  • TrenchwarTrenchwar Registered Users Posts: 73
    The great bastion looks like the empire gate maps in terms of complexity to me. Like helmgart's defense.

Not sure what's really new short of buildables. Doesnt seem to be that much of a new siege map layout afterall.

Would've also liked to see someplace else than grand cathay siege. I mean we havent seen yet kislev settlements. What about the demons? I'd like to see how their "town defense" look like. Now that would be some news. Both in terms of look and gameplay.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    Well, it was a very pretty video, and I love Miao Ying thunder sass animations, but it was also a big ball of nothing new !

At least, Tzeentch got them blue and purple gorgoeus colors to looks at !
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,836
    PLHenry said:

I think a lot of us expected something new when we were told about big news. Not that there's anything wrong with the video, but it's not exactly big news.

Probably has a much wider reach than the blog posts, even if I personally appreciate them less.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,881

I'm pretty sure those shields are new.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183

What was the Big News again?

Kairos Fateweaver is sexy and I would go straight for him.
    Is it being straight when it's with a birb demon of change ?
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 232
    Nice trailer but that's definitely not "Big News"
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,052
    I have to say, for how little I cared about the soulgrinder, the tzeentchian variant actually looks rather cool in-game. As for the video itself, not much new (ok, the potential flying toggle is really nice, that I'll admit). I gotta say though I'm loving the way the game looks, the map and the skybox look beautiful and I'm really digging Kairos and Miao Ying's animations. Maybe it's just me but the framerate in the trailer wasn't super smooth, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the game run in a polished state in a good PC.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,351
    Neodeinos said:

Why are they yellow?
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,686
    edited October 19
    Neodeinos said:

Yeah, had the same feeling. Are they slowly getting updated?

EDIT: Never mind. Chaos Knight shields.
    Post edited by JungleElf on
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676

Is it just me or do these Chaos Spawn have a different head?

*sorry my mistake, they're still the same.

They definitely look unique!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,850
    edited October 19
    It looks like CA worked out the toggle issue for flying. It appears we will be able to toggle flying. The question is- for characters, it units as well? The sky lanterns did seem to be extremely low to the ground at a couple of points in the video. There is not much new info here, but certainly a good extended visual for the information we have received so far.

I am also sure there are some new nuggets in there too. It just seems like those nuggets are less desired to spot out, especially for new units when we have a good feeling we will get the full roster will be revealed soon.

*Edit:

Post edited by hendo’ on
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,881

Neodeinos said:

Why are they yellow?
    Probably because they aren't.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,676
    Neodeinos said:

Yap that’s awesome!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,157
    The Kairos and Miao Ying models look awesome. Can’t wait to learn their whole kits.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 986
    ArneSo said:

55JoNNo said:

Nope

If you need screenshots in WH2 tell me I will go screenshot a few.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,432
    ArneSo said:

They definitely aren't....
  • Budoka4Budoka4 Registered Users Posts: 67
    Well this was a bit dissapointing. Nothing new really and if this is the Great Bastion battle, I really dont see what is so special about it. It looks like a normal siege battle with Cathayan flavour.
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 92
    Better start splashing the cash on a 3000,- gaming PC considering their own PC's cant handle a 1v1 army battle. 10fps... Also the graphics seem grainy and bad? Otherwise reasonably cool trailer.

"Be at peace, for that is all I ever want." - Karl Franz.
  • mdgh1991mdgh1991 Registered Users Posts: 474
    Big news... focus on Tzeentch this week... disgusting lies...
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 304
    That was pretty awesome! Sieges seem to shape up nicely. Well done CA!

I just wonder, will pink horrors split up into two blue horrors like in the lore? I haven't seen it happening in this battle. I hope they do.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 304
    Neodeinos said:

Well it's a cool vid but what was the big news exactly ?

We got a lot of news in the last couple of days. I'm honestly surprised how much we got.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,127
    Red_Dox said:

I really expected more from "Great Bastion" battles.

-----Red Dox

Yeah The Great Bastion was what i looked forward to the most with Grand Cathay

I´m gutted :s

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,913
    edited October 19
    Nice to see the Cathays LLs thunder effects and some off the spells look very impressive, love the clawed hands erupting from the ground.

Getting a closer look at the demon units they look wonderful, the pink horrors and flamers look crazy fun and I'm also liking soul grinder more.

why on earth they keep doing closer ups off the repainted spawn and forsaken tho like their some thing new is beyond me, there a real eyesore and get in the way off everything else that's look brilliant.