Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why the Earth floats in Cathay?

2»

Comments

• Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 989
    unoalazar said:

One question that many ask is, why do the Cathay Islands float?
    Personally, I think it could be for two reasons:
    The constant winds of magic that come from the northlands, but this does not happen in Kislev, Norsca, or anywhere else for example, which leads me to think about the second option (which is the one that I like the most)

The cause is the magnetism of the Cathay sediments.
    Some Cathay territories could have large deposits of magnetic metals, which would create a repulsion, causing many sediments to remain in the air.

The latter would generate a type of corruption in those foreigners who come loaded with weapons and metal armor, it would mean a type of natural defense against any type of foreign invasion.
    I would love to see this explained in Cathay's lore.

The Floating Mountains of Pandora Explained | James Cameron's Avatar:

A DRAGON DID IT.
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,233
    As @Saitoh pointed out, the lore of heavens is called lore of stone in Cathay.
    Not only that, but the dragon of rocks is not among the remaining 5 children. So it stands to reason that there is an Rocks/Heavens/Azyr aligned dragon amongst the lost ones. Maybe it has something to do with that.
    Alternatively we know that the Dragons fly on the winds of magic, which they must have figured out after the arrival of the Old Ones. There were no WoM before that! So maybe they simply applied the same method to the rocks to build some sanctuaries across last couple of millenia.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,829
    edited October 20
    Because for s

Because CA artistic design team thinks more is better. It looks cool is the only rule, no logical sense( Appropriate to the setting), no lore, just what looks really cool. Akin to what happened to Sequel era Start Wars, momentary cool events, at the expense of the established lore, devaluing the universe it is set in as a whole. However after a while everything being over the top makes everything boring. Sometimes less is more.

That's a very good summary IMO.

Game 3's design choices definitely seem like magic for magic's sake all over the place. Looks like Kostaltyn will be the only regular size lord who actually walks... although I haven't seen him in game; maybe he floats on a cloud of faith.
  • Data5Data5 Registered Users Posts: 251
    When cathay need a strategic nuke they summon a high velocity rock as a comet. When a tactical nuke is enough they drop one of the floating rocks on the enemy.
  • Domokun84Domokun84 Registered Users Posts: 206

Because for s

Because CA artistic design team thinks more is better. It looks cool is the only rule, no logical sense( Appropriate to the setting), no lore, just what looks really cool. Akin to what happened to Sequel era Start Wars, momentary cool events, at the expense of the established lore, devaluing the universe it is set in as a whole. However after a while everything being over the top makes everything boring. Sometimes less is more.

That's a very good summary IMO.

Game 3's design choices definitely seem like magic for magic's sake all over the place. Looks like Kostaltyn will be the only regular size lord who actually walks... although I haven't seen him in game; maybe he floats on a cloud of faith.
    Hey hey now, clouds are reserved for the monkey king thank you very much
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,535
    Cause either their so close to Tzeentch that things are floating like I'm his realm aka rea bleed over. Or just cause they're so awesome at magic.more magicer than slann.