Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cotton candy chaos mechanics look insane!

whitewolf7762whitewolf7762 Registered Users Posts: 57
After reading about the mechanics for them like being able to cause wars between factions, stopping a lord or hero in their tracks, or seeing where an enemy is going to attack I am more excited for them than I am for transforming into a dragon(I’m giddy about that too). Also being able to break defensive alliances! Imagine doing this to dwarfs and empire! What about speeding up the tech tree where other factions will be left in the dust? Ok now I’m really excited, what do you guys think?

Comments

• caladbolgftwcaladbolgftw Registered Users Posts: 232
    edited October 21
    This has to be sarcasm.

In all seriousness, I wonder if Kairos' faction AI is even capable of using those abilities in campaign. Even if it could, it would be incredibly annoying to players. Speaking of campaign manipulation mechanic, I don't think I even notice AI clan eshin using their scheme back in game 2...
  • epic_162578572945FgdWSzpepic_162578572945FgdWSzp Registered Users Posts: 506

This has to be sarcasm.

In all seriousness, I wonder if Kairos' faction AI is even capable of using those abilities in campaign. Even if it could, it would be incredibly annoying to players. Speaking of campaign manipulation mechanic, I don't think I even notice AI clan eshin using their scheme back in game 2...

i just had a game where i was malekith and i had my income stolen by snikch so it can happen
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 255
    edited October 21

This has to be sarcasm.

I think they should be able too.

If snikitch used his thing on you. say, he only does if he is at war with you and you are the strongest faction in the game. you would get a counter saying how many turns he was from achieving it and you would have to make peace, wipe him out or drop from being his strongest enemy.

Be a difficult twist
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,444

This has to be sarcasm.

They make use of their schemes now and again. I have even witnessed them using their faction deletion a few times..
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 843
    What is the matter, everything sounds cool and overpowered but your own favorite faction mechanics?
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,577
    edited October 21

Not just Kairos.

It should be noted, these are faction mechanics, not connected to the LL.

So you have multiple Tzeentch factions allowed to throw down all these bizzare maneuvers freely, completely dismantling any sort of consistency to factional behaviour as everyone is forced to fight everyone, settlement ownership flies all over the place, no one is allowed to move, etc.

I really think that they should implement some changes to what is proposed here.

Eshin uses their schemes, it's just not allowed to use the faction delete button on the player.

But you're right that there are mechanics the AI isn't using.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• whitewolf7762whitewolf7762 Registered Users Posts: 57
    Crossil said:

Not just Kairos.

It should be noted, these are faction mechanics, not connected to the LL.

So you have multiple Tzeentch factions allowed to throw down all these bizzare maneuvers freely, completely dismantling any sort of consistency to factional behaviour as everyone is forced to fight everyone, settlement ownership flies all over the place, no one is allowed to move, etc.

I really think that they should implement some changes to what is proposed here.

Eshin uses their schemes, it's just not allowed to use the faction delete button on the player.

But you're right that there are mechanics the AI isn't using.
    So right now tzeentch sounds a lot like cao caos faction from three kingdoms. The currency he uses in that game allows for limited use of his abilities.

Although he does use them and he’s one of the first faction leaders you want to take out because of this but it makes it really fun both being him and fighting against him.

Right now there’s only one legendary lord for tzeentch so we don’t really know if they’ll have the same mechanics like warhammer 2 races did when it comes to multiple factions for a race having these mechanics.

This has to be sarcasm.

Nope not sarcasm. It’s going to be fun playing as and against tzeentch if these are in the final game. If you want a taste of how these mechanics would work look up the cao cao campaign in three kingdoms.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,444
    As long as the settlement transfer cannot affect a faction capital, then I am a-okay with the Tzeentch factions racial mechanics.. Hell, they might actually add some challenge to the game..
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 895
    I wish they were more complex or they bring some kind of explanation how those abilities works. I dont like HE Influence just mechanical buttons sometimes with zero logic. I know its Tzeentch and he is almighty, but still for me those abilities makes no sense without some information.
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,833
    I am very excited as well! I would like to see the gameplay of the mechanics in action- especially after they released blogs regarding them.

I am very torn on who to play-if CA give us a curveball, and Boris Ursun is in at launch (I am not expecting this to be the case), then I will undoubtedly play as Kislev. But in terms of a demon faction- oh boy, Tzeentch mechanics are something I have wanted for a king time. I'm curious of any limitations for forcing someone to declare war. Also, I wonder if you could choose an army and have them one-off attack their settlement- creating a rebel army.

I think when I play as Tzeentch, I'll go for creating a civil war between the two main Kislev factions. Then work up to have Cathay declare war on one of Kislev factions while I spread corruption through their lands and hire ogre mercs (if available) to raid their lands.

The more elaborate mechanics have me psyched too! And that's not even starting on Tzeentch's apparent dominance in the air and their firepower.
    hendo1592 said:

I am very excited as well! I would like to see the gameplay of the mechanics in action- especially after they released blogs regarding them.

I am very torn on who to play-if CA give us a curveball, and Boris Ursun is in at launch (I am not expecting this to be the case), then I will undoubtedly play as Kislev. But in terms of a demon faction- oh boy, Tzeentch mechanics are something I have wanted for a king time. I'm curious of any limitations for forcing someone to declare war. Also, I wonder if you could choose an army and have them one-off attack their settlement- creating a rebel army.

I think when I play as Tzeentch, I'll go for creating a civil war between the two main Kislev factions. Then work up to have Cathay declare war on one of Kislev factions while I spread corruption through their lands and hire ogre mercs (if available) to raid their lands.

The more elaborate mechanics have me psyched too! And that's not even starting on Tzeentch's apparent dominance in the air and their firepower.

I agree with starting a civil war between factions that sounds amazing, especially between the kislev leaders.I was going to start as zhao Ming because cathays mechanics are interesting with the ying and yang aspects but I’m very much leaning towards tzeentch now.

hendo1592 said:

I agree with starting a civil war between factions that sounds amazing, especially between the kislev leaders.I was going to start as zhao Ming because cathays mechanics are interesting with the ying and yang aspects but I’m very much leaning towards tzeentch now.
    Tzeentch won't be my first chaos playthrough but the manipulation mechanics is very appealing. I like getting into the *thick* of things with my characters and doing that with Tzeentch seems like a big no-no.
    hendo1592 said:

hendo1592 said:

Tzeentch won't be my first chaos playthrough but the manipulation mechanics is very appealing. I like getting into the think of things with my characters and doing that with Tzeentch seems like a big no-no.
    Haha ya I feel like you’d go insane. That’s interesting though because I’d guess you would gravitate towards human characters? I know I do because I like the fact that you can name generals and what not. I really can’t decide now between the tzeentch mechanics and the Cathay/kislev characters!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,952
    Side conversation removed. Please discuss the topic without discussing each other.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

hendo1592 said:

hendo1592 said:

J

Tzeentch won't be my first chaos playthrough but the manipulation mechanics is very appealing. I like getting into the think of things with my characters and doing that with Tzeentch seems like a big no-no.
    Haha ya I feel like you’d go insane. That’s interesting though because I’d guess you would gravitate towards human characters? I know I do because I like the fact that you can name generals and what not. I really can’t decide now between the tzeentch mechanics and the Cathay/kislev characters!
    Haha yeah, I tend to gravitate towards the Human factions for my first playthrough. But I'm fortunate where I genuinely love playing as all the different races.

Though I will admit, I tend to go for the good guys (clearly LM in TWW2). Funny enough, the first races introduced to me were BM and GS, and I definitely looked at them through the lens of a Spartacus-type character, fighting against oppressors* (*gits that think they are better and think they can hold you down).