Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Replays Still Corrupted Most of the Time

ejdallas44ejdallas44 Junior MemberPosts: 7Registered Users
edited March 2012 in Total War: Shogun 2
Why haven't replays been fixed yet?

Is CA aware of this issue?
Post edited by ejdallas44 on

Comments

• grumhiegrumhie Senior Member Posts: 437Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    since when were they corrupted? never had that happen here.
  • ScorepioScorepio Senior Member Posts: 256Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    ejdallas44 wrote: »

Never saw that and i save a lot of replays.
    [PORTABLE-ID]scorepio[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • SporeduckSporeduck Senior Member Posts: 767Registered Users
    edited March 2012

Replays are not working because of __________ ?
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,192Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    If he means that they are corrupted because they don't show what actually is happening in the battle he's just using the wrong word. They are not corrupted, it's simply how the mechanics work. When you save a replay, all the commands are saved. If what actually happened, with every soldier dying, every bullet fired should be recorded accurately, we would end up with replays of 10+ gb.
    Overall the replays should be accurate, but your units might loose 5 more men in the replay than they actually did in the battle.

You probably wont ever see it "fixed". CA has used this mechanic for all previous games and it works quite fine IMO. No reason to change it unless they can do it properly.
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • SporeduckSporeduck Senior Member Posts: 767Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    10 Gigabytes? Hardly. Think you need to go back to the datafiles 101 class.

The biggest issue with replays in video games is usually that they constantly change rules - Was it Command and Conquer that ended up having an EXE with the rules for each game version purely to allow playback of replay files that were consistent over time?
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,999Registered Users, Moderators
    edited March 2012
    The issue is more prevalent in MP, because what used to happen is that units gained xp and levelled-up in battle, but not in the replay. So, the results became skewed. However, this particular issue was supposed to be addressed in the latest patch, and yet the replays apparently are still not as they should be.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ejdallas44ejdallas44 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    First: Of course I'm talking about multiplayer replays (why you are saving replays vs. the AI is beyond me ;) )

Quite frequently, online battles saved as replays won't even have the same winner!
    You can see this happening in replays posted on youtube by heirofcarthage, gamedudester, etc.
  • JiruriJiruri Senior Member Posts: 196Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I have a replay in which I was hugely outnumbered. I took my men up a mountain and made spear walls. I dismounted my generals and waited for the enemy to come in close. There I fought like crazy, ended up losing almost all my men, but routed the enemy. In the replay however, the spear wall is never formed and my men are crushed! :(
    It was there that he decided to stand and hold his ground against many. And it was there that he fell.
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 27,999Registered Users, Moderators
    edited March 2012
    First: Of course I'm talking about multiplayer replays (why you are saving replays vs. the AI is beyond me ;) )

Quite frequently, online battles saved as replays won't even have the same winner!
    You can see this happening in replays posted on youtube by heirofcarthage, gamedudester, etc.

To be fair it would have been clearer to everyone if you had posted the thread in the Multiplayer section. Nevertheless, as far as I know, CA is working on a fix but it missed the cut-off for the recent update.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ejdallas44ejdallas44 Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    CA is working on a fix but it missed the cut-off for the recent update.

They should make an announcement regarding this. The issue has been around for a while.