Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Great Book of Grudges with CA statement about Tzeentch Chaos warriors

The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 390
At 15:52

The Tzeentch chaos warriors were never intended to be part of the launch roster. Those are unmounted chaos knights it looks like.

Comments

• mdgh1991mdgh1991 Registered Users Posts: 481
    edited October 2021
    They weren't intended, OK but this won't change the fact chaos knights are still there and they are reused/recolored models.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,328
    Doesn’t make it better since Knights and Doom Riders are still lazy and cheap recolours from 5 years ago.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,920
    If they weren't intended then why did CA keep quiet and not announced it immediately?
    Maelas said:

Which doesn't change the recolor problem, tho ! A Knight being recolored isn't better than a Warrior being recolored.

Yeah imagine Skullcrushers just being a normal Chaos Knight…
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,452
    It underlines the fact there’ll be a DLC launch for mortal units.

Yeah but Knights and Doom riders will be boring recolours forever then.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,920
    edited October 2021
    If they said it is not intended therefore Tzeentch Warriors will not come in Warhammer.

What about DLC? It will not be done in DLC as well if they said it is not intended unless it is under plan to be sold as DLC later
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,214

See you whenever that comes around. Iirc, it took LM/Skv a year and a half to get to that vaunted lord pack.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• JerroserJerroser Registered Users Posts: 607
    jamreal18 said:

If they weren't intended then why did CA keep quiet and not announced it immediately?

Its probably because even if the warriors on foot weren't actually going to be in the game, the same criticism about their Knights/Doom Knights is still valid. Plus I imagine some managers within the company needed to have a serious word with the marketing team first before they even start thinking about what to say to the playerbase about it.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,879
    edited October 2021
    I'm not really buying that lame excuse from CA. Seems like a bit of a cop out.

I think they were intending to put chaos warriors and chosen into the roster but decided to cut them due to backlash. Why wouldn't they just put forsaken in that screenshot instead of Chaos Warriors/Chosen if they're not going to be in the roster? Doesn't make any sense.

On a positive note though, I think we will get proper Chaos Warriors/Chosen down the line with DLC but who knows how long that will take.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,014
    I call BS on that.

I see no reason why they decided Khorne will get their Chaos Warriors and not Tzeentch. The only logical explanation was that they removed Tzeentch's warriors after the backlash, and justified it by saying they were never planned in the first place.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,452
    Crossil said:

See you whenever that comes around. Iirc, it took LM/Skv a year and a half to get to that vaunted lord pack.
    Personally, I think we are in a different place, the DLC machine will be rolled out ASAP. There will be no Norsca type issue so I imagine things will run smoother.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 7,582

Those are unmounted chaos knights it looks like.

They were recolored chosen, not knights.
  • Eye_of_SauronEye_of_Sauron Registered Users Posts: 330
    So the Knights are just **** recolored u
    Undivided Knights. You don't say...

At least the Lord Packs are going to add new units and new models. I mean, they can't put recolored Undivided Clones in DLCs, right?...Right? 👀
    #JusticeForTzeentch #TzeentchLivesMatter #JusticeForMonogods

• MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,219
    Fossoway said:

I call BS on that.

I see no reason why they decided Khorne will get their Chaos Warriors and not Tzeentch. The only logical explanation was that they removed Tzeentch's warriors after the backlash, and justified it by saying they were never planned in the first place.

lol, yeah. That is the only logical explanation. No other possible explanation could possibly be conceived. Today is a day of hilarity.

One thing is certain, Tzeentch would be enjoying all this!
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,882
    Maelas said:

Which doesn't change the recolor problem, tho ! A Knight being recolored isn't better than a Warrior being recolored.

And now it's even worse.

"We're still doing lazy colours....but we're also cutting the most iconic units from the setting! $60 ****!"
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 727

So the Knights are just **** recolored u
    Undivided Knights. You don't say...

At least the Lord Packs are going to add new units and new models. I mean, they can't put recolored Undivided Clones in DLCs, right?...Right? 👀

believe me they can, especially if they are limited in time or funds.