Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Balance patch

Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,811
Just wondering if people would like to see one last balance patch for game 2 or just let it phase out until game 3 happens.

There could be a 3 to 6 months wait before game 3 is out and while the game is in the best shape it has been (after cav beta live), there are some things that could use adjustments, i do wonder if the interest is there or not really

I do think Major changes should be avoided and most changes should be cost focused with some exceptions where cost adjustments are not ideal anwser.

Balance patch 43 votes

Yes - give us one last final balance pass
72% 31 votes
No - let the game phase out/happy with current balance
18% 8 votes
Don't care
9% 4 votes

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,912
    Yes but its not gonna happen. ca made a pretty clear statement on it.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,811
    saweendra said:

Did they? Im not too certain that its locked in stone that it won't happen, i think expecting a rebalance change with stat changes might not be possible, but cost adjustment patch might happen. If not than its ok i can start work on my mod.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    I'm fine leaving balance as-is. I suppose if they want to test features for Warhammer 3, it might be a good way to do that, but I'm not too concerned about balance at this point.

That said, I do want to see some critical bugs fixed. Ambush is utterly broken and I think it's unprofessional to just leave it that way and move on.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,308
    The last patch was entirely underwhelming considering how long it took and that there was clear low lying bugs available to patch presented and demonstrated by modders
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,213
    Bastilean said:

The last patch was entirely underwhelming considering how long it took and that there was clear low lying bugs available to patch presented and demonstrated by modders

agreed. I dont think its too much to ask for 1 last patch to a game that lasted 5? years. It deserves to not end in such a poorly balanced state.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 654
    No way CA does another patch. I'm honestly shocked they spent resources and time into fixing the cav bugs.

The gate bug still exists BTW and always will. I bet it'll even carry over and ruin sieges in TWW3.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 11,811
    edited November 2021
    I do hope there be a final patch as i feel game 3 is gonna fail or struggle for a while and not just due to my dislike for reinforcement but thus far nothing i seen is i consider an improvement to game 2 in terms of balance or visuals or interface, i go as far as say its a downgrade, the only thing i feel might be saving grace is their focus on MP, i refrain from elaborating as its becoming more of a rant.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 400
    saweendra said:

It's a fooking xml editing... How hard can it be? One dude can make it in an evening!
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,718
    Tbh I rather we have one last major bugfix patch
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 804
    If it’s to fix bugs than yes also would be nice if game 2 wasn’t left in a sad state my cpu probably won’t run TWH3 since they aren’t great about making optimal lower settings for the series.
  • RawSugarRawSugar Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    edited November 2021
    what should the patch contain though? can we even agree on what it should be?

I'd say
    LM needs a small nerf (125 points) aimed at their anti ranged suite, but without taking too much away from their melee power, something like nerfing missile resist on key units fx, and cost nerf of shielded sauri.
    HE, TK, EM need a small buff (125 points), TK and EM to midtier infantry, HE...maybe their archers and SOA?
    and NO and VP need a medium buff (250 points) - for VP specifically aimed at melee units

And BRE needs a recalibration away from fay/pala/QK to other units (or for the special stance to offer something like ogre antiCD)
  • OddzillaOddzilla Registered Users Posts: 351
    The only thing they should be focusing on with another patch is fixing the ambush AI in campaign.
  • RawSugarRawSugar Registered Users Posts: 1,458
    Oddzilla said:

The only thing they should be focusing on with another patch is fixing the ambush AI in campaign.

thats more of a bugfix patch? would defo be nice to get that, and much easier to agree on.

My point was that a FINAL balance patch should only contain really obvious and tested changes with broad support. Im not even sure we can agree on what factions let alone what units should be rebalanced.
    Id rather stick with the game as is than a haphazard balance patch.
  • BovineKingBovineKing Registered Users Posts: 804
    I just want combat & campaign bugs fixed that’s it.