Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Southern Realms/DoW death?

2»

Comments

• YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,257
    DOW or riot.
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,547

Bonutz said:

I’m doing my best to hold out hope for DoW. They’re my most wanted faction.

I’m just not very hopeful at this point since CA virtually killed every minor race with that Game 3 map except for Chaos Dwarfs.

Except DoW still exist on the immortal Empires. Think about how Skaven were implemented. None of their settlements are on the Vortex map.
    I really want you to be right. I’m just not going to get my hopes up.

If they happen, awesome. If not, it’s not unexpected at this point.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • MooncakeMooncake Registered Users Posts: 658
    My guess is we are getting Chaos Dwarfs followed by an endless stream of lord packs. Dogs of War as a second pack is now infinitely more likely than Hobgoblins, Nippon, Khuresh, or Ind, but not something I would count on.

Really a disappointing result, but if it gives more time to refurbish old races I can live with it.
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 637
    My bet is on a Nagash faction that CA and GW will develop based on the End times stuff that Nagash got. They only need to mix and match some TK and VC units and add new ones that look cool and overdesigned.

This will sell for 10x more than mercenary faction, just for the fact that cool looking and gigant Skeleton Lich lord is easily marketeable .
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,100
    ERICdbs said:

My bet is on a Nagash faction that CA and GW will develop based on the End times stuff that Nagash got. They only need to mix and match some TK and VC units and add new ones that look cool and overdesigned.

This will sell for 10x more than mercenary faction, just for the fact that cool looking and gigant Skeleton Lich lord is easily marketeable .

That's merely your own personal preference. And let's be honest; it's not as if 'Mercenaries' are hard to sell either;

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Bayes said:

I will take anything over DoW I really do not want another human faction.

But good luck finding a alternative more likely than DoW for the second campaign pack.

Come on, out of 36 units, 15 are non-humans, and that's by counting Marauders and Amazons as humans.

It's barely a human race !
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,769
    Maelas said:

Bayes said:

But good luck finding a alternative more likely than DoW for the second campaign pack.

Come on, out of 36 units, 15 are non-humans, and that's by counting Marauders and Amazons as humans.

Don't get me started on all the most boring units from other factions including factions I hope didn't even exist.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 5,515
    Boria said:

I mean after Ogre pre-Order it kind of seals the deal. should we bury them next to Araby? or is there still hope?

I would love if Simone would confirm if they would be in or out.

theyre more likely now than ever
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 5,515

Bonutz said:

I’m doing my best to hold out hope for DoW. They’re my most wanted faction.

I’m just not very hopeful at this point since CA virtually killed every minor race with that Game 3 map except for Chaos Dwarfs.

Except DoW still exist on the immortal Empires. Think about how Skaven were implemented. None of their settlements are on the Vortex map.
    more than that dogs are a merc group they can literally be anywhere in the world and have it make sense.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Bayes said:

Maelas said:

Bayes said:

Don't get me started on all the most boring units from other factions including factions I hope didn't even exist.
    Well, this is a fair opinion, DoW isn't for everyone, hence, I wish that us both gets the races we want !
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,790

SaintCorn said:

Labria said:

I see no reason why Dogs of War/Southern Realms should be dead. They can still be 2nd campaign pack after Chaos Dwarfs. Dogs of War/Southern Realms have own army book with lots of characters and units.

If Southern Realms/Dogs of War is really dead. What do you think CA will add as 2nd campaign pack instead of Southern Realms/Dogs of War?
    That roster is so disingenuous.
    It is filled with roster bloat and actually just taking units from other races wholesale to make the Dogs of War a discount Ogre Kingdoms.

That's a far more accurate roster, but the Dogs of War fundamentally just take loads of units and tier one units from factions in-game.

For example,

I combined variants from your roster and marked the ones copied basically wholesale from what we already have.

Now, please do think that for a campaign pack, you will be paying something like $20.00 for a bunch of units that are essentially not even recolors but just can be ported wholesale from other factions.

That is probably why some would consider them pretty dead because they're essentially not on the map, and they are currently comprised of stuff we already have.

You're assuming they won't be reworked in some way for old world? Which given that the border Princes have had a make over; seems all but certain?
    They could be, but I am explaining the logic behind why some could consider them dead.
    Further, I am merely stating that as it stands currently, a lot of their roster is cheap to produce and stuff already seen or done better by others.

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2021

SaintCorn said:

Labria said:

I see no reason why Dogs of War/Southern Realms should be dead. They can still be 2nd campaign pack after Chaos Dwarfs. Dogs of War/Southern Realms have own army book with lots of characters and units.

If Southern Realms/Dogs of War is really dead. What do you think CA will add as 2nd campaign pack instead of Southern Realms/Dogs of War?
    That roster is so disingenuous.
    It is filled with roster bloat and actually just taking units from other races wholesale to make the Dogs of War a discount Ogre Kingdoms.

That's a far more accurate roster, but the Dogs of War fundamentally just take loads of units and tier one units from factions in-game.

For example,

I combined variants from your roster and marked the ones copied basically wholesale from what we already have.

Now, please do think that for a campaign pack, you will be paying something like $20.00 for a bunch of units that are essentially not even recolors but just can be ported wholesale from other factions.

That is probably why some would consider them pretty dead because they're essentially not on the map, and they are currently comprised of stuff we already have.

You're assuming they won't be reworked in some way for old world? Which given that the border Princes have had a make over; seems all but certain?
    Repeat. Please delete. Thanks.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,343

Even worse, Ogres took Dogs role as mercenaries

The mercenary mechanic has plenty of room to be expanded upon, and has been a feature in numerous Total War titles.

A simply UI change to the merc screen would not be hard. They aren't locked into 'only Ogre mercs forever'.

Personally, I think an expanded merc system is DoW last best shot.