Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Vampire counts need to rework

YuenYuen Registered Users Posts: 1
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
Good afternoon! Recently,they've reworked almost all the basic factions of total war warhammer 2 except vampires. I am an avid fan of this faction and am very concerned about their current state and future. Vampires, in principle, have a hard time with their garrisons of 3 zombies and 1 skeleton warriors, and this is in a settlement with walls. In general, it is very difficult for them in principle, both in earlygame and in endgame. They are surrounded by the 2 most powerful factions of order time, which actually leaves them no chance of survival. Also, vampires don't even have a full set of squads, there is not even an ordinary grave guard with halberds. In principle, they have only two times less squads than the same dwarves or humans, and the mechanics with bloody kisses, if you somehow managed to survive and live to the middle of the game / the beginning of the late game, becomes useless because there is nowhere to put them.

Please tell me, is it worth waiting for at least a small rework of vampires in warhammer 2, or even possibly in warhammer 3?

With respect,
An avid fan of Vampire Counts and an avid fan of the Total war series of games

Comments

• Gunter_von_StroheimGunter_von_Stroheim Registered Users Posts: 96
    In 2 no, in 3 it is, but apparently not soon. First of all, they will deal with the main factions of the third part and the factions associated with chaos, such as Norsca and WoC. In addition, they still have to make the chaos dwafs, in the package with which you will most likely be dwarfes. All vampires hoped for something like Neferata or Nagash. I would not expect them to be reworked in the next year and a half after the release of the game.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,784
    Worth waiting? No.

If you enjoy them, play them.

Both Janet on Occasion and Zerkovich both have launched VC Let's Play's since the Taurox DLC, and I'm sure many others if you're interested in figuring out how to avoid their starting woes. They're definitely still playable though.

That being said, yes! They need a rework.

Their roster has suffered countless nerfs and has multiple glaring struggle points, both in MP and in Campaign. And they were the only Game 1 Core Race to not get a Crossover Pack in Game 2. Chaos and Norsca too, although those were Pre-Orders rather than Cores.

However, CA has explicitly stated that Game 2 is done. The VC will NOT be getting a rework in Game 2. Which is why it's not worth waiting. There's nothing to 'wait' for. In Game 3, they definitely will get one of the first Crossovers, but they might not even get the VERY first Crossover. Chaos or Norsca might take that spot. AND we might not see any Crossovers until after the Game 3 Cores get at least 1 LP each, + the Combined Map launches.

So it may be over a year, maybe a year and a half before the VC get that Crossover to clean them up.

If you want to wait over a year to play them again, I mean, I guess you can. But I wouldn't say that wait is 'worth it'. They're still playable and enjoyable now. Just nowhere near as enjoyable or competitive as they used to be.
  • Secuter#4520Secuter#4520 Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    My bet is that the Silver Host / Silver Pinnacle / Lamian Sisterhood or whatever it is called, probably will become a playable faction in TWW3 at some point. CA will probably introduce deeper campaign mechanics for them as well, which will translate to other VC factions.

But as of now, I wouldn't hold my breath. That said, I don't actually think that VC is in a bad spot. Granted, it is a long time ago I played vanilla.

If you think they're too hard, you use these rules of thumb:
    1. Build garrisons everywhere. That goes for all factions.
    2. VC is has a pretty solid powerbase in Sylvania. You can opt for vassalizing Tempelhof and Vlad/Isabella, which will add some buffer states and increase your unit count.
    3. VC is suited for the long run. Increasing VC corruption etc in adjacent provinces.

But, they don't really have any interesting campaign mechanics, so I personally don't find them particularly interesting.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,826
    I suspect the reason they did the Dwarf rework when they did and not a VC one is because VC will be one of the first crossover packs.

Or they get an update when Nagash comes in whatever form.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • Jman5#8318Jman5#8318 Registered Users Posts: 2,115
    I really hope we can see some sort of re-work to Raise Dead.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    Vampires received a rework in game 2. That is where the Blood Kiss mechanic comes from. Not that I will say no to expanded garrisons.

But in my experience the AI usually does okay as VampCounts. Not great, but they put up a fight and make themselves a nuisance for the Empire. Playing as them is easy. I don’t even need to use free all skeleton army spam, but I have no problem playing as Mannfred.
    ò_ó
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 364
    They already did get a rework with the Bloodlines. I think they're alright at the moment, with some minor changes to be desired:

- Better garrisons
    - Banshee moved down from tier 4
    - Make their buildings a little less expensive

Other things will hopefully come in a crossover pack.
  • IglooHater#8161IglooHater#8161 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 416
    edited November 2021
    I don't particularly like the default VC start position, but I had a pretty fun campaign with Kemmler just after the rework. Which as others pointed out, did already happen, reducing its likelihood of being done again any time soon. I guess Neferata would be the most likely source of another one, which would almost certainly happen after Chaos Dwarfs?
  • Rubz2293#7512Rubz2293#7512 Registered Users Posts: 593
    Valkaar said:

Worth waiting? No.

If you enjoy them, play them.

Both Janet on Occasion and Zerkovich both have launched VC Let's Play's since the Taurox DLC, and I'm sure many others if you're interested in figuring out how to avoid their starting woes. They're definitely still playable though.

That being said, yes! They need a rework.

Their roster has suffered countless nerfs and has multiple glaring struggle points, both in MP and in Campaign. And they were the only Game 1 Core Race to not get a Crossover Pack in Game 2. Chaos and Norsca too, although those were Pre-Orders rather than Cores.

However, CA has explicitly stated that Game 2 is done. The VC will NOT be getting a rework in Game 2. Which is why it's not worth waiting. There's nothing to 'wait' for. In Game 3, they definitely will get one of the first Crossovers, but they might not even get the VERY first Crossover. Chaos or Norsca might take that spot. AND we might not see any Crossovers until after the Game 3 Cores get at least 1 LP each, + the Combined Map launches.

So it may be over a year, maybe a year and a half before the VC get that Crossover to clean them up.

If you want to wait over a year to play them again, I mean, I guess you can. But I wouldn't say that wait is 'worth it'. They're still playable and enjoyable now. Just nowhere near as enjoyable or competitive as they used to be.

Dwarfs didn't get a crossover pack, just FLC lord.